Current Improvements

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
NilsZ
Major

Current Improvements

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:05 pm

At the moment i am working on some changes that are:

1. a toggleable iron sight
if you hit F4 key you can switch between three different modes: cross, cross+weapon and only weapon.
I want to change that into two different modes: iron sight without cross (maybe with a small zoom) and weapon (on side) with cross.
Of course i want to add a function to disable that feature if Jakub doesn't like it.

2. I incresed the resistance types from 20 to 100 (only relevant for modders)

3. Explosions can now be silent. Good for my medipack or flames that should not kill instant.

4. New functions for detector:
- diplay text: handy to manage subtitles or other short messages.
- revive human: same as the newlife cheat. Would be cool to revive enemies or players.
- teleport actor: the chosen actor will be ported to the detectors position and get its direction/rotation also.

5. Add two new dummies for fixed MGs, one for each hand. If a human uses a MG, then his hands will get the position of these dummies. With that way we can fix the "mind controlled MGs".

What do you think about that?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: Current Improvements

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:10 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:05 pm
At the moment i am working on some changes that are:

1. a toggleable iron sight
if you hit F4 key you can switch between three different modes: cross, cross+weapon and only weapon.
I want to change that into two different modes: iron sight without cross (maybe with a small zoom) and weapon (on side) with cross.
Of course i want to add a function to disable that feature if Jakub doesn't like it.

2. I incresed the resistance types from 20 to 100 (only relevant for modders)

3. Explosions can now be silent. Good for my medipack or flames that should not kill instant.

4. New functions for detector:
- diplay text: handy to manage subtitles or other short messages.
- revive human: same as the newlife cheat. Would be cool to revive enemies or players.
- teleport actor: the chosen actor will be ported to the detectors position and get its direction/rotation also.

5. Add two new dummies for fixed MGs, one for each hand. If a human uses a MG, then his hands will get the position of these dummies. With that way we can fix the "mind controlled MGs".

What do you think about that?
Ad. 1 Toggleable iron sight is a good idea. Please add also an option to disable this new function in the HDD Editor - just in case.

Ad. 2 Very good idea, which i always wanted. Useful for making custom Resistance ID entries on the list. The default list is very limited.

Ad. 3 Interesting.

Ad. 4 Those listed features could be useful for modding or just for fun (cheats).

Ad. 5 This will definitely add more realism to the game. Handling the mounted MGs in H&D Deluxe always looked weird in comparison to newer FPS games.

P.S. Could you be so kind and add later also an option to disable the "vehicle leaving fix" in HDD editor? This feature is related also to stationary MGs controlled by enemy AI. Thank You in advance for your effort!
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:13 pm

1.) I think I remember having a similar idea, but sadly, most weapons that UO now has don't have a sights model.

2.) What do you mean?

3.) Why should explosions be silent, and what do they have to do with medipacks?

5.) Excellent idea; Jakub and I need it for the halftrack.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:13 pm
Well, i never said that i need that feature for my custom halftrack models. Anyway, certainly it would be a nice addition. thup01

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:48 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:22 pm
Myron wrote:
Well, i never said that i need that feature for my custom halftrack models. Anyway, certainly it would be a nice addition. thup01
We do need the gunner to duck his head.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:34 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:48 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:22 pm
Myron wrote:
We do need the gunner to duck his head.
Well, according to the pictures that i found on Google, the Sdkfz 251 halftrack front MG gunner was standing rather than crouching while using the weapon inside the vehicle.

I could force the halftrack MG gunner in H&D Deluxe to crouch, but i am afraid that this will reduce his visibility and look awkward at the end. I will make some tests with that configuration when time permits.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 am

Standing on his two feet, yes, but surely, he'd have his head down a little, so he could aim down the MG's sights, and keep his head behind the shield, no?

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Myron wrote:
1.) I think I remember having a similar idea, but sadly, most weapons that UO now has don't have a sights model.

2.) What do you mean?

3.) Why should explosions be silent, and what do they have to do with medipacks?

2 and 3 matter if you use the editor. Medipacks are mines with a negative damage value ;)
You should really try the editor, Myron. Its a big pleasure. Trust me.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:22 am

NilsZ wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:00 pm
Myron wrote:

2.) What do you mean?

2 and 3 matter if you use the editor. Medipacks are mines with a negative damage value ;)
Merely opening the Editor has caused me problems in the past. Jakub had to bust my chops up pretty after I caused one ugly fiasco.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:31 am

Myron wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:22 am
NilsZ wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:00 pm
Myron wrote:

2.) What do you mean?

Merely opening the Editor has caused me problems in the past. Jakub had to bust my chops up pretty after I caused one ugly fiasco.
Unfortunately Myron is right.

Well, using the HDD editor in newer operating systems is a pain in the ass to be honest - at least from my own experience. For me the editor works best on Windows XP and Vista. I also heard reports from other people having problems with the HDD editor on Windows 10 (like black screen or serious lag upon opening, etc).

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:48 pm

On my win7 it runs fine. I have the game installed in My Documents, so no admin rights are required.
But of course I know that Win10 is big pile of shit, thats why I stay away of it :)

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:54 am

The beauty about Windows 10 is that it remembers what you were doing, and thus helps you pick up where you left off. Very useful for when if your computer suddenly turns off during, say, a power outage due to a storm.