Updated H&D Deluxe add-ons on Mod DB

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Updated H&D Deluxe add-ons on Mod DB

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:54 pm

Hello everyone,

i updated few of my old H&D Deluxe addons posted here on H&D forums and i uploaded theme on Mod DB:

-> https://www.moddb.com/members/pjakub88/addons
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Updated H&D Deluxe add-ons on Mod DB

Unread post by Jason » Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Looking good my man, what are some of your top picks to play? I'm behind on playing custom missions!
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu May 14, 2020 5:44 pm

Jason wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm
Looking good my man, what are some of your top picks to play? I'm behind on playing custom missions!
Thanks! :mrgreen:

My favourite is "Snake Bite": https://www.moddb.com/games/hidden-dang ... sion-addon

You could try also "The island hopping": https://www.moddb.com/games/hidden-dang ... sion-addon

Especially as you are Australian. To kick some Japanese asses. ;)

Please later give me some feedback from playing my addons!

P.S. You will need my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod in order to play those addons: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:31 pm

Jakub you got a golden chance that wouldn't come back again you could simply add features to your add-ons that if you shoots with silent weapon no alarms and we could test the game capability of how maximum amount of items it could have because it's getting heavy if the item model view in action is heavy and taking alot of processing and rams as well so we could test it's method

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:42 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:31 pm
Jakub you got a golden chance that wouldn't come back again you could simply add features to your add-ons that if you shoots with silent weapon no alarms
I already did that. Since you need the edited data.dta version used in my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod anyway - you will have the possibility to equip De Lisle CC and Sten MK.IIS when playing my addons uploaded on Mod DB. I checked that with Snake Bite addon.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:16 pm

Nice m8 :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:21 am

To everyone reading this:

i removed my addon called "Where Eagles Dare" from my ModDB profile. I watched ZikShadow let's play on Youtube and i listened to his feedback. This mission simply contains too much noticeable bugs and i don't have time neither willingness to further update it. In my opinion the whole idea for this addon was good, but the outcome was mediocre. I hope, that at least some of you enjoyed playing this addon. If not, i apologize for its questionable quality. I will not point out my reasons, because they might be seen as excuses.

I will check my other H&D Deluxe addons hosted on ModDB and i will remove them if needed.

Thanks for your understanding!

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:19 pm

I made the same expierence with my first addons. Later came out that they had tons of bugs. After some years I revised them.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:25 pm

Well that's kinda odd news for some reason because I really enjoyed this add-on mission because it's literally adding new building to the game but yet not a master type of building but It took me 1h to finish the mission but I also struggled with finding the exit..

Well don't lose hope you have a great potential to do great things like that and more.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Thanks for kind words from both of you. thup01

However, i don't think that i will release any new H&D Deluxe addon to the general public. I made lots of addons during my H&D Deluxe modding adventure across the years and now i realize that all my work means shit. I will eventually remove all the remaining addons uploaded on ModDB. Those uploaded on H&D forums will be removed too whenever possible. I don't think that Jason cares about them anymore, being not active on H&D forums since June this year.

I am getting too old for modding. Maybe one of you will release an H&D Deluxe addon someday that will meet the highest standards. This is not ZikShadow fault, but mine. I should think first before i share something online. Now its time for you NilsZ to shine. I had my prime time and this is the price i payed for being arrogant.

I will eventually delete my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod from ModDB too, since as someone stated i "hijacked and stolen" other people and game developers work. Looks like this mod doesn't deserve to be public. It is really sad for me, since i really put all my heart into this project and i always gave credit to respective authors and mod supporters. Believe or not. Now you could laugh and call me whatever you like i don't care anymore.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:44 pm

No you're not arrogant you did your best and honestly most of you guys in this community saved h&d deluxe from death and I don't want to think about all of you go offline ( seriously though I will be sad) because once the last person go offline this particular part of the remaining h&d community and one of the many oldest community out there will be DEAD

You did alot and I admire you for what you did but what happened had happened and no one could ever change the past but we have what's in our hands and we could change the future

We still here for the time let's go and enjoy the rest of it

Let's make a difference and make THIS Community Rise up one more time FOREVER

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:00 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:44 pm
No you're not arrogant you did your best and honestly most of you guys in this community saved h&d deluxe from death and I don't want to think about all of you go offline ( seriously though I will be sad) because once the last person go offline this particular part of the remaining h&d community and one of the many oldest community out there will be DEAD

You did alot and I admire you for what you did but what happened had happened and no one could ever change the past but we have what's in our hands and we could change the future

We still here for the time let's go and enjoy the rest of it

Let's make a difference and make THIS Community Rise up one more time FOREVER
It is sad i know, but this will be better for all of us in my opinion in the long term.

Let's move instead to =RpR= Forums and start modify Hidden & Dangerous 2 together. The community is active, nice and helpfull. It has some future. I am actually tired of serving on H&D forums as someone making mods for others to enjoy not for me. Myron also don't care about my modding work anymore.

I forgot how to feel good about my own modding work, seeking attention everywhere. No more. I have some dignity after all.

Stern was right. I should listen to him before.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Mr. 47 is right. Dont't give up Jakub.

Please keep your addons for me. I will test them and revise them, if my time allows that. HD Deluxe ist still one of the best coop games ever. So we should not waste any culture. I even revised the first bertgold campaign and other addons that were not made by me.

Also dont get mad because of internet trolls. Ignore them, the only that will kill them. If you reply, they win. Your work and feedback means really much to me. I was inactive long years until I saw your addons in 2014. You gave me hope to come back :)

arrogance is not your property, you are a super kind person. faults can be fixed and we can proceed to an ultimate game, that we can play even with our children one day.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:05 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:02 pm
Mr. 47 is right. Dont't give up Jakub.

Please keep your addons for me. I will test them and revise them, if my time allows that. HD Deluxe ist still one of the best coop games ever. So we should not waste any culture. I even revised the first bertgold campaign and other addons that were not made by me.

Also dont get mad because of internet trolls. Ignore them, the only that will kill them. If you reply, they win. Your work and feedback means really much to me. I was inactive long years until I saw your addons in 2014. You gave me hope to come back :)

arrogance is not your property, you are a super kind person. faults can be fixed and we can proceed to an ultimate game, that we can play even with our children one day.
OK, i will keep some of my H&D Deluxe addons on my hard drive if you like. So far i only deleted few addons uploaded on my ModDB account and i left all of the addons uploaded here on H&D forums. I am simply not able to remove them just like that at the moment due to the nostalgia. :mrgreen:

Hopefully ZikShadow will record and upload more let's play videos from my addons. I probably won't do this myself, because once i did, my videos had almost 0 views on my Youtube account. :roll:

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:08 am

Well I'm already subscribed to your YouTube channel..
And I will always be there to help you and comment on everything.

Just don't lose hope.