The wonder weapon - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on.

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

The wonder weapon - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on.

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with You my fiftieth-five created mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "The wonder weapon".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the *.rar archives into Your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace data.dta with the new one. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game, choose play add-on and select "The wonder weapon" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

Germany, 1945. Our objective is to infiltrate a V-2 research facility disguised as a U-Boat base. The Allied armies are closing in, so Germans want to evacuate the complex using a transport ship. First of all we need to blow up the transformer station to cut off the communication, then kill all enemy troops in the area. Next we will secure a V-2 rocket and its technical documentation. To end our mission we need to gather our team at the complex main entrance. The mission starts at night. Good luck!

CREDITS

The concrete bunker model was downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The small guard cabin model and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The cargo ship model and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The new MP44 model and related textures were downloaded from www.turbosquid.com.
The new Browning 1919 model and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
All other models and related textures were taken from stock H&D Deluxe.
For NilsZ for providing info about sound detectors and their proper use in custom missions.

IMPORTANT INFO

Some of the stationary models seen in this mission were placed by me only for visual purposes and to add realism - they cannot be destroyed or used.
The guard at the complex main entrance near the lowered road barrier need to be eliminated silently using knife, otherwise shots (or explosions) would be heard and the mission will be failed. Germans are expecting an air raid rather than a commando attack, so they are not very vigilant (this explains the presence of 3 AA gun positions placed on the map). To prevent Germans from raising the alarm, the player need also to blow up the transformer station hidden in the small concrete bunker seen on the tactical map. After that You could freely open the fire without the fear of failing the mission. To secure the V-2 rocket You will need to eliminate all enemy troops in the area and be close to it (within 10 meters). To secure the V-2 rocket technical documentation You will need to eliminate all enemy troops in the area and be close to it within 10 meters (the office containing documentation is seen on the tactical map). I made some of the rooms in the complex inaccessible for the player (doors are locked, but there is no key available) - Germans are evacuating the complex, so i didn't see a need to check every single room and waste time. The hall with the V-2 rocket is seen on the tactical map (the one with the cargo ship).

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If You downloaded my mission add-on please give me Your feedback. I am waiting Your comment. :grin:
Attachments
The wonder weapon.rar
Uploaded 25.01.2018
(3.64 MiB) Downloaded 496 times
The cargo ship and V-2 rocket.JPG
The cargo ship and V-2 rocket.JPG (104 KiB) Viewed 40613 times
data.rar
(560.78 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: The wonder weapon - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on.

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Will this require the Overhaul Data, or the Data that has that special Navarone TNT?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 pm
Will this require the Overhaul Data, or the Data that has that special Navarone TNT?
Download the data.dta file uploaded in the first post of this thread.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:36 pm

I did all the objectives in order, and yet no mission complete when I take my lone wolf to the main entrance.

On a side note, the other dock has been evacuated completely, so it must be the one that Captain Reznov finds and sinks. LOL. The V2 rockets are loaded with the Toxic Gas called "Nova-6".

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:36 pm
I did all the objectives in order, and yet no mission complete when I take my lone wolf to the main entrance.
Proper mission's objectives fulfilling order:

1) blow up the transformer station;

2) kill all enemies on the map;

3) get close to the V-2 rocket (within 10 meters);

4) get close to the V-2 rocket documentation stored in the room seen on the tactical map (within 10 meters);

5) gather Your team at the main complex entrance (the white-red horizontal barrier near the first encountered enemy).

After You complete the fifth objective in the order presented above You will see this objective marked as "...COMPLETED" and after 3 seconds the mission will be finished and You will be transferred to the "post-mission screen".

As i wrote earlier - i tested and completed this mission without problems. I don't know what You considered as the "main entrance" - maybe You went to the wrong location?
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Below i posted 3 pictures from "The wonder weapon" add-on.
Attachments
The V-2 rocket.JPG
The V-2 rocket.JPG (133.43 KiB) Viewed 40576 times
The small concrete bunker.JPG
The transformer station is placed inside the small concrete bunker.
The small concrete bunker.JPG (43.83 KiB) Viewed 40576 times
The complex main entrance.JPG
The complex main entrance.JPG (41.88 KiB) Viewed 40576 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Hmm, I must have tripped the objective then but didn't know it. I will have to start over.

By the way, did you play Call of Duty: Black Ops?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 pm
Hmm, I must have tripped the objective then but didn't know it. I will have to start over.

By the way, did you play Call of Duty: Black Ops?
This could be the source of the problem.

No, i didn't play Call of Duty: Black Ops. :roll:
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:18 pm

Most of the story in Black Ops happens in the 1960s, as Americans against Cubans, Soviets, and the Vietnamese, but there is one special mission that happens in 1945 where you, as Reznov, a Soviet, must find a lost German cargo ship carrying V-2 rockets.

I think you will like it.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:18 pm
Most of the story in Black Ops happens in the 1960s, as Americans against Cubans, Soviets, and the Vietnamese, but there is one special mission that happens in 1945 where you, as Reznov, a Soviet, must find a lost German cargo ship carrying V-2 rockets.

I think you will like it.
I wonder if You finally was able to complete "The wonder weapon" add-on? Please let me know, thanks. Good night! sleep01
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 am

Below i posted 2 pictures as a solid proof to show You Myron, that "The wonder weapon" add-on could be completed without problems.
Attachments
mission completed.JPG
mission completed.JPG (65.91 KiB) Viewed 40542 times
mission objectives.JPG
mission objectives.JPG (120.8 KiB) Viewed 40542 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:55 am

I got it to work this time, though I doubt I killed 36 enemies like the Mission Complete screen says. :roll:

I do not know if my eyes are tricking me, or if the enemy is able to shoot through the ship. I see tracers that look like it.

Good mission.

The lack of trees makes me think the Arctic uniform would have been more appropriate than the Winter-Forest uniform. But then again, we do emerge from a forest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5wsMpKJlUA

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:50 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:55 am
I got it to work this time, though I doubt I killed 36 enemies like the Mission Complete screen says. :roll:

I do not know if my eyes are tricking me, or if the enemy is able to shoot through the ship. I see tracers that look like it.

Good mission
Well, i killed the total of 14 enemies according to the counter. There is no more enemies on map! I wonder why you had that high kill score at the end, strange. I never had such problem in my H&D Deluxe...

I added static collisions to the whole cargo ship - to all its elements, so it would be impossible that gun shots could get through them. I didn't notice that during playing. However, it is possible that gun shots could get through small empty spaces (i.e. cargo ship's windows). I didn't create the cargo ship model myself, so i am not responsible for its overall quality. As i said, it was placed by me only for visual purposes and realism.

The SAS uniforms used in this addon were taken directly from the H&D Deluxe Norwegian campaign (Norway 4 mission).
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:50 am
The SAS uniforms used in this addon were taken directly from the H&D Deluxe Norwegian campaign (Norway 4 mission).
Yes, that uniform is Winter-Forest.

But Norway 1 has us wearing the better looking Arctic uniform. smile01