The Yamashita's Gold - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on.

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

The Yamashita's Gold - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on.

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with You my fiftieth-four created mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "The Yamashita's Gold".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the *.rar archives into Your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace data.dta with the new one. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game, choose play add-on and select "The Yamashita's Gold" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

BURMA, 1944. The commander of the Chindit forces Charles Wingate, asked us for help to retrieve gold stolen by the Japanese during their Malaya conquest. The rumor is saying, that the treasure is hidden in an ancient vase somewhere within the Buddhist temple grounds. Our objectives are to eliminate all enemy resistance in the area and to find the treasure. There is a small wooden bridge, that we need to use to cross the river. The Buddhist temple complex is heavily defended - an enemy medium tank was seen in the area. Good luck!

CREDITS

The Buddhist temple model and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The Buddhist temple gate and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The sandbags model and related texture were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The Japanese Type 97 Chi-Ha tank model and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
All the other models are taken from stock H&D Deluxe or were made by myself.

IMPORTANT INFO

To be able to use the tactical map press the spacebar (by default). Zoom-in the view (press and hold left mouse button and adjust the map view with Your mouse movement while holding the "+" icon from the upper buttons bar) to find the position of Your SAS team members, so You could assign them various tasks. The only way to cross the river is to use a small wooden bridge seen on the tactical map. All the enemies are located within the Buddhist temple grounds. To destroy the Japanese tank use a Bazooka and "the element of surprise" - the tank's cannon need few seconds to be reloaded before it can shot again. The tank's turret needs to rotate in order to track the targets. The tank's gunner also needs some time to react to player movements. Use all that knowledge to Your advantage. Not all the places seen on the tactical map are accessible by player. I didn't remove them for visual purposes and for realism.

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If You downloaded my mission add-on please give me Your feedback. I am waiting Your comment. :grin:
Attachments
The Yamashita's Gold.rar
(6.68 MiB) Downloaded 492 times
The Buddhist temple in the river valley.JPG
The Buddhist temple in the river valley.JPG (86.76 KiB) Viewed 8600 times
data.rar
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 503 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: The Yamashita's Gold - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on.

Unread post by Myron » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 am

This reminds me, ever found the hidden gold stash in the second Austria mission in H&D2?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: The Yamashita's Gold - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on.

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:03 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 am
This reminds me, ever found the hidden gold stash in the second Austria mission in H&D2?
Well, i don't think so. I am not very good at finding Easter Eggs in games, lol.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.