The road to Mandalay - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

The road to Mandalay - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with You my fiftieth-three created mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "The road to Mandalay".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the *.rar archives into Your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace data.dta with the new one. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game, choose play add-on and select "The road to Mandalay" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

Burma, 1944. Our objective is to ride through a mountain valley held by the Japanese. The main road and mountain paths over the valley could be mined, so avoid them if possible. We complete the mission by reaching the other side of the valley in Matilda II tank. Watch out for anti-tank guns, tanks and machine-gun emplacements. Good luck!

CREDITS

The bunker model was downloaded from www.cadnav.com, except for the texture which was taken from the H&D Deluxe.
The sandbags model and related texture were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The Japanese gun model and related texture were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The Japanese Type 92 machine-gun model and related textures were made by me.
The Japanese soldier uniform and facial texture were made by me.
The Japanese Type 97 Chi-Ha tank model and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com.
The Matilda II tank model and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com - thanks for NilsZ for the help in making this new tank drivable.
All other models and textures were taken from stock H&D Deluxe.

IMPORTANT INFO

The main road is mined in several strategic places like river crossings or narrow passages, as well as the mountain paths over the valley. The anti-tank mines could be avoided by simply passing them by and avoiding the main road if possible. Watch out for enemy anti-tank guns and tanks - they could destroy Your tank, resulting in mission failure. Each of the anti-tank guns is manned by one enemy soldier - You need to kill him to neutralize it. Enemy bunkers could be entered from the rear and the MG operator could be taken by surprise. Use the riverbed to flank the enemy positions. The mission ends when all Your survived commandos reach the other side of the valley in the tank.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I updated the data.dta archive again: i edited the list of available items to be used in this add-on, putting all of them in logical order (pistols, rifles, submachine guns, light-machine guns, mines, time-bomb, bazooka, grenades, knife, binoculars and camera).

I updated the add-on again: i added few Japanese Type 97 Chi-Ha medium tanks in few strategic places across the valley.

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If You downloaded my mission add-on please give me Your feedback. I am waiting Your comment. :grin:
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 10.11.2017
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 472 times
The road to Mandalay.rar
Updated 09.11.2017
(4.48 MiB) Downloaded 498 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 35 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: The road to Mandalay - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:33 am

Below i posted 3 images from "The road to Mandalay" add-on.
Attachments
defensive position 3.jpg
defensive position 3.jpg (177.73 KiB) Viewed 29910 times
defensive position 2.jpg
defensive position 2.jpg (178.12 KiB) Viewed 29910 times
defensive position 1.jpg
defensive position 1.jpg (228.42 KiB) Viewed 29910 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:35 pm

The Matilda II tank used in this mission has 4 seats, usable cannon with 93 rounds and 2000 liters of fuel - which is enough to reach the other side of the valley. The tank is immune to small arms fire (including machine-guns) and could drive at average speeds. It could reach small and medium terrain elevations and even cross the river that flows along the valley.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:03 am

But to play this, I must change my Data, no? :sad:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:03 am
But to play this, I must change my Data, no? :sad:

Yes. However, this is not a big problem, just replace the data.dta archive - making a backup of the old data.dta first (the one used in my modified H&D Deluxe missions).

The data.dta version used in this add-on has different item list and their ID numbers (i.e. Arisaka rifle added for Japanese soldiers).

You don't need to replace any other files, because all necessary files (new models, new textures, etc) are already inside the add-on *.add archive.

Unpack "The road to Mandalay.rar" archive into your H&D Deluxe / data directory and you are ready to play the add-on. thup01

I decided to not upload here my newest data.dta archive, because some people may not like the changes that i made for you.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Where do I download the battlefield 1942 tank models again?

They are gray silhouettes again.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:17 pm
Where do I download the battlefield 1942 tank models again?

They are gray silhouettes again.

Oh shit. I forgot to include the Japanese tank textures in my add-on. Wait a second i will need to re-upload the add-on again. :oops:

I really apologize for that. Now every custom texture should be present. Please download this add-on again.

I hope, that you will like it. thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:46 pm

So, did you finally play this add-on or not? I added those missing Japanese tanks textures. I will need to be more careful in future. no_03

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:03 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:46 pm
So, did you finally play this add-on or not? I added those missing Japanese tanks textures. I will need to be more careful in future. no_03
So what do I do, redownload the same Data link above?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:19 am

No. Please download "The road to Mandalay.rar" archive (marked as Updated 09.11.2017) again and unpack (extract) the "The road to Mandalay.add" archive into your H&D Deluxe / data directory.

Of course the appropriate version of the data.dta archive is also needed to play this addon, but i assume that you downloaded it before. :roll:

Then start the game, choose play add-on and select "The road to Mandalay" from the menu (see pictures below).

Please let me know, if you have other questions regarding my add-on. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Mission selection.JPG
Mission selection.JPG (127.49 KiB) Viewed 29824 times
Add-on selection screen.JPG
Add-on selection screen.JPG (101.2 KiB) Viewed 29824 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Crap, sorry, that's what I meant.
Anyway, gonna test now.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Awesome, makes me wish I had 1 or 2 tanks in the real Greece 2.

Your mine locations are a bit weird; if I shoot them with the cannon, the mines explode, and yet if I drive over where they used to be, the tank explodes, not by the mines, but by magic.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:58 pm
Your mine locations are a bit weird; if I shoot them with the cannon, the mines explode, and yet if I drive over where they used to be, the tank explodes, not by the mines, but by magic.

This is not a magic - there is no such thing in H&D Deluxe, LOL.

I set an powerful explosion to be triggered, when you get close to the anti-tank mines laying on the ground by tank (within 1 meter). That was made to ensure, that the Matilda II tank will be destroyed. It would be a little strange to drive over several anti-tank mines and have a tank still intact, don't you think? :roll:
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Lol, no, as I said, I destroyed the mines, and yet they could still destroy me afterwards, unless, did you place one or two indestructible mines along with the destructible ones?

I must turn in now.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:26 pm
Lol, no, as I said, I destroyed the mines, and yet they could still destroy me afterwards, unless, did you place one or two indestructible mines along with the destructible ones?

I must turn in now.
I forgot, that you have this "habit" of blowing up all mines that you find on the ground, instead of passing them by. :-?

So now, if you drive over certain places in the valley, your Matilda II tank will be destroyed, no matter how hard you will be trying to blow up the mines.

Let's assume that those anti-tank mines were actually buried deeper into the ground, so surface explosion won't destroy them. :mrgreen:

The only way to avoid the destruction would be to bypass those places "defended" with anti-tank mines.

You will need to find the mined areas yourself. However, those areas are quite obvious. nods01

Thank you for the feedback by the way! thup01

If you like, you could try my other add-ons. :grin: