H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:08 pm

I had original ideas, but after seeing your changes, I just feel like they MUST be merged! :mrgreen:
Naturally, these new overhauls must work for the new data.dta you made.

Italy 1
WTF are those partisans? All I find is a truck with no gas in it. Stupid partisans... maybe they left to bring back some gas cans. :cool: Just kidding.
Any, yes, add some of those Greek partisans, to stand next to the truck, guarding it. Add fuel to the truck, for realism's sake.

Added gunboat, halftrack, and two MG nests, Yes, I love those, reuse them please. Change all snipers into non-scoped k98s, check.

P.S. The Adda River picture shows us with the helmeted SAS uniforms; can our uniforms be swapped to fix that? Or is that just a stupid idea?

Italy 2
Add MG nest and point the sole sniper on main building towards the craters.
All other sniper rifles must be non-scoped.

Add prison-laborers, working here and there.
But should they be red or blue on the map? In the Germany 3 factory, they are red, and my men shoot them. But if they are blue, won't the Germans shoot them?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:40 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:08 pm
I had original ideas, but after seeing your changes, I just feel like they MUST be merged! :mrgreen:
Naturally, these new overhauls must work for the new data.dta you made.

Italy 1
WTF are those partisans? All I find is a truck with no gas in it. Stupid partisans... maybe they left to bring back some gas cans. :cool: Just kidding.
Any, yes, add some of those Greek partisans, to stand next to the truck, guarding it. Add fuel to the truck, for realism's sake.

Added gunboat, halftrack, and two MG nests, Yes, I love those, reuse them please. Change all snipers into non-scoped k98s, check.

P.S. The Adda River picture shows us with the helmeted SAS uniforms; can our uniforms be swapped to fix that? Or is that just a stupid idea?

Italy 2
Add MG nest and point the sole sniper on main building towards the craters.
All other sniper rifles must be non-scoped.

Add prison-laborers, working here and there.
But should they be red or blue on the map? In the Germany 3 factory, they are red, and my men shoot them. But if they are blue, won't the Germans shoot them?

Hello,

Italy 1

What do you mean by Greek partisans? I created an add-on using the edited Italy1 map, but i added 2 Yugoslavian partisans (Force 10 from Navarone). You probably mean Italian partisans.

There are few available stock SAS commando models to be used in H&D Deluxe. I found one model with helmet - see picture below.

Italy 2

There is a setting to be able to add an neutral identity to NPCs - just in the same way as for the stock Steiner character (SAS commandos won't shot him). I made an add-on called "The cave of miracles" with Russian POWs as workers. SAS commandos and Germans treated them as neutral: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2693
Attachments
SAS commando with helmet.jpg
SAS commando with helmet.jpg (36.9 KiB) Viewed 226579 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:15 pm

By "Greek partisans", I mean the models of the partisans used in the Greek campaign. Unlike the civilians, their clothes look like they are actually carrying weapons and ammo.

Yes, the uniform used in the stock Yugoslavia; if you look closely at the mission selection of the very first Italy mission, you can clearly see that uniform being used by the men boarding the truck.

Do neutral characters have to stand still?

Like, what is the officer in Norway 4?
I, wearing a German uniform, stayed for too long in one place, so a German shot-and-wounded me, and I run away, into the Officer's room. The German chases me into the room, and can't tell who to shoot. He runs around in circles, until he pushes the officer, and the officer climbs his desk, and German shoots him! The German than thinks that I am the real officer, and leaves me be. funny02

And what of Steiner in Germany 3?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:22 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:15 pm
By "Greek partisans", I mean the models of the partisans used in the Greek campaign. Unlike the civilians, their clothes look like they are actually carrying weapons and ammo.

Yes, the uniform used in the stock Yugoslavia; if you look closely at the mission selection of the very first Italy mission, you can clearly see that uniform being used by the men boarding the truck.

Do neutral characters have to stand still?

Like, what is the officer in Norway 4?
I, wearing a German uniform, stayed for too long in one place, so a German shot-and-wounded me, and I run away, into the Officer's room. The German chases me into the room, and can't tell who to shoot. He runs around in circles, until he pushes the officer, and the officer climbs his desk, and German shoots him! The German than thinks that I am the real officer, and leaves me be. funny02

And what of Steiner in Germany 3?

Hello,

about Norway 4 i have no idea - it is funny.

Steiner character in Germany 3 is supposed to be killed, because other German soldiers in the complex received order to kill him - this is set in the stock mission.

Below i posted 2 pictures from Italy1 mission - still WIP.

There are 3 commandos in the picture, the last one is behind - so he cannot be actually seen in the picture.

I could replace the partisans models to another one if you wish. I need to equip all Germans and partisans according to the modified data.dta table as well.

I added also fuel to the truck. The pictures were taken from HD editor.
Attachments
Italian partisans.JPG
Italian partisans.JPG (107.59 KiB) Viewed 226573 times
SAS commandos with helmets.JPG
SAS commandos with helmets.JPG (86.02 KiB) Viewed 226573 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Hello,

i just finished editing the Italy1 mission thup01 .

Now it will be compatible with my latest modified data.dta archive.

I replaced those 2 partisans shown on the previous picture with the ones with different uniform textures, just like you wanted.

Unpack the italy1.rar archive into your H&D Deluxe /missions folder and replace the original mission (make backup first!).

I hope, that you will like it.
Attachments
italy1.rar
(772.52 KiB) Downloaded 1454 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:58 pm

Boy, you sure work fast! :mrgreen:

Italy 3

Add those snipers that you like so much in the water towers, and throw in all the MG nests you like, where you like. And the search lights, pretty much add all the changes you added last time. Except I don't think the tanks need new skins.

The only original change I wanted was that the Panzer IVs have fuel and ammo on them. :oops:
The tanks need fuel so that they can drive onto the platform, and on the railcar that is waiting for them.

Side note, is the number of missions per campaign fixed?
I ask because I think there should be a fifth mission, called "Return to Piomonte" where destroy what the bombers missed; the tanks, the locomotives, etc.

There might be officers in the main building.

Who is the civilian, I wonder. A collaborator?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Plus, I like to bug my brothers by playing with the vehicles.

And I think that when they realize the tanks are drivable, they too will want to hop in one and drive around with it! A joyride! :mrgreen:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:58 pm
Boy, you sure work fast! :mrgreen:

Italy 3

Add those snipers that you like so much in the water towers, and throw in all the MG nests you like, where you like. And the search lights, pretty much add all the changes you added last time. Except I don't think the tanks need new skins.

The only original change I wanted was that the Panzer IVs have fuel and ammo on them. :oops:
The tanks need fuel so that they can drive onto the platform, and on the railcar that is waiting for them.

Side note, is the number of missions per campaign fixed?
I ask because I think there should be a fifth mission, called "Return to Piomonte" where destroy what the bombers missed; the tanks, the locomotives, etc.

There might be officers in the main building.

Who is the civilian, I wonder. A collaborator?

Well, for each campaign (or add-on campaign) you could have up to 6 missions - this is hardcoded.

My PZ IV tank models are related with those new skins, i don't know if i could revert back to the old ones.

The new skins are more realistic and historical accurate.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Well, if the tanks are fresh out of a factory, they would have no paint on them, I think.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:05 pm
Well, if the tanks are fresh out of a factory, they would have no paint on them, I think.
So, if you are so smart, please find me a Pz IV texture without paint!

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:14 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:13 pm
Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:05 pm
So, if you are so smart, please find me a Pz IV texture without paint!
I didn't say anything. :sad:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 pm

So, did you already test the edited italy1 mission, that i made for you?

I am asking, because i would like to start editing the italy2 mission for you.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:51 pm

I am still trying to fix the data.

I think your download link got updated, because the BAR, Browning, and Bazooka no longer exist in it.

I am gonna need to some time to see if it's something wrong on my end.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:51 pm
I am still trying to fix the data.

I think your download link got updated, because the BAR, Browning, and Bazooka no longer exist in it.

I am gonna need to some time to see if it's something wrong on my end.

Well i am using the latest "modified data.dta" update and i have no items missing from the list at least in the first campaign (because i am using my old saves).

However, the German soldiers in the campaigns will have wrong items assigned in their inventory, because the stock H&D Deluxe missions use the old un-modified table with different items IDs. I will need to update those missions one by one, to be able to fix this problem, if you want still to use my modified data.dta archive. This is the only way: either to modify the inventory table or all the stock missions.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:26 pm

All is fixed; I just had to uninstall and delete everything, and then start over.