H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:34 pm

List of changes that i recently implemented into the Prague 1 mission:

-> tactical map updated;

-> edited the default sandbags models - now their static collisions are matched exactly to the model (no more invisible barriers that will stop the bullets);

-> added German soldier with MP40, that will cover the approach to the "hideout" of one of the snipers.

Below i attached the models.mod.rar archive that contains the edited sandbags models and the modified Prague 1 mission itself.
Attachments
prague1.rar
Updated 31.10.2019
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 288 times
models.mod.rar
Edited sandbags models.
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:14 pm

"-> now reaching the other end of the bridge (the Russian zone of the city) will result in a mission failure;"

I think that should be changed to only mission-failure if our VIP ever gets to the other side.

"-> added voice from a megaphone (taken from the Czechoslovak campaign intro movie) that will play when the player gets close to the bridge. Russians speak in German language to get the German soldiers in Prague to surrender."

I always wondered what that voice was saying; all I could tell was that it was German. I was thinking maybe it was an urge to "fight on".

"-> removed attacking Russians, except of the T-34 that will try to drive into the cathedral's square (as a scout unit). According to the video briefing the Russian controlled part of the city is located on the other side of the river;"

Sad; I liked seeing a battle.
Still, the instructor does say there is an uprising going on the city; three civilians with pistols isn't an uprising; that barely enough to rob a store or bank.

In times of distress, the cathedral has always been a "safe zone" for the civilians, and bells were to summon them.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:14 pm
"-> now reaching the other end of the bridge (the Russian zone of the city) will result in a mission failure;"

I think that should be changed to only mission-failure if our VIP ever gets to the other side.

"-> removed attacking Russians, except of the T-34 that will try to drive into the cathedral's square (as a scout unit). According to the video briefing the Russian controlled part of the city is located on the other side of the river;"

Sad; I liked seeing a battle.
Still, the instructor does say there is an uprising going on the city; three civilians with pistols isn't an uprising; that barely enough to rob a store or bank.

In times of distress, the cathedral has always been a "safe zone" for the civilians, and bells were to summon them.
Franz Kliegeman (our VIP) cannot move alone in the Prague (not to mention escape), because he is dependent on the voice commands given by the player.

Historically Russian forces entered the city and encountered little resistance. Quote from the wikipedia article:

"9 May
[...] At 4:00, elements of the 1st Ukrainian Front reached the suburbs of Prague. Fighting was mostly with isolated SS units that had been prevented from withdrawing by Czech insurgents. Over the next few hours, the Red Army quickly overcame the remaining German forces.[94] Because most of the Germans had already left, the 1st Ukrainian Front avoided the house-to-house fighting that had occurred in the capture of Budapest and Vienna.[95] The Red Army lost only ten soldiers in what has been described as their "easiest victory" of the war.[96] At 8:00 am, the tanks reached the centre city and the radio announced the arrival of the Soviet forces."

I am afraid that the size of the Prague 1 mission area is too small to truly show the scale of the uprising - i.e. the participation of insurgents. The mission takes place only in the part of the Prague.

As for the bells - i told you why i removed their sounds.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:54 pm

So now i am looking into the Prague 2 mission. Changes that i implemented into the Prague 2 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies and Russian soldiers set to 50%;

-> replaced the default Flak 20 mm and Flak 88 mm AA guns models with custom ones;

-> replaced the default sandbags models with my edited ones (the same as used in my modified Prague 1 mission);

-> optimized static collision volumes of the Fence around the airfield;

-> video briefing edited - i marked the correct landing strip on which the Lancaster bomber will land to pick us up (see pictures below);

-> added 2 mortar emplacements on the roof of the main airfield building (the one with the control tower);

-> re-organized the German defense at the airfield - some enemy soldiers will guard other areas than default;

-> transformed part of the metal fence around the airfield into usable model that i put in one place to fill the gap in the fence. Please download attached models.mod.rar archive below;

-> tactical map updated (more objects visible on the map).
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Metal fence model.
(465 Bytes) Downloaded 272 times
Lancaster bomber.JPG
Lancaster bomber.JPG (94.75 KiB) Viewed 12038 times
extraction.JPG
extraction.JPG (89.22 KiB) Viewed 12038 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:49 pm

Below i attached my newest Prague 2 mission update.

Don't forget also to download all related (required to run the mission) files.
Attachments
prague2.rar
Updated 03.11.2019
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 263 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:37 am

Does anyone know anyone who can read Czech?

Also, I was thinking that from each location, a small number of civilians and partisans can spawn from locations that have signs, and attack random locations with their stolen weapons.

BTW, the three civilians we encounter have Colt .45s.

I remember an add-on that has chess tables outside that restaurant with the green sign.
Attachments
Picture from Prague #3.png
Picture from Prague #3.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 12008 times
Picture from Prague #2.png
Picture from Prague #2.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 12008 times
Picture from Prague #1.png
Picture from Prague #1.png (855.32 KiB) Viewed 12008 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:09 am

Well, just put those words in Google Translator and you will know what they mean in English language. :roll:

For example "Hostinsky dum" means "Guesthouse" while "Domaci potreby" - "household goods". :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:07 pm

So now i am working on the Greece 1 mission. Changes that i implemented into the the Greece 1 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set to 50%;

-> default SAS jeep model replaced with my edited one (with sitting gunner and other changes).

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:05 pm

>> "Domaci potreby" - "household goods"
In H&D is nearly no german wirting that has no mistakes. xD
"Hausbedrafs", correct Hausbedarf
Like the cranes in norway5 "Für Sieg" is poor grammar, it should be "Für den Sieg" like in english "for the win".
I guess czech wirting should be correct because the game was made in Czech Republic ^^

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Further changes that i implemented into the Greece 1 mission:

-> the enemy sniper on the church tower is now armed with my custom Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle;

-> ladder added, so you will be able to climb up and down and reach the church tower (see picture below);

-> placed wooden planks in the church tower, so you will be able to get back to the ladder and climb down (otherwise the wall is too high to climb over it). See picture below.
Attachments
Wooden planks.JPG
Wooden planks.JPG (83.12 KiB) Viewed 11969 times
ladder added.JPG
ladder added.JPG (73.98 KiB) Viewed 11970 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:42 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:09 am
Well, just put those words in Google Translator and you will know what they mean in English language. :roll:

For example "Hostinsky dum" means "Guesthouse" while "Domaci potreby" - "household goods". :grin:
Hey, I ask as if I am a tourist who was able to actually visit Prague.
I am enjoying the sight-seeing, but know I am working on an appetite. I can't read the signs, and only the illustrations on the signs give me any clue about the purpose of that building.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:10 pm

Further changes that i implemented into the Greece 1 mission:

-> replaced the default sandbags models with my edited ones (just like i did in the previous campaign);

-> removed the MG nest located near the mission start location, since this position was easy to flank (using the riverbed) and too far away from the village anyway - an isolated resistance point.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:20 pm

I agree about the nest nearest to us; realistically, if the Greek Loyalist army attack, the nest stands no chance.

A tiny footbridge or two should be added to give the villagers access to their fields across the river.

P.S. Is that a river? It's definitely not the Mississippi, but it seems to get rather deep for a creek/brook/stream.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:20 pm
A tiny footbridge or two should be added to give the villagers access to their fields across the river.
I added 3 wooden bridges across the river in the Greece 1 mission. See picture below. :cool:

Below i attached the wooden bridge model.
Attachments
Wooden bridges.JPG
Wooden bridges.JPG (156.38 KiB) Viewed 11931 times
models.mod.rar
Wooden bridge model.
(810 Bytes) Downloaded 245 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 pm

I also replaced one of the default MG at the Greece 1 mission village's roadblock with my custom Maxim HMG. See picture below. :cool:

To be continued... ;)
Attachments
Roadblock with Maxim MG.JPG
Roadblock with Maxim MG.JPG (73.64 KiB) Viewed 11925 times