H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Further bad news, well, you were right, the Prague missions were too easy, especially the first. Victor himself said so. He was unhappy, saying he missed the challenge the mission used to be. :sad:
I have some ideas on how to change that. :cool:

There is good news though; he LOVED the Ardennes 2 mission, with all the added wrecks. And he loved driving a Sherman around in Ardennes 3. :mrgreen:

Much to my surprise, he thought the Greece 2 was perfect. He did it much faster than me! :shock:
I thought it was hard, and expected him to complain, but he actually loved it. :mrgreen: thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:10 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Let me say again that the Browning 1919 is an awesome weapon. Thank you! :mrgreen:
Bad news is, is that it's the 1 weapon mission from selection in the last 3 campaigns, the FFF ones. :sad:

Germany 3, I don't remember; did we ever talk about the map? It looks a little weird.

Bad news, the tunnel to the escape point needs a lamppost or something, because it's too dark for those with poor sight to see. Maybe a magic-light, like the yellow one near the exit gate.

Are you able to shrink models? It occurred to me that this factory is supposed to be producing rockets and missiles for the Reich.
Perhaps on top of one of those flatcars, you can place a shrunk V-2 rocket, as there is no model for the Wasserfall guided missile, on top of it, and when it gets shot, it explodes with that extra-large explosion that petroleum-traincars give off when destroyed.

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Wasserfall
http://www.wehrmacht-history.com/luftwa ... issile.htm
The Browning 1919 was not present originally in FFF expansion being replaced by BAR 1918. I could try to add Browning 1919 into FFF inventory list.

I cannot edit the Germany 3 map further. I did the best i could to remove some unwanted objects from it.

The tunnel exit from the Germany 3 mission was dark originally, because all the light sources were destroyed by explosions. The game developers made it this way.

Blowing up a V-2 rocket underground would probably lead to roof collapse and burying our SAS team under rocks. This is not a good idea. Better to leave this mission as it is.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 pm
Further bad news, well, you were right, the Prague missions were too easy, especially the first. Victor himself said so. He was unhappy, saying he missed the challenge the mission used to be. :sad:
LOL. Those missions are one of the hardest in H&D Deluxe. In Prague 1 mission you have enemy snipers. They killed me few times. Play this mission on hard difficulty.

As for the Prague 2 mission you wanted those extra Russian troops. I told you that this will result in less challenging mission. This is not my fault.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:43 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:10 am

Blowing up a V-2 rocket underground would probably lead to roof collapse and burying our SAS team under rocks. This is not a good idea. Better to leave this mission as it is.
Well, yeah, but as the instructor says, all we would have to do then is wait for the rescue teams.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 am
Myron wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 pm
LOL. Those missions are one of the hardest in H&D Deluxe. In Prague 1 mission you have enemy snipers. They killed me few time. Play this mission on hard difficulty.

As for the Prague 2 mission you wanted those extra Russian troops. I told you that this will result in less challenging mission. This is not my fault.
That's why I said "You were right".
No need to rub it in. wink01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:49 am

Well, yeah, but as the instructor says, all we would have to do then is wait for the rescue teams.
LOL. That was a sarcasm... :roll:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 am

OK. I updated the data.dta archive once again.

Beside already implemented changes i added the Browning 1919 into the FFF expansion inventory list, so now this weapon would be available in all 3 FFF campaigns.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 17.01.2018
(560.67 KiB) Downloaded 325 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:38 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:49 am
LOL. That was a sarcasm... :roll:
LOL, I know.

But hey, as SAS, we speak German; all we have to do is cough, and tell them that either Fritz or Shultz lit up a cigarette right next to the rocket, and before we could do anything, the rocket blew up. :mrgreen: It was a terrible accident. :roll:

Anyway, the German SAM (Surface-to-Air Missile) was smaller than the V-2, which is why I was suggesting that you shrink the V-2 model down so that it's small enough to fit comfortably on the flatcar.

Another suggestion would be to add some of those trucks from Danube 3.
In Danube 3, there is a unique Mercedes truck that has trailers carrying those orange metal boxes. When placed on the ground, those boxes are indestructible. But when on a truck or trailer, they explode. It would make sense to have a few of those in a factory.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:50 am

Another suggestion would be to add some of those trucks from Danube 3.
In Danube 3, there is a unique Mercedes truck that has trailers carrying those orange metal boxes. When placed on the ground, those boxes are indestructible. But when on a truck or trailer, they explode. It would make sense to have a few of those in a factory.
In my opinion there are already enough trucks in the Germany 3 mission. You will need to blow them up to fulfill one of the mission's objectives (plus railway cars and locomotive). Adding more trucks means, that i will need to edit the mission's objectives again (which is not easy).

In the final stages of WWII the Third Reich used many underground facilities to produce weapons (i.e. fighters), but as far as i know they divided the production, so Allies had a hard time to find, destroy them and stop the production. So, finding a complete SAM rocket (with fuel) in one place would be a matter of luck.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:12 am

Sottevast was built in France in 1943, and American airborne captured it in 1944 during the Normandy campaign.

It's purpose was to service and launch V-weapons.

Sadly, instead of capturing it like in real life, Company of Heroes 1 has us blow it to hell.

http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Sottevast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDS5ztJhxas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sottevast

http://atlantikwall.org.uk/new_page_51.htm

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:19 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:12 am
Sottevast was built in France in 1943, and American airborne captured it in 1944 during the Normandy campaign.

It's purpose was to service and launch V-weapons.

Sadly, instead of capturing it like in real life, Company of Heroes 1 has us blow it to hell.

http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Sottevast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDS5ztJhxas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sottevast

http://atlantikwall.org.uk/new_page_51.htm
Yeah, they should change the mission objective to capture the facility for further investigation for Allied scientists (would make more sense).

This reminds me a mission from Sniper Elite V2, when the player needed to infiltrate a similar complex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpdhwlc ... 6DC4BC2A88.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:07 pm

I updated the Prague 1 mission again due to the small problem with proper terrain and building connection in one place on the map. I apologize for this.

Thank you Myron for pointing this out. I simply overlooked this.
Attachments
prague1.rar
Updated 31.01.2018
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 318 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:50 am

City of Prague: The Uprising Part 1. (please wait for Part 2 before deciding :oops: )
Unlike in Warsaw, the Soviets have decided to aid the partisans. Well, more accurately, they've decided to take advantage of the situation, as there is an infamous Tiger Ace in this city they don't wish to let escape. And they wish to install communist politicians in the city.

Purple ovals: Is it possible to move the execution from the small park to the square?

1.) Immediately upon our spawning, T-34 #1 crosses the bridge, shoots an escaping Opel Blitz going down the Pink Arrow, and goes to where the blue line ends, to help the escapees and wait for support. Right behind this tank, a group of 5-10 Soviets attack the Germans guarding the Orange Circle, and if any survive, they could try to secure the cathedral.

The Yaks flying in the intro spotted a Tiger Ace in town, located in a strategic spot. Stalin wants this city intact, so destroying it with Yaks, ZiS-3s, Katyushas, or ML-20s is out of the question. And all IS-2s have been sent towards Berlin. The only option left is direct, frontal assault with T-34/85s.

2.) 10 seconds after the Soviets spawn, T-34 #2 spawns and crosses the bridge, and moves to engage the Tiger Ace following the main red line.

3.) 10-20 seconds after T-34 #2 spawns, T-34 #3 follows the main red line, and either breaks off to also engage, (little red line), or proceeds towards the main road, (yellow line), only to get hit by the cannon. (Purple ovals represent the where the cannon might hit them.)

4.) 10-20 seconds after T-34 #3, T-34 #4 follows the green line, and either dies by the cannon, or moves to engage the Tiger Ace, (short red line)

Being an Ace, the Tiger should have a slightly longer sight range than the T-34s.

P.S. I know this isn't Kursk, but hey, the USSR had over 55,000 T-34s to throw away.
Attachments
Picture from Prague #6.png
Picture from Prague #6.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 18332 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 am

City of Prague Part 2

Yellow line: In a desperate attempt to save their comrades from execution, partisans driving a stolen halftrack will follow the yellow line, though the cannon might take them out. Following picture has Polish Partisans driving stolen halftrack.
In the vanilla game, the cannon is not much of a threat like the instructor says it is. :roll:

The hill should be heavily guarded, a fortress, as the 3rd Reich is retreating/evacuating from Prague.

Red circles and ovals, please place Germans here, with snipers and/or MG-34s, and/or Stg44s. And possibly a panzerfaust or two. ;)

Blue line across the street: partisans with pistols, non-scoped rifles, and/or MP40s will serve as a diversion.
Red lines across from them will have Germans, armed with snipers and MG-34s, and Stg44s. And possibly a panzerfaust or two. :mrgreen:

Green arrow is optional; a 5th T-34 rolls down this road, and it might be able to provide some help.

Red Arrow: Those 3 gray-helmet Germans, Victor misses them, since they were the only Germans with helmets on the map. :cry:

Blue line arrow: a large band of Soviets, spawning from the bridge, launch an attack on the hill.

What do you think? Thank you in advance for the feedback! thup01
Attachments
Picture from Prague #7.png
Picture from Prague #7.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 18330 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 am

If partisans could do it in Warsaw, they can do it in Prague. :mrgreen:
Attachments
1280px-Warsaw_Uprising_-_Captured_SdKfz_251_(1944).jpg
1280px-Warsaw_Uprising_-_Captured_SdKfz_251_(1944).jpg (140.03 KiB) Viewed 18330 times