H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:29 am

...Holy crap... You actually did it!! I didn't think such a thing was possible!

I will miss those Germans playing rock-paper-scissors on the bridge, and the Germans running around there.

Still, I just can't believe it; I really thought that the "Mission Picture" was unchangeable. I laugh at how wrong I was! funny02 Congratulations! thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:29 am
...Holy crap... You actually did it!! I didn't think such a thing was possible!

I will miss those Germans playing rock-paper-scissors on the bridge, and the Germans running around there.

Still, I just can't believe it; I really thought that the "Mission Picture" was unchangeable. I laugh at how wrong I was! funny02 Congratulations! thup01

Thank you Myron for the appreciaton of my modding work and effort! thup01

I took me some time to take, edit and implement those new custom Danube 3 mission's pictures into H&D Deluxe. ;)
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 am

Now, the question is, does the gunner still face the gate when he mans the turret?

By the way, I was not joking; if you look closely at those two Germans on the bridge in the original picture, don't they look like they are playing rock-paper-scissors?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 am
Now, the question is, does the gunner still face the gate when he mans the turret?

Well, probably yes, but this need to be checked - i didn't have enough free time to do this. I was busy with other things.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:53 pm

OK Myron. My updated Danube 3 mission is ready for testing! I am uploading it here, below this post. thup01

Beside previously implemented changes i made the small footbridge near the bridge destroyable as you requested (it could be blow up using the tank's cannon). :cool:

You will need to download the models.mod.rar archive (it contains the new destroyable footbridge model) and extract the models.mod folder from that archive to your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing models.mod folder when asked.

To be able to see the new Danube 3 mission's pictures you will need to perform the following steps:

1) Remove the default -d3.png and -d3_bw.png images from the maps.dta archive (both images are located in the "gamemenu" sub-folder of the maps.dta archive) found in your H&D Deluxe data directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data). Remember to make a backup of the maps.dta archive in case of any trouble;

2) Download the maps.mod.rar archive (it contains the new Danube 3 mission's pictures) and extract the maps.mod folder from that archive to your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing maps.mod folder when asked.

Please Myron test this mission for me, because i don't have enough free time at the moment to test it myself. Thank you in advance! Feedback will be appreciated!
Attachments
danube3.rar
Updated 22.04.2018
(872.1 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
models.mod.rar
Contains the new destroyable footbridge model.
(20.79 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
maps.mod.rar
Contains the new Danube 3 mission's pictures.
(513.23 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:09 pm

I managed to fix some of the bugs that you mentioned in your PM Myron regarding my latest Danube 3 mission update (marked as "Updated 22.04.2018").

I edited the default Panzer IV model using 3ds Max, so the SAS driver and SAS gunner are no more visible (vulnerable to enemy small arms fire) while using the tank. :cool:

I also managed to edit the default Panzer IV gunner position, so now the gunner will face the iron lock enabling the player to destroy it using the tank's cannon. thup01

See picture below.

In addition the gunboat is now immune to damage delivered from small arms (like rifles and submachine-guns) except for the light- and fixed-machine guns.

I am currently running some tests to find any serious bugs and to balance the gameplay. I will upload the next Danube 3 mission update (plus all necessary files) as soon as i finish those tasks. Stay tuned! ;)
Attachments
PZ IV on the bridge.JPG
PZ IV used by SAS to wreck havoc among enemies.
PZ IV on the bridge.JPG (82.03 KiB) Viewed 16267 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:21 pm

I implemented today few additional changes into the Danube 3 mission:

-> PZ IV tank re-positioned closer to the center of the bridge (see picture below);

-> guard tower placed close to the river with a single enemy soldier armed with Mauser K98 non-scoped rifle (see picture below);

-> removed a single static collision volume from the "open roof" of the armored wagon (the player should be able to throw a grenade from above and kill at least one of the MG operator while shooting from the bridge above him);

-> optimized walking routes of enemy patrols;

-> "restored" the bullet-proof shield on the gunboat;

-> increased the gunboat's resistance to damage (now the gunboat is immune to all small arms and machine-guns fire).

Feedback will be appreciated! :grin:

If you Myron have any proposals for changes please inform me accordingly.
Attachments
Guard tower added.JPG
Guard tower added.JPG (80.3 KiB) Viewed 16257 times
re-positioned PZ IV tank.JPG
re-positioned PZ IV tank.JPG (67.26 KiB) Viewed 16257 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:50 pm

I implemented today (25.04.2018) few additional changes into the Danube 3 mission:

-> added sandbags (single German soldier armed with Mauser K98 non-scoped rifle will spawn from the nearby guard house and run towards the sandbags as soon as the shooting starts - see picture below);

-> added a defensive position that consists of a guard house, sandbags and field gun (single German soldier will spawn from that guard house and run to occupy the field gun as soon as the shooting starts - see picture below);

-> optimized casting and receiving shadows by various objects (models);

-> removed 2 enemy snipers from the "water tower" (there are already additional German troops added on the map to fill the gap);

-> 2 "chasing halftracks" replaced with a slightly modified models with bullet-proof MG shields (killing the MG operators from distance was way too easy);

-> tactical map updated.

Feedback will be appreciated! :grin:
Attachments
New defensive position.JPG
New defensive position.JPG (91.01 KiB) Viewed 16244 times
Sandbags added.JPG
Sandbags added.JPG (66.86 KiB) Viewed 16244 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:26 am

Soo... have you updated the map for me to test?

Where is the download button?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:02 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:26 am

Well, i sent you a PM - did you read it or not? :roll:

The newest Danube 3 mission update is not ready yet - please be patient! I will still need to check few things. I will upload the newest Danube 3 mission update as soon as i can - i am currently busy with other matters than H&D Deluxe modding...

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:50 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:02 am
Myron wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:26 am

Well, i sent you a PM - did you read it or not? :roll:

The newest Danube 3 mission update is not ready yet - please be patient! I will still need to check few things. I will upload the newest Danube 3 mission update as soon as i can - i am currently busy with other matters than H&D Deluxe modding...
I misread your PM. Sometimes I read too fast, and get the wrong idea. I apologize.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 pm

I implemented today (26.04.2018) few additional changes into the Danube 3 mission:

-> second guard tower added (with mounted MG that will be manned by a single German soldier that will spawn from a nearby guard house as soon as the shooting starts - see picture below);

-> sandbags added near one of the Zelezna Vrata complex entrances (see picture below);

-> added 3 German troops armed with Mauser K98 non-scoped rifles that will spawn from 3 black barracks buildings placed close to each other as soon as the shooting starts (the spawned soldiers will occupy 3 different positions in the complex).

I think, that i will not implement any more changes despite the ones that i already implemented (unless serious bugs will be found). Now it's time for me to finally upload the newest Danube 3 mission with all needed files here on H&D forums - i will do this really soon, i promise. I have to go to sleep, see you later Myron! sleep01
Attachments
New guard tower.JPG
New guard tower.JPG (84.75 KiB) Viewed 16221 times
Sandbags near entrance.JPG
Sandbags near entrance.JPG (72.02 KiB) Viewed 16221 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:59 am

Why does Tower 2 get an MG but not Tower 1?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:35 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:59 am
Why does Tower 2 get an MG but not Tower 1?
I will place an mg on the tower 1 too. You are right.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 am

OK Myron, below this post i uploaded the newest Danube 3 mission update. thup01

You will also need to download the models.mod.rar and maps.mod.rar archives. Extract the models.mod and maps.mod folders from that archives into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing models.mod and maps.mod folders when asked.

Please test the mission and give me some feedback!

EDIT: P.S. I edited today all the mounted MGs in the Danube 3 mission, so now they should be more accurate (smaller scatter of shots). Please download (attached below this post) the updated Danube 3 mission again (marked as "Updated 27.04.2018 - updated MGs").
Attachments
danube3.rar
Updated 27.04.2018 - updated MGs
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 291 times
maps.mod.rar
(288.14 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
models.mod.rar
(81.31 KiB) Downloaded 268 times