H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:23 am

Following the recent feedback from foo_jam2002 from the ModDB community and my own testing i decided to update again the missions listed below:

Danube 1

-> small bugs fixed;

-> adjusted static collisions of terrain and various objects like trees, forest, etc;

-> optimized the checkpoint grid used by AI to navigate;

-> made the hill between the first and second guard house more accessible. I made the hilly area (forest) located on the right of the railway bridge accessible too. Now, it should be easier to destroy the armored car that guards the mission extraction point.

Danube 5

-> small bugs fixed;

-> adjusted static collisions of terrain and various objects like trees, forest, etc;

-> improved the forest that surrounds the mission area (now the texture is two-sided - making the forest model / visual looking more realistic).

Germany 4, Germany 5 and Germany 6

-> small bugs fixed;

-> improved the forest that surrounds the mission area (now the texture is two-sided - making the forest model / visual looking more realistic);

-> increased the fuel and ammo capacity of the player's halftrack according to this article: https://panzerworld.com/sd-kfz-251.

Unpack the content of the missions.rar archive (missions folder) into your root H&D Deluxe directory i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe. Replace files when asked to. This update is only compatible with my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod.

I would like to make as many missions updates as possible (if necessary) before i release another H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod update on ModDB. thup01
Attachments
missions.rar
14.04.2021 - updated campaign missions.
(5.98 MiB) Downloaded 383 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:01 pm

Today i updated the following missions due to the new MG-34 and Browning M1919A6 models, that i added into my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod:

Danube 5

-> instead of weapon crates in the barn i placed 2 light machine guns instead: MG-34 and Breda 30. Now it will be easier for the player to quickly pickup the needed weapon to defend against incoming enemy attack.

Germany 2

-> replaced the older MG-34 model in one of the villa rooms with a new one.

Germany 6

-> removed the crate with Browning M1919A6 from the pier. I placed there a Bren LMG instead. You will have a possibility to equip the Browning M1919A6 in the Ardenes, Czechoslovakia and Greece campaigns though.

Norway 4 and Norway 5

-> somehow i overlooked to replace the default ZB-26 models with new custom ones. I fixed that.

-> replaced the older MG-34 model in one of the command bunker rooms with a new one.

Greece 4

-> replaced the older MG-34 model in one of the complex rooms with a new one.

Please download the missions.rar archive attached below and unpack its content to your H&D Deluxe root install directory. Replace files when asked.

Don't forget to download and unpack the new MG-34 and Browning M1919A6 weapon files first! Check the H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns topic.

Enjoy!
Attachments
missions.rar
17.04.2021 - updated campaign missions.
(6.05 MiB) Downloaded 389 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:56 am

I take it, the SAS have no say in what weapons they are provided? I'm pretty sure that they would have said they prefer the Browning M1 over the Bren Gun. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, thanks for the updates.
LOL, though now, I must restart and scrap my Danube 1 and 2 mission feedback messages. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:18 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:56 am
I take it, the SAS have no say in what weapons they are provided? I'm pretty sure that they would have said they prefer the Browning M1 over the Bren Gun. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, thanks for the updates.
LOL, though now, I must restart and scrap my Danube 1 and 2 mission feedback messages. :)
That is not entirely my point - i mean the Browning M1919A6 wasn't also available historically at the time of the H&D Deluxe campaign in Germany, if that makes sense to you. I know, that H&D Deluxe is not a simulator game like ARMA, but still i would prefer the SAS to use weapons that they were more likely to use in real life at that time.

Speaking of the H&D Deluxe campaign in Germany: today i re-tested again the Germany 6 mission (i know, i know lots of missions changes recently - sorry for that).

Anyway, here are the latest Germany 6 mission changes:

-> removed some trees and other obstacles;

-> decreased the range from which the Panzer IV gunners will open fire at the player and his team;

-> decreased the range from which the soldiers armed with Panzerfausts will open fire at the player and his team;

-> slightly re-positioned the Vickers HMG in the fisherman's hut, so it will be actually easier to climb up the stairs to use it;

-> added 2 more anti-tank mines to the pier;

-> added one extra Bren LMG with 150 rounds to the pier;

-> the Bazooka on the pier has now 4 rockets.

All those changes above were made to make the Germany 6 mission less frustrating to play on the Hard difficulty. As i said before, i would like to make as many missions changes as possible, before i release another H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod update on ModDB.
Attachments
germany6.rar
Updated 19.04.2021
(762.81 KiB) Downloaded 381 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:05 am

-> decreased the range from which the soldiers armed with Panzerfausts will open fire at the player and his team;

There are men armed with panzerfausts in Germany 6?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:01 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:05 am

There are men armed with panzerfausts in Germany 6?
Yes, there are in my recent modified version. Exactly 3 German soldiers in the first wave.

Their purpose is to "scout ahead" of tanks and the rest of incoming infantry in order to clear the path for the main attacking force. If you don't kill them soon enough, they could deal a lot of damage to your squad.

The next wave is 2 Panzer IV tanks supported shortly by the rest of the infantry.

P.S. I am still experimenting with equipping German infantry in the Germany 6 mission with different weapons for balance purposes. In total there are about 64 foot soldiers, so about 5 platoons. Historically each Wehrmacht infantry platoon in full squad consisted of NCO (armed with MP-40), machine-gunner (MG-34 / MG-42) and the rest of the platoon were armed typically with Mauser K98 rifles. I will test this configuration shortly and see the outcome.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am

So, i implemented the changes mentioned in my previous post about how a "typical Wehrmacht infantry squad" consisted of (or at least should according to the Wehrmacht military organization / doctrine) into my modified Germany 6 mission.

I tested this update a while ago on the hard difficulty. Interesting, you should check yourself too Myron. I managed to complete the mission with at least half of my 4-men SAS squad alive. Maybe you will do better, lol. ;)
Attachments
germany6.rar
Updated 20.04.2021
(757.59 KiB) Downloaded 353 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 pm

I was disappointed with my previous attempt to beat the Germany 6 mission on the Hard difficulty, so i made further changes:

-> re-positioned the Vickers MG from the fisherman's cabin terrace and i placed it behind the wooden logs (in similar spot where the original machine-gun was);

-> added another Vickers MG in the building near the wooden pier with resources (Brens, anti-tank mines and Bazooka) - in similar spot where the original machine-gun was;

-> small bugs fixed, etc.

The outcome of the Germany 6 mission after i implemented the changes listed above:

-> all enemies killed without a single commando being killed or even slightly wounded. :mrgreen:

The tactic that i was using:

-> I let the AI to do all the shooting for me. I only placed anti-tank mines in appropriate spots (i took mines from the pier), equipped 3 commandos with Bren LMG (i took 2 Brens from the pier and the third one was added earlier by me in the pre-mission inventory selection screen) and placed the fourth commando to occupy the Vickers MG near the fisherman's cabin. I divided my men into 2 teams: one team armed with Bren was laying on the fisherman's cabin terrace while the second team (one guy armed with Bren and the other using Vickers MG) were just next to it.

See pictures below.

Please unpack the content of the Germany6.rar archive (missions and models.mod folders) into your H&D Deluxe root install directory. Replace files when asked to. I hope, that this will be my last Germany 6 mission update for quite some time, because i got a little bored with constantly editing and testing the same mission again and again, lol. ;)
Attachments
Germany6.rar
Updated 22.04.2021
(761.75 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Picture from Weisstahl lake #2.png
Picture from Weisstahl lake #2.png (813.41 KiB) Viewed 24780 times
Picture from Weisstahl lake #1.png
Picture from Weisstahl lake #1.png (950.77 KiB) Viewed 24780 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat May 01, 2021 11:29 am

Replaying,
Danube 1, my latest feedback,

As this is a road-map, and since vehicles are underused by enemy forces, I still think a Mercedes truck with 4 or 5 men on it should spawn at the South-East end of the map, and drive down the till it reaches the cabin near the red cross. Naturally, I think the partisan there should try to stop it.
His weapon, the Carcano, could be replaced with a DP-28. :grin:

The German/Italian on the truck's back, facing him, will likewise be armed with an automatic weapon.

Everything else, seems to work just fine. No bugs detected.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed May 19, 2021 8:27 pm

I'm back. Sorry I was quiet for so long. First I got hacked, and then my colleague decided to have another vacation.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed May 19, 2021 8:39 pm

Danube 2, still testing.
Hmm, my disguise doesn't seem to last very long. My cover gets blown if an enemy has me in his sight for more than 4 seconds.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Are you Myron aware that meanwhile i updated the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod to 1.7 version on ModDB? Lots of changes. You should check it if you like and have some free time to spare. ;)

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed May 19, 2021 11:35 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:17 pm
Are you Myron aware that meanwhile i updated the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod to 1.7 version on ModDB? Lots of changes. You should check it if you like and have some free time to spare. ;)
Um, you did leave in the older version, and just uploaded the new version in, right? :shock:
You didn't simply edit the 1.6 to the 1.7?

The reason I ask is because I don't think your subscribers would be notified if you did the edit route.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:06 am

Myron wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 11:35 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:17 pm
Um, you did leave in the older version, and just uploaded the new version in, right? :shock:
You didn't simply edit the 1.6 to the 1.7?

The reason I ask is because I don't think your subscribers would be notified if you did the edit route.
Yes, I did the "edit route". The 1.7 version is the newest version up-to-date and the older mod versions are not available anymore for download as a separate files - as far as i know.

There is only 1 file available for download. It is a standalone / full version that incorporates all the previous mod versions unless the mod's description / changelog / readme stated otherwise.

As for ModDB notifications - i received one almost immediately after i updated my mod, so why would others subscribers not get it? That doesn't make sense.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu May 20, 2021 9:11 am

Hmm, weird.

Still, the edit route means that the comments from the older versions are still there, and thus are outdated. Outdated comments can be a problem.