H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:18 am

I think an AI simply drops the dynamite, at 15 seconds, and then he must be programmed to run away. :-? Still, I think it would be easier for you than making the tanks drivable, if you don't want to do it. I'm cool. :cool:

The two men with the cunt-caps inside the building could be the officer's guards, and they be reposted just outside the entrance. :cool:

LOL, that's what I meant; is it possible to have more explosions happen in the map, and have them destroy stuff that is more important than just a few flak-88s and 20mm-quad-cannons? They missed the locomotives and tanks entirely. :mad:

Still, even a professional sniper can't recharge a bolt-action rifle in 1/2 of 1 second. funny02 The only way he could shoot as fast as he can is if we pretend he had a G-43 sniper-rifle. nods01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:26 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:18 am
I think an AI simply drops the dynamite, at 15 seconds, and then he must be programmed to run away. :-? Still, I think it would be easier for you than making the tanks drivable, if you don't want to do it. I'm cool. :cool:

The two men with the cunt-caps inside the building could be the officer's guards, and they be reposted just outside the entrance. :cool:

LOL, that's what I meant; is it possible to have more explosions happen in the map, and have them destroy stuff that is more important than just a few flak-88s and 20mm-quad-cannons? They missed the locomotives and tanks entirely. :mad:

Still, even a professional sniper can't recharge a bolt-action rifle in 1/2 of 1 second. funny02 The only way he could shoot as fast as he can is if we pretend he had a G-43 sniper-rifle. nods01

"Easier' is not a right word - in both cases this will be hard. I never encountered a drivable PZ IV tank in stock H&D Deluxe. Why are you so obsessed with the possibility of driving a stolen PZ IV tank in this mission? I could add such possibility in later missions. I would like to proceed to Italy4.

I added a guard that is patrolling the area outside of the main railway station building. If i place those 2 Germans outside, they could accidentally shot this patrolling guard when they spot the player team.

The "bombing raid" occurs at the end of the mission and the player cannot actually see the damage done by "bombs", because as soon as the siren sound starts the mission is over, lol. So, maybe the "bombs" actually hit something important? Who knows?

About the sniper: i have no idea, maybe the "shoot delay value" for the Mauser K98 sniper rifle in the game is set too low, so it could be reloaded way too fast. I could check that.

EDIT: The shot delay value for K98 sniper is set to 1200 and for standard K98 Mauser (taken from FFF expansion) to 1500.

I tested my modified italy3 mission and i found few bugs related to enemy soldiers behavior. I will re-upload this mission as soon as i fix those bugs.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:37 am

Because in the Normandy Add-On, the final mission, there is a Panther roaming around, murdering the Americans and their Shermans. :twisted:
It has a huge amount of health.
A panzerfaust can't kill it.
I managed to sneak to the other side of the map, and found a Panzer IV, it worked, but it's cannon shot all-powerful bullets instead of tank rounds. It killed the Panther, but wasn't as much fun. Also, like with the tiger, the driver's head sticks out. no_03

Plus, I want to take my brothers by surprise, and shock them with my stolen tank. If it's too hard, then fine, forget it. The partisan idea sounds fun though... :roll:

LOL, but my brothers and I like to stay near the building, safe from the bombing raid, and were disappointed by where the bombs landed. It was then that I made it a habit of blowing up the tanks myself.
But I figured, hey, there are anti-Mussolini partisans in this area, why not give them a job? :cool:

Adding an officer to the main building was inspired by the Yugoslavia add-on, where you must assassinate three officers in that same building, in the same map. If it's a bad idea, then forget it. ;)

Wow, so that really is an Ace Sniper! funny02
He must have been demoted to be forced to guard a lousy oil refinery. tongue01

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:38 am

I will test tomorrow; it's 4:39 am right now for me, and I must sleep. sleep01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:00 pm

OK no problem. Good night.

Meanwhile i fixed some bugs in the italy3 mission. thup01

Please download and test it later! Any feedback will be appreciated! :grin:
Attachments
italy3.rar
(687.54 KiB) Downloaded 746 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Bad news, the instant the game starts, my men fall through the ground, and into the black abyss, along with, (according the enemies killed counter), about a 1,000 Germans.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:55 pm
Bad news, the instant the game starts, my men fall through the ground, and into the black abyss, along with, (according the enemies killed counter), about a 1,000 Germans.
Very strange. I have no problems. Seems like the collision problem. I will check that again. Currently i am not in home. Maybe there are some missing models.

Download my models. rar archive that i posted in this thread (page 2) and place in your main HD Deluxe directory. Maybe this will help. Please let me know.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Did you finally manage to launch the edited Italy3 mission or not?

I am playing it without problems so far. See the picture below.

I am quite satisfied with my modding results - especially for those 2 snipers on the water tower, which previously behaved strange. Now they hold their positions and observe assigned area, like i ordered them to do in the HD editor.

The searchlights no longer serve as an extra machine-gun.

Every end of the railway station is now patrolled by at least 1 guard, so you cannot reach the main railway station building unnoticed.

Almost all mission area is under enemy observation (patrols, MGs, snipers and stationary guards), so trying to force you way through will end badly.
Attachments
Italy3 edited.JPG
Italy3 edited.JPG (68.06 KiB) Viewed 69938 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Downloading Models.rar did the trick. Now, I am going to try it.

LOL, we never could do anything "unnoticed". It's a joke in my family that the instructor is "full of crap".

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:06 pm
Downloading Models.rar did the trick. Now, I am going to try it.

LOL, we never could do anything "unnoticed". It's a joke in my family that the instructor is "full of crap".

Just as i thought - there were some missing models from the game in your case.

The word "unnoticed" in H&D Deluxe is used way too often, lol.

I suggest, that in the future you will do all the testing of my modified stock missions, while i will do all the modding stuff - this way it will speed up the work.

I hope, that you like my changes in this mission - if so, please write the proposed changes for the last mission in the stock Italian campaign (italy4), because i want to go sleep. :grin:

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:02 pm

He also uses "undetected" and "unobserved"; yep, stealth has little-to-no meaning in this game. But that's ok, as it's an old game. :cool:

Just got done with Italy 3.
Wow, the place is heavily guarded; security is tight; they must fear Partisan sabotage. :shock:
Sadly, the Panzer IVs are these gray/pale silhouettes. Only when I destroy them do they look like real tanks. :cry:

Why do you suggest that? I thought that is what we've already been doing; you, do the modding and I, the thorough testing. thup01

As for Italy 4, the only things I can think of is adding a foot-bridge that can cross the water. In the classical game, the water was shallow enough to cross, but in Deluxe, you drown.
Also, there should be some partisans, snipers, harassing the enemy on the other side of the bridge. I can't think of any other changes. I did notice that in the picture of Italy 4, the two armored cars and the POW cattle-car are closer to the locomotive. Weird, no?

Are you ok with the uniforms changing from helmets to berets from Italy 1 to 2 and 3?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:02 pm
He also uses "undetected" and "unobserved"; yep, stealth has little-to-no meaning in this game. But that's ok, as it's an old game. :cool:

Just got done with Italy 3.
Wow, the place is heavily guarded; security is tight; they must fear Partisan sabotage. :shock:
Sadly, the Panzer IVs are these gray/pale silhouettes. Only when I destroy them do they look like real tanks. :cry:

Why do you suggest that? I thought that is what we've already been doing; you, do the modding and I, the thorough testing. thup01

As for Italy 4, the only things I can think of is adding a foot-bridge that can cross the water. In the classical game, the water was shallow enough to cross, but in Deluxe, you drown.
Also, there should be some partisans, snipers, harassing the enemy on the other side of the bridge. I can't think of any other changes. I did notice that in the picture of Italy 4, the two armored cars and the POW cattle-car are closer to the locomotive. Weird, no?

Are you ok with the uniforms changing from helmets to berets from Italy 1 to 2 and 3?

There are simply missing textures for the PZ IV model in your H&D Deluxe. Please download the PZ IV re-texture mod and add the new textures into your maps.dta archive. All the H&D Deluxe textures are stored inside the maps.dta archive. The re-texture mod uses a new PZ IV model, rather than replacing the stock one. I just replaced the stock PZ IV model in Italy3 mission with the new one long time ago and i forgot about it - sorry about that. There is also a readme in the mod archive. If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask!

I didn't came across any foot bridge model, that could be used in italy4 mission. Pontoon bridge from FFF expansion would look stupid (with winter texture on it).

Well, i could think about adding some partisans into Italy4 mission. However, most important would be to change enemy soldiers weapons ID to match the modified data.dta archive.

I am OK with SAS uniform changes, however i care more about enemy uniforms look - to be as realistic as possible.

If you manage to "restore" the PZ IV model textures please let me know!
Attachments
pziv_europelatecamo.rar
(186.52 KiB) Downloaded 759 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Well, Yugoslavia 4 has a foot bridge.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:31 pm
Well, Yugoslavia 4 has a foot bridge.

Yes indeed, but this bridge is too short for the river in the Italy4 mission. Moreover, this bridge is actually only a "visual" - it will require some work to transform it into usable model using 3ds Max. Such small bridge will look silly on such big river, don't you think? :grin:

As for adding partisans - i already added few additional enemy snipers and i see no place where the partisans could start an attack not being massacred at the very beginning. Beside that, there are 3 armored cars with MG by default. See the pictures below.
Attachments
enemy snipers 2.JPG
enemy snipers 2.JPG (100.34 KiB) Viewed 69911 times
enemy snipers.JPG
enemy snipers.JPG (104.5 KiB) Viewed 69914 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:00 am

It is almost 2 a.m. in Poland, so i will go to sleep. I will continue the work on italy4 mission tomorrow. Good night. sleep01