H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:07 pm

OK Myron. After your latest PM i implemented further changes / bug fixes into the Ardenes 1 mission:

-> removed 4 AT-mines and dynamite trap from the main road;

-> changed and re-positioned the static collision of the river - so now the player will drown in it upon entering;

-> slightly increased the size of the shed with Kubelwagen;

-> removed the MG from the tower close to the pier. Now the German soldier on the tower is armed with Mauser K98 and his behavior towards player and his team is appropriate (not like when he used the MG).

-> in order to remove the unwanted cutscene that played after you complete the Ardenes 1 mission delete the "aftergame_23" folder from the cinematic folder located inside your H&D Deluxe missions folder (see picture below).

Below i posted my newest Ardenes 1 mission update with all the changes listed above.
Attachments
cinematic subfolder.JPG
cinematic subfolder.JPG (57.46 KiB) Viewed 11068 times
ardenes1.rar
Updated 23.10.2019
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 282 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:29 am

I don't remember a cutscene in ardenes? Isn't aftergame_23 the cutscene after Poland1?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 am

NilsZ wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:29 am
I don't remember a cutscene in ardenes? Isn't aftergame_23 the cutscene after Poland1?
The cutscene after Poland 1 in my mod is inside the aftergame_21 folder. Once i changed the default campaign order according to the timeline, so maybe the unwanted cutscene after Ardenes 1 was a leftover. Not a serious problem after all - only the aftergame_23 folder must be deleted.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:51 pm

Further changes that i implemented into the Ardenes 3 mission:

-> replaced the Tiger tank from the attacking German reinforcements to Panther tank - since the Tiger was too slow for that purpose;

-> increased the speed of the attacking Panther tanks (to the same speed as the Panther tanks from my modified Germany 5 mission).

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:42 am

Why not simply speed up the Tiger for this one particular mission? It would be a pity to lose it. But then again, there weren't many made.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:42 am
Why not simply speed up the Tiger for this one particular mission? It would be a pity to lose it. But then again, there weren't many made.
The Tiger was too slow - i remember that i waited for it to arrive at the warehouse for ages.

I also replaced the default Sherman tank model parked near the Stug 3 to my edited model.

I also increased the enemy soldiers reaction skill, because the instructor mentioned that the enemy paratroopers "are better in many ways than us" (whatever that means, lol).

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:38 am

I think it's because the stereotypical fallschirmjäger is armed with FG-42 and the SAS carries a sten-gun. Eh, who knows?

They also outnumber us, and have access to armor, whereas we have a jeep. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:34 am

OK Myron. So below i uploaded once again my modified Ardenes 1, Ardenes 2 and Ardenes 3 missions - i replaced the default SAS winter uniforms with my edited one.
Attachments
ardenes3.rar
Updated 27.10.2019
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 261 times
ardenes2.rar
Updated 27.10.2019
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
ardenes1.rar
Updated 27.10.2019
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 267 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:09 pm

So now i am looking into the Prague 1 mission. Changes that i implemented into the Prague 1 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set to 50%;

-> removed the sound of ringing bells, since there are enemy snipers inside both cathedral's campaniles;

-> removed attacking Russians, except of the T-34 that will try to drive into the cathedral's square (as a scout unit). According to the video briefing the Russian controlled part of the city is located on the other side of the river;

-> replaced the default field gun on the hill with my custom PAK 40 AT-gun (see picture below); :cool:

-> restored vehicle wrecks and smoke effects on the bridge (see picture below);

-> added voice from a megaphone (taken from the Czechoslovak campaign intro movie) that will play when the player gets close to the bridge. Russians speak in German language to get the German soldiers in Prague to surrender. Please download the sounds.mod.rar archive.
Attachments
sounds.mod.rar
Megaphone speach on the bridge.
(283.97 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
PAK 40 on the hill.JPG
PAK 40 on the hill.JPG (64.36 KiB) Viewed 10952 times
Russian outpost.JPG
Russian outpost.JPG (88.34 KiB) Viewed 10955 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:58 am

If you can get your hands on a ZiS-3 model, you should place two on the bridge, to justify the smoking tank and halftrack wrecks.

Oh dear, is the Pak-40 "flexible" enough to fire on the city? According to the instructions, it poses a deadly threat to anyone trying to cross the square. The leFH 18 howitzer model could at least aim down.

You have a good point about the bells; it would make those snipers deaf, and insane.
Still, it would be a shame to lose the bell-sounds, as they proper for the fact that the city's residents are in distress. And they remind war-movie buffs of the The Longest Day.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:30 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:58 am
If you can get your hands on a ZiS-3 model, you should place two on the bridge, to justify the smoking tank and halftrack wrecks.

Oh dear, is the Pak-40 "flexible" enough to fire on the city? According to the instructions, it poses a deadly threat to anyone trying to cross the square. The leFH 18 howitzer model could at least aim down.
Well, maybe the vehicles on the bridge were destroyed by Russian fighters (i.e. those seen in the campaign's intro).

I will test the behavior of the Pak 40 that i placed on the hill - it should work as intended. I thought about anti-tank gun rather than howitzer, because Russian tanks posed a big threat to Germans at the end of WW2. It actually took me lots of time to make the PAK 40 gun workable in H&D Deluxe.

Today i came across a free, good looking, 3d model of the German 105 mm howitzer (see picture below), but i cannot guarantee you Myron that it will be usable in H&D Deluxe. If so, it will require lots of additional editing...
Attachments
German howitzer.JPG
German howitzer.JPG (50.75 KiB) Viewed 10924 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:20 pm

Further changes that i implemented into the Prague 1 mission:

-> re-positioned some enemy troops around the city;

-> optimized the guard areas assigned for enemy snipers - now they should be more efficient in covering strategic locations in the city;

-> booby-trapped (mined) some pile of rubble on the city streets - so watch out where you step;

-> now reaching the other end of the bridge (the Russian zone of the city) will result in a mission failure;

-> transformed some debris on one of the streets into usable model that i put in some places in the city. Please download the attached models.mod.rar archive;

-> re-organized the German defense at the hill: added sandbags, barbed wire, Flak 20mm AA-gun at the top. See picture below; :cool:

-> added missing "door opening sound" to metal gates at the hill leading to the tenements;

-> made the area behind the gate shown on the picture accessible (the gate could be now open). :cool:
Attachments
usable gate.JPG
usable gate.JPG (92.88 KiB) Viewed 10890 times
Hill defense.JPG
Hill defense.JPG (72.77 KiB) Viewed 10905 times
models.mod.rar
Debris model.
(818 Bytes) Downloaded 246 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Next changes made to the Prague 1 mission:

-> added some missing wooden doors to some tenements on the hill (see picture below);

-> added a missing ladder, so you will be able to access the destroyed building seen on the picture; :cool:

-> added custom Katiusha rocket launcher model on the other side of the bridge. I posted the model and related textures in the "H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles" thread (last post). :cool:

Please download the models.mod.rar archive that contains the wooden doors and the ladder models.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Wooden doors and ladder models.
(887 Bytes) Downloaded 228 times
ladder added.JPG
ladder added.JPG (68.42 KiB) Viewed 10885 times
missing doors added.JPG
missing doors added.JPG (91.04 KiB) Viewed 10888 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:17 am

LOL, when I speed-scrolled down to the bottom, I almost thought you somehow added the room show in the campaign intro.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:18 pm

Meanwhile i tested my modified Prague 1 mission.

You were afraid Myron that the custom PAK 40 AT-gun that i placed on the hill would not be effective in defending the square. Well, each time when i tried a frontal assault on the hill the cannon opened fire and killed my SAS commando. :cool:

After i killed the German gunner i was able to use the PAK 40 AT-gun too (see picture below). :cool:

Moreover i destroyed it with time-bomb (like seen on the pictures below). :cool:

Still i need to implement few other changes before i will upload the Prague 1 mission here on H&D forums.
Attachments
Destroyed PAK 40 model.png
Destroyed PAK 40 model.png (576.76 KiB) Viewed 10824 times
Time-bomb planted.png
Time-bomb planted.png (512.28 KiB) Viewed 10824 times
Usable PAK 40 cannon.png
Usable PAK 40 cannon.png (617.19 KiB) Viewed 10824 times