H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:16 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:38 am

Next to the trolley, you should have a Pak and MG facing the bridge; the bridge is bound to be where the Soviets will attack from, so it's silly that the Germans have no defenses against that.

Where on the map is the second pic?
The German defense is concentrated closer to the cathedral square, where they will have greater chances to repel Russian attack (with the fortified hill overlooking the square). Germans withdrew from the street leading to the bridge - i will try to depict that. Still work in progress.

The new roadblock is placed close to the mission start location - on the same street.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Like i promised here are further changes that i implemented into the Prague 1 mission:

-> added 2 civilian insurgents at the new roadblock (see picture below);

-> added few sandbags near the burned tram, so the tanks will not pass (this was the main purpose for placing the roadblocks during the Prague uprising). See picture below;

-> added abandoned Stug III assault gun on one of the Prague streets (see picture below);

-> placed 2 killed German soldiers near the Stug III;

-> added a German soldier with Panzerfaust to the crater defense;

-> the T-34 tank driver is equipped now with my custom PPS-43 SMG. You could acquire the weapon from his dead body (Tiger tank in the shop window will destroy the T-34).
Attachments
Stug III and killed soldiers.JPG
Stug III and killed soldiers.JPG (103.35 KiB) Viewed 11596 times
sandbags added.JPG
sandbags added.JPG (97.49 KiB) Viewed 11604 times
Insurgents at the roadblock.JPG
Insurgents at the roadblock.JPG (109.29 KiB) Viewed 11605 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Below i posted my newest Prague 1 mission update with all the changes listed in my previous post. thup01

I also attached the "dead German soldier" model.

Don't forget to download the custom Stug III summer camo model from the "H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles" thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38004&start=30 (last post on the page).
Attachments
prague1.rar
Updated 18.11.2019
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
models.mod.rar
Dead German soldier model.
(18.42 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:56 pm

So now i am looking into the Greece 3 mission. Changes that i implemented in the Greece 3 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set to 50%;

-> default SAS jeep replaced with my edited one (used already in my modified Greece 1 and Greece 2 missions);

-> re-positioned some of the enemies on the map;

-> some enemies will use other weapons than previously (like some snipers will be equipped with the Mosin-Nagant scoped rifle, etc);

-> the mission starting point placed now closer to the valley entrance (see picture below).
Attachments
Picture from Thessalaia oracle #1.png
Picture from Thessalaia oracle #1.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 11581 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 pm

EDIT: I had to turn in, so I put my computer to sleep in the middle of this response, so I had no idea how much farther you've progressed. This reply belongs to Prague 1.

Since these are armed-civilians, and not the armed-to-the-teeth partisans, it would make no sense for the partisan-models that have visible ammo on their uniforms, and communist caps.

But the "officer" model, (Kostakypolos), looks like it could be used with the civilian models.
That reminds me, the white-shirt civilian model is a bit underused. :)
(I like variety).

Using corpse models is an excellent idea; after all, the Uprising has been happening for a while.

The Germans retreating from the bridge is a bad idea, because that means abandoning a valuable choke-point.
Plus, there is a high-ranking officer near that bridge; I doubt the garrison would leave him with only two NCOs for protection.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:35 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Since these are armed-civilians, and not the armed-to-the-teeth partisans, it would make no sense for the partisan-models that have visible ammo on their uniforms, and communist caps.

The Germans retreating from the bridge is a bad idea, because that means abandoning a valuable choke-point.
Those 2 insurgents that i placed on a new roadblock in the Prague 1 mission don't have visible ammo on their uniforms and communist caps. See picture below.

As the instructor mentioned, Germans are retreating from the Prague (probably towards the Kbely airport). In addition they are forced to fight on 2 fronts at a time: against Red Army and insurgents inside Prague (not to mention partisans attacking supply lines seen in one the H&D 2 cutscenes with train).
Attachments
Prague 1 insurgents.JPG
Prague 1 insurgents.JPG (131.74 KiB) Viewed 11559 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:39 am

Below i posted my newest Greece 3 mission release.
Attachments
greece3.rar
Updated 20.11.2019
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:31 pm

So now i am working on the last mission in H&D Deluxe - Greece 4. Changes that i implemented so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set to 50%;

-> some enemies are equipped now with my custom PPS-43 SMG;

-> the T-34 tank replaced with a Maxim HMG nest. It looks more natural that way. See picture below.
Attachments
Maxim HMG aimed at bridge.JPG
Maxim HMG aimed at bridge.JPG (65.11 KiB) Viewed 11550 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:45 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:35 am
Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Those 2 insurgents that i placed on a new roadblock in the Prague 1 mission don't have visible ammo on their uniforms and communist caps. See picture below.

As the instructor mentioned, Germans are retreating from the Prague (probably towards the Kbely airport). In addition they are forced to fight on 2 fronts at a time: against Red Army and insurgents inside Prague (not to mention partisans attacking supply lines seen in one the H&D 2 cutscenes with train).
Oh dear, I sent the message without proofreading; I meant to say that if you should happen to add more insurgents to Prague 1, to please "mix it up" by adding the white-shirt civilian outfit, which is the rarest, as well as the blue-and-black partisan uniform, which looks "civilian enough" to work. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:30 am

Oh dear, I sent the message without proofreading; I meant to say that if you should happen to add more insurgents to Prague 1, to please "mix it up" by adding the white-shirt civilian outfit, which is the rarest, as well as the blue-and-black partisan uniform, which looks "civilian enough" to work. :)
Maybe later, now i am busy with other things.

Meanwhile here you have my newest Greece 4 mission update.

A guy from the moddb.com modding community sent me a Carcano rifle model for my request (from his COD 2 overhaul mod). I will try to make it usable in H&D Deluxe.
Attachments
greece4.rar
Updated 21.11.2019
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 269 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:30 am

Maybe later, now i am busy with other things.

Meanwhile here you have my newest Greece 4 mission update.

A guy from the moddb.com modding community sent me a Carcano rifle model for my request (from his COD 2 overhaul mod). I will try to make it usable in H&D Deluxe.
That would make an excellent addition to Italy, and possibly Yugoslavia.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:07 pm

After your latest PM i implemented further changes into the Prague 2 mission:

-> added few dead German soldiers near the mission start point along the destroyed convoy. See picture below.
Attachments
dead German soldiers.JPG
dead German soldiers.JPG (57.92 KiB) Viewed 11528 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:42 pm

That would make an excellent addition to Italy, and possibly Yugoslavia.
In the Italian campaign in the hands of the resistance fighters, since we fight against German troops during that campaign (and they have their own bolt-action rifle type - the K98 Mauser). I will add Carcano rifles into the Italy 1 and Italy 4 missions.

The same with Yugoslavian campaign plus maybe few captured Carcano. I will add Carcano rifles into the Danube 1, Danube 4 and Danube 5 missions.

As for the Greek campaign: i will add Carcano rifles into the Greece 1, Greece 2 and Greece 3 missions.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:23 pm

I replaced the default Mercedes truck in the Prague 2 mission with my edited version with 5th back seat added. See picture below.

I posted the edited truck model in the "H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles" thread.
Attachments
edited Mercedes truck.JPG
edited Mercedes truck.JPG (47.45 KiB) Viewed 11513 times
prague2.rar
Updated 21.11.2019
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 244 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 pm

OK Myron. So i added the Carcano rifles into the following missions:

-> Italy 1 and Italy 4;

-> Danube 1, Danube 4 and Danube 5;

-> Greece 1, Greece 2 and Greece 3.

Unpack the archive below (so the missions folder into your main H&D Deluxe directory and overwrite files when asked to).
Attachments
missions.rar
(11.32 MiB) Downloaded 224 times