H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Hello Myron.

I managed to obtain two different, good looking shovel models from the Internet and i added them to various spots on the Danube 4 mission.

See pictures below. :cool:
Attachments
small shovel.JPG
small shovel.JPG (154.57 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
shovels.JPG
shovels.JPG (56.72 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
big shovel.JPG
big shovel.JPG (119.81 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu May 24, 2018 5:12 am

Ah, the same camo netting that covers the Catalina in Germany 6?
Hopefully, it's not bulletproof, this netting. LOL

Nice touch-up, those shovels.
Ever play Heroes and Generals?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:29 am

Myron wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:12 am
Ah, the same camo netting that covers the Catalina in Germany 6?
Hopefully, it's not bulletproof, this netting. LOL

Nice touch-up, those shovels.
Ever play Heroes and Generals?

Hello Myron.

Thank you for the feedback! thup01

The camouflage net model was taken directly from the Poland 1 mission (airfield) then edited by me using 3ds Max.

The camouflage net is not bulletproof - i assigned a AI Transparent static collision type to it (which means that the AI see through the net and bullets pass through it).

I spend some time on finding appropriate shovel models that would fit into the Danube 4 mission. I am glad that you like them. :grin:

I never played Heroes & Generals (however i saw a teaser video of this MMO game a while ago) and it reminds me of the Battlefield 1942 which i played long time ago. ;)

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu May 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Heroes and Generals is one of those games you get for free over the internet, but if you want to level super-fast, you must buy "gold" to spend in the game. Anyway, the reason I ask is because each faction, (USA, USSR, and Germany), gets it's own historical items, including it's own shovel, which is used for melee. LOL

And yes, it operates VERY similar to Battlefield 1942, but you have MUCH MORE control over things, especially your loadout.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello Myron.

I managed to obtain a new good looking axe and pickaxe models from the Internet and i added them to various spots in the Danube 4 mission. In addition i placed a grey military footlocker (i placed the same model in the Danube 1 mission) in some rooms inside the bunkers.

See pictures below. :cool:
Attachments
tools.JPG
tools.JPG (73.55 KiB) Viewed 11867 times
small axe.JPG
small axe.JPG (138.59 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
grey footlocker.JPG
grey footlocker.JPG (64.3 KiB) Viewed 11869 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:24 pm

OK Myron. Here you have the newest Danube 4 mission update. thup01

Please download the models.mod.rar and maps.mod.rar archives uploaded below this post, to be able to see all those new models and related textures in this mission. Extract (unpack) the folders from both archives into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing models.mod and maps.mod folders when asked.

Please give me later some feedback! :grin:

P.S.

I want to inform you Myron, that i will be busy during this weekend starting from Saturday morning (leaving the house for a few days), so i will probably have no time for modding H&D Deluxe at all.
Attachments
maps.mod.rar
(812.03 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
models.mod.rar
(218.51 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
danube4.rar
Updated 24.05.2018
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 327 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello Myron.

Please download again the models.mod.rar and maps.mod.rar archives that i uploaded below this post and extract (unpack) their content into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing models.mod and maps.mod folders when asked. Overwrite files when asked.

Hopefully this will fix the problem with static collision system in your Danube 4 mission. Please let me know if the problem was solved or not.
Attachments
maps.mod.rar
Updated 29.05.2018
(3.47 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
models.mod.rar
Updated 29.05.2018
(630.18 KiB) Downloaded 331 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:29 am

Hello Myron.

I am sorry, that your problem with static collision system in the Danube 4 mission still exists (characters falling through the ground). :sad:
As i wrote before in my PM, i don't have this problem in my H&D Deluxe (see attached picture as a proof).

Please open your HDD editor, then open the Danube 4 mission (click File-> Open mission -> Danube 4 -> Game -> OK; like on the attached screen) and then press Alt+Enter key combinations to invoke the Log window (see attached picture as an example). Please make a screenshot of your Danube 4 mission Log window content (like i did) and show me, so i will be 100% sure which particular models you don't have. There will be a warning message written in red color telling the user which model is missing from the game. Scroll up and to the far right the Log window before you make the screen of it (if one screenshot is not enough make more), so i will be able to read the full name of the missing model. Otherwise i will never know which particular model you don't have in your H&D Deluxe.
Attachments
Opening mission in HDD editor.JPG
Opening mission in HDD editor.JPG (113.51 KiB) Viewed 11808 times
Mission log window.JPG
Mission log window.JPG (123.82 KiB) Viewed 11808 times
Danube 4 mission beginning.JPG
Danube 4 mission beginning.JPG (142.34 KiB) Viewed 11808 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 am

OK Myron.

I managed to replace all old tree stump models (named previously "pień.i3d") placed by me on the Danube 4 map with the new ones (named simply "tree stump.i3d"). Uff, that was a lot of work for me. Everything seems to be OK.

Please download the models.mod.rar archive uploaded by me below this post and unpack (extract) its content into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing models.mod folder when asked.

Please download also the newest Danube 4 mission update uploaded by me below this post.

I hope, that this will finally solve the problem with characters falling through the ground. :roll:
Attachments
danube4.rar
Updated 30.05.2018
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 381 times
models.mod.rar
It contains the new tree stump model.
(668 Bytes) Downloaded 318 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:56 pm

Hello Myron.

Like i promised you i made another Danube 4 mission update. :cool:

List of changes:

-> now camouflage nets allow bullets and frag grenades to pass through them;

-> most of the terrain static collision changed to grass material (it will generates a "grass sound" upon contact) - except the riverbed, bunkers interiors and trenches;

-> small bugs fixed.

Please download the Danube 4 mission again. Please download also the updated data.dta archive (i needed to fix a small bug related to TT-33 pistol).

Give me later some feedback! :grin:
Attachments
danube4.rar
Updated 31.05.2018
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 330 times
data.rar
Updated 31.05.2018
(559.79 KiB) Downloaded 319 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:02 pm

OK Myron.

I managed to set almost all the bottom of the stream bed in the Danube 4 mission as "Water sound" material, which means that you will hear a distinctive sound when walking over it (no more "Gravel" sound). I think, that now the sound is more realistic than before. This was a complicated task for me, due to the fact, that the stream bed bottom was constructed by default in different way than the stream bed bottom from the Greece 1 mission (which was far easier to edit). I also fixed some small bugs.

Please give me later some feedback! thup01
Attachments
danube4.rar
Updated 03.06.2018
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 324 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:43 am

Hello Myron.

During the weekend i managed to add few changes into the Danube 5 mission. :cool:

List of the recent changes that i implemented in the Danube 5 mission:

-> the Lancaster bomber will land earlier (the landing procedure will start after about 120 seconds);

-> new shooting sound for the Lancaster bomber dual MGs mounted in the upper turret (sound taken from the famous Vickers machine-gun);

-> placed 2 partisans behind haystacks armed with Mauser K98 non-scoped rifles (see picture below);

-> more dense checkpoint grid to make the AI navigation easier;

-> optimized terrain static collisions;

-> placed 4 crates with weapons in the wooden barn for the player use (2 Bren LMGs and 2 ZB26 LMGs in total, see picture below);

-> placed few different weapons in the wooden barn for the player use (see picture below);

-> now the enemies attack the runway area in 2 separate groups consisting of Romanian gendarmes and German mountain rangers supported by motorcycle (both groups will attack in the time interval - the initial attack will be carried out by Romanian gendarmes alone);

-> enemy soldiers will use looser formations during their attack (lowering the chances that they will bump into tight groups, columns and into each others making them an easy target);

-> first group of enemy soldiers (Romanian gendarmes) will spawn after 45 seconds (giving the player and his team time to reach defensive positions at the farm);

-> second group of enemy soldiers (German mountain rangers plus motorcycle) will spawn after 75 seconds;

-> small bugs fixed;

I am still in the testing phase. I need to think, if there is still a need to implement further changes plus i am searching for errors.
Attachments
weapon crates.JPG
weapon crates.JPG (67.93 KiB) Viewed 11653 times
extra weapons.JPG
extra weapons.JPG (66.85 KiB) Viewed 11653 times
partisans behind haystacks.JPG
partisans behind haystacks.JPG (106.61 KiB) Viewed 11653 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am

OK Myron.

Here you have my newest Danube 5 mission update ready for download and testing. :cool:

Please download the models.mod.rar archive that contains the haystack model (extract the models.mod folder from the archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory - merge with the existing models.mod folder when asked).

Please download also the sounds.rar archive that contains the new shooting sound for the mounted MGs used in the Lancaster bomber (sound taken from the famous Vickers machine gun). Extract the sounds folder from the archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory - merge with the existing sounds folder when asked.

Give me later some feedback! thup01
Attachments
danube5.rar
Updated 12.06.2018
(879.02 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
sounds.rar
New shooting sound for Lancaster mounted MGs.
(35.14 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
models.mod.rar
It contains the haystack model.
(635 Bytes) Downloaded 279 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Below i uploaded another update of the data.dta archive regarding the changes in the AI section of the game settings.

This is my next attempt to make the AI behavior in H&D Deluxe more realistic - especially slow down the reaction speed and set it to a more reasonable level. I tried to set values in such manner to avoid unnecessary complications of the game mechanics.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 12.06.2018
(559.91 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:39 am

OK Myron.

Here you have another Danube 5 mission update - this time with default (original) shooting sound for the Lancaster bomber mounted machine-guns.
Attachments
danube5.rar
Updated 14.06.2018
(877.8 KiB) Downloaded 253 times