H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 pm

Here you have the updated data.dta archive (new inventory item added to the inventory list - German winter uniform).

You will need also the new models (mooring pin and the German winter uniform) packed inside the models.mod.rar archive.

Below i attached picture to show you the German winter uniform in-game (the uniform laying on the table) and inventory models. :cool:

I made some tests and i ran through the bunker complex being dressed in that new inventory item and the Germans didn't recognize me. :grin:
Attachments
new inventory item.JPG
new inventory item.JPG (52.42 KiB) Viewed 9340 times
models.mod.rar
Edited mooring pin and German winter uniform models.
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
data.rar
Updated 26.09.2019 - new German winter uniform item.
(559.46 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:25 pm

OK Myron. So here you have my newest Norway 4 mission update with all the changes listed in the corresponding posts.
Attachments
norway4.rar
Updated 27.09.2019
(871.7 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:38 pm

Now i am working on the last mission in the Norwegian campaign. Changes that i implemented in the Norway 5 mission so far:

-> endurance skill of all enemies set to 50%;

-> added missing light sources to few rooms in the complex - including the "preparation room" mentioned by instructor in the video briefing;

-> video briefing edited - replaced the previous weird looking "escape truck" with the normal Opel truck model (see attached picture); :cool:

-> now you will need to protect the Opel truck shown in the video briefing and use it to reach the escape point. This is actually the only truck in the complex with fuel (see attached picture below);

-> now when the U-boat gets destroyed the explosion will destroy also the enemy patrol boat located nearby;

-> replaced the previous patrol boat model located in the submarine pool with the edited one (same as used i.e. in the Danube 3 mission);

-> replaced default halftrack model with the edited one (same as used i.e. in the German campaign).
Attachments
escape truck from briefing.JPG
escape truck from briefing.JPG (67.72 KiB) Viewed 9320 times
escape truck.JPG
escape truck.JPG (108.13 KiB) Viewed 9324 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:35 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:38 pm
Now i am working on the last mission in the Norwegian campaign. Changes that i implemented in the Norway 5 mission so far:

-> now you will need to protect the Opel truck shown in the video briefing and use it to reach the escape point. This is actually the only truck in the complex with fuel (see attached picture below);
I object completely. I prefer the players get to choose this time. The instructor actually made driving at all optional, as he also says, "on our own feet if possible". But logic dictates a vehicle. The Mercedes truck is fastest by far, and the halftrack has armor.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:21 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:35 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:38 pm

I object completely. I prefer the players get to choose this time. The instructor actually made driving at all optional, as he also says, "on our own feet if possible". But logic dictates a vehicle. The Mercedes truck is fastest by far, and the halftrack has armor.
Yeah, but driving a military transport truck in occupied Norway would be less suspicious than an armored halftrack. Our SAS team would have greater chances to pass undetected in the truck i think. Since there are many of them on the roads, around warehouses and cities. Just like we did in certain H&D 2 missions when we used captured German trucks to get inside enemy controlled areas (i.e. mission in Alps).

You could still use the 2 driveable halftracks against enemies to cover the escape (to give covering fire for the Opel truck).

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:06 am

Further changes that i implemented in the Norway 5 mission:

-> added 2 pontoons outside the complex at the piers - this will explain how the enemy reinforcements arrived (see attached picture);

-> now the gate leading outside is locked. The key to open it is in the possession of the base commander (see attached picture);

-> added a destroyable radio in the "crew preparation room";

-> replaced some enemy soldiers in the submarine pool with the mechanic / engineer model (see attached picture);

-> changed behavior of enemy soldiers: some of them will guard assigned areas while other will patrol the complex;

-> more diverse weaponry of enemies (not only automatic weapons).
Attachments
submarine pool.JPG
submarine pool.JPG (98.53 KiB) Viewed 9304 times
officer with key.JPG
officer with key.JPG (99.04 KiB) Viewed 9306 times
pontoons.JPG
pontoons.JPG (104.1 KiB) Viewed 9306 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:08 am

Fair enough about the truck; still, there is no road leading to the base; a tracked vehicle would be more sensible given the conditions outside.

So, you removed the MG-boat? I noticed that it had a man on the MG again I knifed him in the previous mission.
I was figuring the trio carrying the rockets were from the original garrison of Building 1.

The men coming from the tunnel, how do you explain them?
I was thinking that maybe, you can remove those men, and have enemy reinforcements arrive from the outside. (Just a suggested idea).

You should make the bookshelves destructible. :-)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:22 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:08 am

The men coming from the tunnel, how do you explain them?
I was thinking that maybe, you can remove those men, and have enemy reinforcements arrive from the outside. (Just a suggested idea).

You should make the bookshelves destructible. :-)
The men coming from the tunnel arrived by those 2 pontoons. They entered the bunker and found the body of the commander (from Norway 4 mission). So they splitted up: some went through the tunnel while others set up an ambush outside to block the escape route. Let's say that the reinforcements were sent, because there was no radio contact with the bunker.

OK. I will made the bookshelves destroyable if this really makes a difference for you...

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:24 pm

After your latest forum post i added new changes to the Norway 5 mission:

-> all bookshelves are now destroyable;

-> added a music that will be played from the radio in the "crew preparation room" - a German WW2 song called "Das U-boat Lied" that i once found on the Youtube. When you destroy the radio the music will stop playing. :cool:

Below i uploaded my newest Norway 5 mission update. Please download also the models.mod.rar archive (the Opel truck model for the video briefing) and the sounds.mod.rar archive (the radio song).
Attachments
sounds.mod.rar
"Das U-boat Lied" song
(4.92 MiB) Downloaded 261 times
models.mod.rar
Opel truck model for the video briefing.
(6.92 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
norway5.rar
Updated 28.09.2019
(590.44 KiB) Downloaded 265 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 am

After your latest PM message i added new changes / bug fixes into the Norway 5 mission:

-> edited one of the mission's objectives text description (see attached picture below);

-> now the single torpedo located in the submarine pool hall will be destroyed when you blow up the U-boat;

-> now to not confuse the player there is only one Opel truck parked in the submarine base (in the room shown in the mission briefing);

-> edited the default torpedo model - optimized its collision placement to fit the model more precisely.

-> edited the tactical map - now the destroyed (sunk) U-boat model should be visible on the map;

-> shortened the time after which the enemy reinforcements will come from the tunnel to 1 minute - so the player won't be able to silently eliminate all enemies in the submarine base before the reinforcements spawn. However, if you are quick enough you could kill silently few enemies in the base without being discovered.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Edited torpedo model.
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
data.rar
Updated 29.09.2019 - edited mission's objective.
(559.56 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
edited objective.JPG
edited objective.JPG (52.02 KiB) Viewed 9277 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Here you have my newest Norway 5 mission update including changes listed in my previous post.

Download also the updated data.dta archive uploaded below (edited Norway 5 mission text description). See attached picture below.

Don't forget also to download the models.mod.rar archive from the previous post (edited torpedo model).
Attachments
edited mission description.JPG
Please notice last 2 sentences.
edited mission description.JPG (133.3 KiB) Viewed 9256 times
data.rar
Updated 30.09.2019 - edited mission's description.
(559.58 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
norway5.rar
Updated 30.09.2019
(577.9 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm

I just improved the look of the custom Kriegsmarine officer uniform textures and i fixed some problems related to them (see attached picture below). :cool:

Below i attached all the needed files to actually use this custom officer model in the game.

I plan to add a Kriegsmarine officer to the "crew preparation room" in the Norway 5 mission.
Attachments
sailor officer.JPG
Kriegsmarine officer in H&D Deluxe.
sailor officer.JPG (43.33 KiB) Viewed 9224 times
models.mod.rar
Custom Kriegsmarine officer model.
(19.9 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
maps.mod.rar
Custom Kriegsmarine officer uniform textures.
(9.78 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:38 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm
I just improved the look of the custom Kriegsmarine officer uniform textures and i fixed some problems related to them (see attached picture below). :cool:

Below i attached all the needed files to actually use this custom officer model in the game.

I plan to add a Kriegsmarine officer to the "crew preparation room" in the Norway 5 mission.
That would be a good idea; after all, the REAL commander of the base is in the building next door.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:44 pm

OK Myron. So i replaced the previous default officer model in the "crew preparation room" with the custom Kriegsmarine officer model. See attached picture below. :cool:
Attachments
Kriegsmarine officer.JPG
Kriegsmarine officer.JPG (92.12 KiB) Viewed 9203 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 pm

I just improved the look of the custom Kriegsmarine sailor uniform textures and i fixed some problems related to them (see attached picture below). :cool:

Below i attached all the needed files to actually use this custom sailor model in the game.

I plan to add few Kriegsmarine sailors to the submarine pool hall in the Norway 5 mission.
Attachments
maps.mod.rar
Custom Kriegsmarine sailor uniform textures.
(19.07 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
models.mod.rar
Custom Kriegsmarine sailor model.
(20.07 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Kriegsmarine sailor.JPG
Kriegsmarine sailor in H&D Deluxe.
Kriegsmarine sailor.JPG (33.8 KiB) Viewed 9196 times