H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:12 am

Meanwhile i looked again into my modified missions from the German campaign and i made further changes:

Germany 6

-> various enemy AI scripts optimization;

-> some enemies are equipped now with Panzerfausts;

-> minor bug fixes;

-> optimized the checkpoint grid used by the enemy AI to navigate (to attack the player positions);

-> repositioned some of the artillery / bombs explosions at the beginning of enemy attack.

I took a picture from the HDD editor, to show you, how my modified Germany 6 mission works now (i made a test without player participation). The enemy troops surrounded the Catalina seaplane, while one of those 2 Panzer IV tanks actually blew it up. Those 3 dead German soldiers in the background were ran over by their own tank. War is hell, especially with the H&D Deluxe AI bots "pathfinding abilities", lol.

See picture below.

To be continued (work in progress).
Attachments
Germany 6 enemy attack.png
Germany 6 enemy attack.png (893.09 KiB) Viewed 10722 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Below you will find my updated German campaign, that includes the following missions:

-> Germany 1,

-> Germany 2,

-> Germany 3,

-> Germany 4,

-> Germany 5,

-> Germany 6.

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
missions.rar
Updated German campaign - 07.02.2021
(6.78 MiB) Downloaded 249 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:56 am

Meanwhile i looked again into my modified missions from the Norwegian campaign and i made further changes:

Norway 1

-> slightly decreased the accuracy of enemies equipped with non-scoped bolt-action rifles and assault rifles;

-> MG gunners on towers are now equipped with sidearms and could abandon their positions in case of direct player attack;

-> i replaced 2 default static road barrier winter models near the mission start and extraction point with my edited model, that could be moved up and down;

-> re-positioned some of the explosions from the navy bombardment, so now they will deal greater damage to the powerplant / fuel storage area;

-> fixed the bug with the navy bombardment being triggered after 3 instead of 5 minutes after placing radio transmitters on the appropriate locations.

See picture below.

Attachments
Norway 1 navy bombardment results.JPG
Tested in HDD Editor without player participation.
Norway 1 navy bombardment results.JPG (101.99 KiB) Viewed 10708 times
models.mod.rar
Custom moveable winter road barrier model.
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Okay, so I have restarted the WHOLE game. :)

Danube 1;
There is an ominous tune that is set to go off whenever Player 4 moves in a certain direction.
I was wondering if that tune could instead be reprogrammed to play at the start of the mission no matter what. It is a VERY appropriate tune, but it's trigger is in the wrong spot.

Also, forgive my forgetfulness, as life is hectic, but which program do you use again to record gameplay?

Dear 6 guests, make a profile, and give us feedback. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:49 am

Meanwhile i looked again into my modified missions from the Norwegian campaign and i made further changes:

Norway 2

-> slightly decreased the accuracy of enemies equipped with non-scoped bolt-action rifles, submachine-guns, assault rifles and pistols;

-> i replaced the destroyable road barrier winter model near the exit from the complex with my edited model, that could be moved up and down;

-> some enemies will use different weapons than before;

-> disabled the AI feature "invest. dead friends" applied previously to few enemy soldiers in this mission, because this new option could cause some random game crashes;

-> minor bug fixes, AI scripts optimizations.

Norway 3 (11.02.2021 update)

-> slightly decreased the accuracy of enemies equipped with submachine-guns, assault rifles and pistols;

-> various AI scripts optimizations;

-> disabled the AI feature "invest. dead friends" applied previously to few enemy soldiers in this mission, because this new option could cause some random game crashes;

-> minor bug fixes.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:09 pm

in Germany 1 the stationary soldier in the office is standing still doing nothing just frozen and its the same old problem that i showed you i will give you a video of him just listening to the phone ringing doing nothing

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:10 pm

even if i made my soldier stand in front of him still nothing happens

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:33 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:09 pm
in Germany 1 the stationary soldier in the office is standing still doing nothing just frozen and its the same old problem that i showed you i will give you a video of him just listening to the phone ringing doing nothing
I checked that in HDD Editor a while ago and you were right mr.47. :sad:

It was a problem with improper detector location / settings as far as i know. Now I just assigned the soldier from the room with ringing phone a task to guard only the room where he is located. Sometimes a new mission script (detector) doesn't work as expected. I apologize for that - i simply overlooked this bug. Thanks for pointing it out!

Below you will find the updated Germany1 mission. The soldier's behavior should be fine now.

By the way i am currently working to update the rest of the missions from the H&D Deluxe Norwegian campaign. thup01
Attachments
germany1.rar
Updated 12.02.2021
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 246 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 am

thaks much appreciated

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:33 am

mr.47 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 am
thaks much appreciated
Sorry for bothering you mr.47, but just a while ago i uploaded the Germany 1 mission again - i further improved the soldier's behavior plus optimized static collisions in the room with ringing phone. I also made the checkpoint grid more dense to improve the AI pathfinding.

Please download the updated Germany1 mission again (attached to my previous post) - it is marked "Updated 12.02.2021".

Thanks for your understanding! thup01

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:37 am

oh and another glitch is when set the soldier to bench and then move or turn around it just go frozen idle and stop the animation i tried every thing even with weapons this glitch is paining me due to my soldiers getting frozen like an ice age statues

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:14 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:37 am
oh and another glitch is when set the soldier to bench and then move or turn around it just go frozen idle and stop the animation i tried every thing even with weapons this glitch is paining me due to my soldiers getting frozen like an ice age statues
This bug was caused by some missing animation files - looks like i accidentally deleted them from my mod. :roll:

Please download the anims.rar archive attached below and unpack its content (anims.dta file) into your H&D Deluxe / data directory. Replace files when asked.

I tested the updated anims.dta archive (from the attachment) a short while ago in-game and the animations got restored. Everything worked OK.
Attachments
anims.rar
Added missing animation files - 13.02.2021
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:05 pm

Norway 4

-> slightly decreased the accuracy of enemies equipped with non-scoped bolt-action rifles, submachine-guns, assault rifles and pistols;

-> minor bug fixes;

-> to fulfill the 1st mission objective now you will need to silently kill the submarine base commander and stay close to his desk with one of your soldiers;

-> added a text message, that will be displayed when the submarine base get alerted - resulting in a mission failure (credits for NilsZ).

In general, now i put more emphasis on the player to use a stealth approach in this mission, instead of typical "gun blazing" scenario - often seen in other H&D Deluxe missions. Opening fire or causing an explosion close to the submarine dock building will be punished, unless you use knife / silenced weapons to eliminate encountered enemy soldiers. There are also areas in the command base (bunker) where shooting non-silenced weapons / causing an explosion will result in triggering the alarm / mission failure.

Norway 5

-> slightly decreased the accuracy of enemies equipped with non-scoped bolt-action rifles, submachine-guns and pistols;

-> minor bug fixes like adding missing static collisions to some objects, etc;

-> slightly re-positioned the mission spawn point for the player team.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:53 am

Below you will find my updated Norwegian campaign, that includes the following missions:

-> Norway 1,

-> Norway 2,

-> Norway 3,

-> Norway 4,

-> Norway 5,

-> Norway 6.

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
missions.rar
Updated 13.02.2021 - Norwegian campaign
(4.88 MiB) Downloaded 220 times
data.rar
Updated 13.02.2021 - Added text message to Norway 4 mission.
(561.88 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:28 pm

would you please update the h&d ultimate on moddb please keep it up to date