H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:03 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:15 pm
I just edited the Germany 5 video briefing - i replaced the chasing Tiger tanks with 2 Panzer IV from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

See attached video.

Do you like it Myron? :grin:

If so, i could also replace the chasing Tiger tank in Germany 5 mission with a Panzer IV tank.
Flawless change. :grin:

It makes sense too; the Tiger has inferior camo, and why would a slow tank chase a half-track?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:03 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:15 pm
I just edited the Germany 5 video briefing - i replaced the chasing Tiger tanks with 2 Panzer IV from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

See attached video.

Do you like it Myron? :grin:

If so, i could also replace the chasing Tiger tank in Germany 5 mission with a Panzer IV tank.
Flawless change. :grin:

It makes sense too; the Tiger has inferior camo, and why would a slow tank chase a half-track?
Indeed. I highly doubt that a Tiger could drive at a speed shown in the original video briefing. Even a Panther would have difficulties, knowing that the early 1943 models had some reliability problems.

So, i replaced the chasing Tiger tank in the Germany 5 mission with a Panzer IV model from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
Attachments
Chasing PZIV.JPG
Chasing PZIV.JPG (96.17 KiB) Viewed 19495 times
Germany5.rar
Updated 18.04.2020
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 304 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:58 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 am
Myron wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:15 am
Excellent idea on how to use the King Tiger. :)

Tell me, the model of the T-34 in Spearhead, is it the 76 or the 85?
Thanks! As soon as i saw the King Tiger model i knew that i want it for Prague 1 mission. :mrgreen:

According to Medal of Honor Wiki it is T-34/76 model: https://medalofhonor.fandom.com/wiki/T-34/76
Unfortunate, as I was thinking of suggesting you swap out the scout T-34/85 in Prague for the 76 Spearhead model, as it has a better "destroyed model".

Weird how in Spearhead; the Soviets speak of "new T-34s", which I presume are the 85s, but they only have 76s in the game.
I will try to import the T-34 model from Medal of Honor: Spearhead into H&D Deluxe. The hardest part would be to actually make it drivable.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:40 pm

I replaced also the older T-34 tank model from the Greece 2 mission with the new one from Medal of Honor: Spearhead.

See picture below. :cool:
Attachments
T-34 in Greece 2.JPG
T-34 in Greece 2.JPG (133.19 KiB) Viewed 19488 times
greece2.rar
Updated 18.04.2020
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 292 times

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:21 pm

thx there for saying that you just updated the game im re downloading the game assets (mod ) again and about the project how to contact nilsz becuase this is very important move in the game series from changeing the old game style to modern warfare style but before making or desighning the game i will make a vote who want it in ww2 or modern warfare style

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:27 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:21 pm
thx there for saying that you just updated the game im re downloading the game assets (mod ) again and about the project how to contact nilsz becuase this is very important move in the game series from changeing the old game style to modern warfare style but before making or desighning the game i will make a vote who want it in ww2 or modern warfare style
Please remember to re-download the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod ONLY from Mod DB, because the latest updates here on H&D forums are not yet incorporated into the mod. Further testing is needed before release.

You could send NilsZ a private message for example or start a new topic in the H&D forums about your new project.

By the way, you could check those website for free 3d models:

- http://www.cadnav.com/

- https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/

- https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/wea ... ax_price=0

- https://free3d.com/3d-models/weapons

I would prefer the WW2 setting instead of modern warfare.

You could also import some models from Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games series (just like i did) using proper modding tools.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:13 am

Bad News on Prague 1.
There are weird, invisible holes hat cause one to fall into the abyss. And other possible anomalies.

I started the mission, and shortly after, the King Tiger aimed to it's lefts fired two rounds at something. I then checked the map and noticed the T-34 which was at it's spawn has now disappeared.

I moved my soldier to the left and found that he walk through the fenced grass, and the second he stepped onto the sidewalk inside the grass, he fell into the abyss.

Also, when turning to look around, the camera clips into the buildings.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:13 am
Bad News on Prague 1.
There are weird, invisible holes hat cause one to fall into the abyss. And other possible anomalies.

I started the mission, and shortly after, the King Tiger aimed to it's lefts fired two rounds at something. I then checked the map and noticed the T-34 which was at it's spawn has now disappeared.

I moved my soldier to the left and found that he walk through the fenced grass, and the second he stepped onto the sidewalk inside the grass, he fell into the abyss.

Also, when turning to look around, the camera clips into the buildings.
I tested the Prague 1 mission again and i didn't encounter the anomalies that you described.

The King Tiger aimed only at the incoming T-34 and destroyed it as usual. See picture below.

As you could see on the attached picture, the fenced grass has all the collision its needs (marked by yellow color).

Anyway, i fixed some other minor problems found in the Prague 1 mission - like the first pair of enemy MG gunners that started to shot at the one of the insurgents hidden behind makeshift barricade at the start of the mission.
Attachments
prague1.rar
Updated 23.04.2020
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 297 times
Picture from Prague #1.png
Tactical map view
Picture from Prague #1.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 19413 times
Prague 1.JPG
Prague 1.JPG (119.25 KiB) Viewed 19419 times

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:33 am

Seems like again some models or textures are missing.
If that happens static objects become unstatic, so you can fall or shoot through them. There is one excpetion, volumes (the yellow boxes that you can see on jakubs screenshot) remain static.
Thats why Myron can run around without falling down on these volumes.

I recommend you jakub to pack models and textures in the archives and put the folders away. So you can always be sure that nothing is missing.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:38 am

NilsZ wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:33 am
Seems like again some models or textures are missing.
If that happens static objects become unstatic, so you can fall or shoot through them. There is one excpetion, volumes (the yellow boxes that you can see on jakubs screenshot) remain static.
Thats why Myron can run around without falling down on these volumes.

I recommend you jakub to pack models and textures in the archives and put the folders away. So you can always be sure that nothing is missing.
I tested the Prague 1 mission on 2 different PCs with 3 different OS (XP, Vista and 10) and i didn't fall through the ground. See pictures below.

I uploaded the mission again for Myron.

If he still has the problem i will suggest to download my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod, which has all the needed custom models and textures: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1
Attachments
Picture from Prague #2.png
Picture from Prague #2.png (985.27 KiB) Viewed 19393 times
Picture from Prague #1.png (971.45 KiB) Viewed 19393 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Didn't seem to work; right at the start, if I walk on the sidewalk straight to the left of the starting point, we fall in.

After I died, I checked the map; the T-34 has again vanished, probably suffering the same fate. The King Tiger then once again fired off a round to the left, but instead of hitting the buildings, well, check the picture I sent you.
Attachments
Picture from Prague #1.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 19387 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:07 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:00 pm
Didn't seem to work; right at the start, if I walk on the sidewalk straight to the left of the starting point, we fall in.

After I died, I checked the map; the T-34 has again vanished, probably suffering the same fate. The King Tiger then once again fired off a round to the left, but instead of hitting the buildings, well, check the picture I sent you.
Very strange - i don't have such problems in my Prague 1 mission. I checked the mission few times. :shock:

Maybe you are simply missing some of my custom models - like it was the case with the modified Germany 5 mission?

Please download my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod, i updated it recently: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Okay, I moved the files over, replacing everything; the Prague 1 glitch is gone.

I feel a bit foolish for doing so, because now half the iconic menu sounds are gone, as you warned. I wish I remembered that warning.

The new scopes are in place, but your "updated" download doesn't have the King Tiger and Spearhead T-34.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:51 pm
Okay, I moved the files over, replacing everything; the Prague 1 glitch is gone.

I feel a bit foolish for doing so, because now half the iconic menu sounds are gone, as you warned. I wish I remembered that warning.

The new scopes are in place, but your "updated" download doesn't have the King Tiger and Spearhead T-34.
I am glad that the Prague 1 mission finally works for you.

Try this sound mod: https://www.moddb.com/games/hidden-dang ... -music-mod

As far as i know the newest H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod version has the King Tiger and T-34 models from Medal of Honor included.

See pictures below showing the content of the mod's models.mod folder. :roll:
Attachments
King Tiger.JPG
King Tiger.JPG (113.84 KiB) Viewed 19355 times
T-34.JPG
T-34.JPG (115.98 KiB) Viewed 19357 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:41 pm

I just checked; on my list too, but not applied to the mission, it seems.