H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:40 am

OK Myron. I added additional collision volumes to the rest of the sewer roof and to the sewer walls whenever possible in the Italy 2 mission.

Below i uploaded the updated Italy 2 mission together with all the other missions where i replaced the previous Flak 38 and Flak 88 AA guns models with the ones imported from Call of Duty 1.

Unpack the models.mod and maps.mod RAR archives into your root H&D Deluxe directory.

Any feedback will be appreciated! :grin:
Attachments
maps.mod.rar
New Flak 38 and Flak 88 AA guns textures
(3.87 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
models.mod.rar
New Flak 38 and Flak 88 AA guns models
(97.45 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
missions.rar
Updated missions including Italy 2
(11.56 MiB) Downloaded 259 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Much to my surprise the problem with the Italy 2 sewers is still there - i tested the mission myself today and i confirm the exact same location when you heard bolt-action rifle shooting sound. I heard it too. In addition, i heard an automatic weapon (i don't know what it was) while being in a short tunnel that connects two parallel straight tunnel parts near the place where you killed a patrolling German (shown on picture posted by you on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:20 am). In none of those cases my men were injured or killed.

After the first test I added surface collision volumes above the sewer tunnels - directly into to the ground level.

EDIT: In my second test (after the latest Italy 2 mission update uploaded below) i didn't hear any shots while being in the sewer tunnels. It seems, that i finally fixed that problem.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:53 pm

It might be an irrelevant coincidence, but in the long, stretch of tunnel, your footsteps stop echoing.

And furthermore, when bullets hit the oil tanks, bullets-hitting-wood sounds are heard.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:25 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:53 pm
It might be an irrelevant coincidence, but in the long, stretch of tunnel, your footsteps stop echoing.

And furthermore, when bullets hit the oil tanks, bullets-hitting-wood sounds are heard.
I will look at the sewer tunnel floor and check why the footsteps are not heard.

As for the oil tanks - if you mean those big ones that the player needs to blow up - i would never guess that. This mission is getting weirder and weirder over time. It might be cursed or something, lol.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:01 am

OK Myron.

I set the entire sewer floor to generate sound called "Sewer 1" (whatever that means) while stepping on it. Keep in mind, that the "sewer ambient sound" in the sewers might drown out (makes inaudible) the footsteps sound. Make sure you set the slider "Sound volume" in "Setup Sounds" to max value (see picture below). I did that and i heard the footsteps in all the sewer tunnels area. In my latest test with my newest Italy 2 mission update (the one uploaded below) i didn't hear any shots from above while exploring the sewers. I added yet another few collision volumes to the tunnel roof and walls (to the long straight tunnel section located close to the nearest exit to the surface from the mission start point) to ensure that no bullets will get through.

As for the big oil tanks on the refinery area surface - you were right. For unknown reason, their hitting sound was set to "Wood 1". I changed it to "Metal 1", together with all the metal pipes that goes into the tanks and further away. Now it will make more sense.

Please download the Italy 2 mission again from below.
Don't forget also to check my new Flak 38 AA gun model on the main refinery building rooftop. It is destroyable too.
Attachments
Max sound volume.JPG
Max sound volume.JPG (103.97 KiB) Viewed 10319 times
italy2.rar
Updated 03.10.2020
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:24 pm

The good news, the sound effects were fixed perfectly. Metal sounds like metal, and my footsteps echo like they should. And the trouble areas seem to have been fixed as well.

The bad news is, in the place marked on the picture, I hear a moschetto firing at me from one side, and a bolt-action rifle, likely a mauser, shooting at me from another side, at the same time.

There was also an MG42 going off for a single burst, right after leaving the starting point and running at the bend right in front, but that's a maybe, as I had another guy elsewhere, so I do not know.
Attachments
Picture from Bergamo #1.png
Picture from Bergamo #1.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 10298 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:19 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:24 pm
The good news, the sound effects were fixed perfectly. Metal sounds like metal, and my footsteps echo like they should. And the trouble areas seem to have been fixed as well.

The bad news is, in the place marked on the picture, I hear a moschetto firing at me from one side, and a bolt-action rifle, likely a mauser, shooting at me from another side, at the same time.
Glad to hear that the problems with sound are fixed. thup01

So, you say: another joint Italo-German operation to piss me off? Well, this time i added few collision volumes to the walls and roof of the tunnel shown on the attached picture (marked by a red rectangle) and near the mission start point (all along the way to the first exit from the sewers). However, I have a really bad feeling, that such situations occur randomly - with enemies seeing and firing at you through tiny holes in the collision volumes grid. This is the worst case encountered by me yet in any of the H&D Deluxe missions. The Italy 2 mission seems to be a aimbot nightmare. Anyway, please download and test my latest Italy 2 mission update uploaded below. I hope, that we will someday get through that annoying bug-fixing part of that mission, so you could actually notice the new Flak 38 AA gun model on the main refinery building roof... :roll:
Attachments
Picture from Bergamo #1.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 10284 times
italy2.rar
Updated 04.10.2020
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 250 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:32 pm

>"So, you say: another joint Italo-German operation to piss me off?"

They're doing a better job here than in the real war. :lol:

I've seen the model. It's nice.
But the part that is MUCH better than the previous version is the destroyed model.
P.S. Is it meant to be immune to grenades?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:14 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:32 pm
I've seen the model. It's nice.
But the part that is MUCH better than the previous version is the destroyed model.
P.S. Is it meant to be immune to grenades?
That was my idea. You could still blow it up using i.e. TNT. I though that it would be more balanced that way, because in most WW2 FPS games like MoH and CoD series such guns require placing explosives in order to be destroyed. Anyway, in H&D Deluxe it is still easier to destroy an AA gun than a tank. This is fair in my opinion.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:59 pm

I decided to make a final Italy 2 mission update regarding sewer network, unless you will find another spot where enemies could see / shot from the surface (which i will consider an AI cheat from now on...).

I added even more collision volumes to the walls and roof of the sewer tunnels and there is literally no spot left without extra protection. The underground is now protected better from gunfire than Maginot Line, lol.

I am glad that you like the new custom Flak 38 AA gun model imported from Call of Duty 1 - i had lots of work with it. I strongly recommend to check my new custom Flak 88 AA gun too - to be found i.e. in the Italy 3 mission.

I also edited the Italy 4 mission - i added few sandbags around ammo boxes on a rail car with the new custom Flak 38 AA gun model. See picture below.
Attachments
train car AA gun.JPG
train car AA gun.JPG (134.06 KiB) Viewed 10257 times
italy4.rar
Updated 04.10.2020
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
italy2.rar
Updated 04.10.2020 - sewers (final)
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 261 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:09 am

Looks like Myron that you downloaded my newest Italy 2 and Italy 4 mission updates. Could you give me please some feedback?

First of all, I would like to know if the problem with enemies seeing and shooting through the surface to underground is still present in the Italy 2 mission.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:34 pm

OK Myron. I fixed the oversight with the custom Flak 88 AA gun model imported from Call of Duty 1 not having the proper destroyed version.

Please download the updated Flak 88 AA gun model again and the updated Italy 3 and Prague 2 missions as well.

I apologize for the confusion. In addition of me not playing CoD 1 for years, there were few different destroyed Flak 88 gun models in CoD1 files to choose from with similar looking names. Great job Activision! :roll:
Attachments
prague2.rar
Updated 06.10.2020
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 259 times
italy3.rar
Updated 06.10.2020
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 255 times
models.mod.rar
Fixed custom Flak 88 AA gun model from CoD1
(52.23 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:07 am

I apologize for my lateness; work has busted my chops pretty good.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:11 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:07 am
I apologize for my lateness; work has busted my chops pretty good.
OK, that is understandable. Just don't forget to download my newest Italy 3 and Prague 2 missions updates as well as the fixed Flak 88 AA gun model.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:43 pm

The ghosts of Italy 2 aren't giving up without a fight.

Standing in front of me is a German who can't see me. And my bullets can't hurt him. You can walk through the barrier and then he will engage you. But hitting from where I am is impossible.
Attachments
Picture from Bergamo #2.png
Picture from Bergamo #2.png (692.39 KiB) Viewed 9674 times
Picture from Bergamo #1.png (672.94 KiB) Viewed 9674 times