H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:17 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:56 pm
We mention movies last night that have Sean Connery, only for the man to pass away TODAY, just hours later!
Yeah, i heard about his death. It's sad. However, the memory of him will still live on in his artistic output.

Another strange coincidence by the way - today i came across the first James Bond movie "Dr. No" from 1962 while browsing through TV channels, with Sean Connery starring as Agent 007!
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 pm

I added another easter egg for you Myron - this time to the Norway 3 mission. thup01

I placed a destroyable radio in one of the guards rooms, which plays Marlene Dietrich famous song "Lilie Marlene". The song will stop playing when the radio gets destroyed. I thought, that some lonely SS soldier far from home and actual frontline would prefer to hear that nostalgic song, rather than his commanding officer voice on the radio. :mrgreen:

Unpack the sounds.mod.rar archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe).

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
norway3.rar
Updated 01.11.2020
(803.12 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
sounds.mod.rar
The "Lilie Marlene" song by Marlene Dietrich.
(5.22 MiB) Downloaded 274 times
Norway 3 radio.JPG
Norway 3 radio.JPG (99.46 KiB) Viewed 9135 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:09 pm

I replaced also the default Tiger I tank Summer model from the Germany 4 mission with the custom one imported from Call of Duty.

See picture below.

Unpack the Tiger CoD.rar archive (maps.mod and models.mod folders) into your main H&D Deluxe directory.

This is the first mission in which i am replacing the default H&D Deluxe Tiger I model. There will be more missions soon. The Germany 4 mission is simply the first one to have that change, so you could actually check the tank yourself before i make further replacements. The AI controlled crew inside the tank should work as intended.
Attachments
Tiger CoD.rar
Custom Tiger model and related textures.
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 294 times
germany4.rar
Updated 01.11.2020
(866.38 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Tiger in Germany 4.JPG
Custom Tiger I tank model from Call of Duty
Tiger in Germany 4.JPG (132.46 KiB) Viewed 9122 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 am

Okay, the Germany 4 tank will be tested. Let's see if that fixed the bug I was about to tell you about.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:53 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 am
Okay, the Germany 4 tank will be tested. Let's see if that fixed the bug I was about to tell you about.
What bug? Could you be more specific? Is that related to the Tiger tank?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:21 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:53 pm
Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 am
What bug? Could you be more specific? Is that related to the Tiger tank?
Well, two nights ago, I had my younger brother playing the game and giving me feedback, and this was with the vanilla Tiger in Germany 4, and he reported hearing "Englander!" coming from the tank, AFTER he destroyed it. It even caused the halftrack's driver to arm himself, despite still being inside the driver's seat. So far, I do not know if replacing the Tiger model fixed anything.

I do know now that the sentry near where the mission starts is now armed with a grease-gun with 1 bullet instead of a key.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:21 pm

Well, two nights ago, I had my younger brother playing the game and giving me feedback, and this was with the vanilla Tiger in Germany 4, and he reported hearing "Englander!" coming from the tank, AFTER he destroyed it. It even caused the halftrack's driver to arm himself, despite still being inside the driver's seat. So far, I do not know if replacing the Tiger model fixed anything.

I do know now that the sentry near where the mission starts is now armed with a grease-gun with 1 bullet instead of a key.
The bug with tank's crew staying alive despite their vehicle being destroyed is a common vanilla H&D Deluxe problem. I fixed it in the Germany 4 mission. I noticed in HDD editor, that the game developers addressed this issue in the missions from Fight for Freedom expansion (i.e. in the Ardenes campaign). Overall, i must say that the FFF missions are more "polished" than the ones from classic H&D 1.

As for the guard near the guard house - now he is properly equipped with the key. That was a leftover from changing items IDs in the inventory table some time ago and he accidentally received Grease Gun instead of a key. I apologize for that mistake. Thanks Myron for pointing that out!

Please download the Germany 4 mission again. I hope, that you will like my new Tiger I tank model from Call of Duty. It is more detailed than the vanilla model and it looks more realistic. I tested the custom Tiger in other missions (like Ardenes 1 and Ardenes 2) and the enemy AI could also drive it to a specific destination.
Attachments
germany4.rar
Updated 03.11.2020
(866.03 KiB) Downloaded 284 times

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:38 pm

That two bugs should really be fixed. Very strange that the invisible drivers of vehicles don't die in some cases. Also its stupid that AI passengers can take their weapons out of their bag while sitting on driver seat.
btw. the id 4 for the key is hardcoded. I experienced that some years ago when i replaced the key with a MP40 :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:34 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:38 pm
That two bugs should really be fixed. Very strange that the invisible drivers of vehicles don't die in some cases. Also its stupid that AI passengers can take their weapons out of their bag while sitting on driver seat.
btw. the id 4 for the key is hardcoded. I experienced that some years ago when i replaced the key with a MP40 :)
Don't forget also about AI drivers having troubles with following the checkpoint network while driving vehicles (famous "Tiger tank case" in the vanilla Germany 5 mission in H&D Deluxe).

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:49 pm

OK Myron. I also replaced the default Tiger tank Winter model from the Ardenes 1 mission with my custom one imported from Call of Duty.

Unpack the Tiger CoD Winter.rar archive (models.mod and maps.mod folders) into your main H&D Deluxe directory.

See picture below.
Attachments
Custom CoD Tiger Winter tactical map.png
Custom CoD Tiger Winter tactical map.png (982.28 KiB) Viewed 9051 times
ardenes1.rar
Updated 04.11.2020
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 262 times
Tiger CoD Winter.rar
Custom CoD Tiger tank Winter model and textures.
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 261 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:20 pm

In addition i replaced both default Tiger tanks Winter models in the Ardenes 2 mission with the custom one from Call of Duty.

See pictures below.
Attachments
Ardenes 2 second Tiger.JPG
Ardenes 2 second Tiger.JPG (82.83 KiB) Viewed 9040 times
Ardenes 2 first Tiger.JPG
Ardenes 2 first Tiger.JPG (95.78 KiB) Viewed 9040 times
ardenes2.rar
Updated 04.11.2020
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 265 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:45 am

It suddenly dawned on me; you know how you adopted the brown Italian uniform from Breakthrough exactly how it looks like; why did you change the helmet of the green Italian uniform? :)

And, have you thought of adopting any of the winter uniforms from Allied Assault? I remember there being two; the one that has the green trenchcoat underneath the white shirt seems rather redundent, compared to what vanilla H&D give us. Plus, I kinda hate it, because it looks a bit like a skirt, lol.

But the other white uniform, with white pants, might seem interesting to you.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:45 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:45 am
It suddenly dawned on me; you know how you adopted the brown Italian uniform from Breakthrough exactly how it looks like; why did you change the helmet of the green Italian uniform? :)

And, have you thought of adopting any of the winter uniforms from Allied Assault? I remember there being two; the one that has the green trenchcoat underneath the white shirt seems rather redundent, compared to what vanilla H&D give us. Plus, I kinda hate it, because it looks a bit like a skirt, lol.

But the other white uniform, with white pants, might seem interesting to you.
The Italian uniforms were taken from the "HIDDEN AND DANGEROUS EXTENDED" mod made by NilsZ with his permission. I don't know if he imported them from MoH: Breakthrough or not. He didn't tell me and i didn't ask to be honest.

Anyway, i am not skilled in retexturing soldiers uniforms in H&D Deluxe and i don't plan to do that.

I want to add the last type of the custom Tiger I tank model from Call of Duty into H&D Deluxe, which will be the camo version.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:57 am

Ah, okay.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:57 am

NilsZ wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:38 pm
Talk to me NilsZ, how and why did you do it? :grin: