H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:09 am

OK Myron. As i promised, beside updating the custom halftrack models i also updated the missions in which you could encounter / use them.

As a bonus i added some fuel to the Winter halftrack in the Ardenes 1 mission, so after you kill the mg gunner you could actually drive it to check the new moveable tracks. thup01

Don't forget of course to download the updated halftrack models first!

List of updated missions:

-> Danube 3

-> Ardenes 1

-> Germany 4, 5 and 6

Enjoy! Any feedback will be appreciated!
Attachments
missions.rar
Updated 25/12/2020
(6.33 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:15 pm

Thanks to NilsZ help i was able to update the Danube 4 mission and change some aspects of it. thup01

List of recent changes implemented into the Danube 4 mission:

-> disabled the MG gunners ability to abandon their posts, equip side arms and shoot back at the player (this new feature was realistic, but caused some unwanted AI behavior in this particular mission);

-> adjusted static collisions of one problematic tree near the wooden bridge that blocked the shots in a unrealistic way;

-> corrected the wrong order of words in the displayed mission's objective in-game text. Now you will see: "1. To get through the occupied partisan base and find the escape point."

That's all for now. Please download the bin.rar, data.rar and missions.rar archives and unpack their contents (folders: bin, data and missions) into your main H&D Deluxe directory. Replace files when asked.

Please report and noticeable bugs. Enjoy!
Attachments
missions.rar
Updated 02.01.2021 - Danube 4 mission
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 313 times
data.rar
Corrected Danube 4 in-game objective text display
(563.04 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
bin.rar
Updated game exe - credits for NilsZ
(710.14 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:11 pm

You forgot to mention that abandoning your MG posts is punishable by death. ;)

Ever watched this movie, Jakub?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLr37hh ... Pp&index=1

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:47 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:11 pm

LOL. Hans give me more Patronen! (reminds me of a radio speech from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault during the D-Day mission inside the bunker).

No, i never saw this movie. Was it produced by East or West Germany film studio?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:56 pm

Not sure; the American GIs seem American, though their English comes off as "wooden", as in they are real soldiers, or cheap extras, and NOT actors.

The tanks look too weird for me to identify.

As for MOH, all I could make out in that radio is a cry of alarm that "The Americans are attacking!"

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:25 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:56 pm
Not sure; the American GIs seem American, though their English comes off as "wooden", as in they are real soldiers, or cheap extras, and NOT actors.

The tanks look too weird for me to identify.

As for MOH, all I could make out in that radio is a cry of alarm that "The Americans are attacking!"
I watched only the first few parts of the "Bridge" movie after you shared it here on H&D forums - i didn't see any American soldiers or Allied equipment yet. I saw only a Kubelwagen and some trucks for a brief moment in the city with the titular bridge.

I assume, that the soldiers and equipment you saw later was simply NATO / US origin made up to look as original WW2 counterparts. From the early dialogues and maps shown in the movie i assume, that the city would be attacked later by American forces. The time period might be late Winter / early Spring 1945. The city is located in the Western part of Germany as far as i understand. I will need to see the rest of the movie to be sure, but sometimes it is hard to notice any clues from an old black and white movie in such bad 360p Youtube quality.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:58 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:11 pm

Jakub is very strict to his soldiers. They aren't allowed to leave, even if the enemy taps on their shoulder :eek:

The bridge movie is very popular in Germany. I watched it a long time ago so i don't remember everything but it was really sad.
Today I watched the film "Der Fall Gleiwitz / The case Gleiwitz". Its about the preparation of the false flag action against Germany before the war against Poland.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Jakub is very strict to his soldiers. They aren't allowed to leave, even if the enemy taps on their shoulder :eek:
Yeah, especially when they faced the wrong direction after re-occupying their MG. That is why i asked you to disable this new "vehicle leaving fix" feature. Myron reported the same bug during Danube 4 tests. It is not my fault.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:20 pm

changing the AI is like the butterfly effect. You make a small change there, and afterwards everything is messed up xD

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:21 am

There is a 21st century remake of the The Bridge, but my sources haven't been able to find an online copy yet.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:43 am

Please dont use this exe's that i made yesterday. They have a bug that makes the game crash if a explosion appears.
Here are the fixed versions.
bin.7z
(457.41 KiB) Downloaded 355 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 am

Following my recent data.dta update regarding new recoil system for weapons (credits for NilsZ) and the possibility to use most portable light-machine guns not only in the prone position i looked again into my modified missions from the H&D Deluxe campaigns starting from Danube 1.

Latest changes implemented into the Danube 1 mission:

-> removed one German MG gunner that was placed in front of the guard house closest to the mission extraction point (he was easily flanked by the player anyway);

-> equipped the first German MG gunner next to the first guard house (counting from the mission start point) with Kar98 rifle and I allowed him to abandon his MG nest in case of the direct player attack (this way he won't be that vulnerable to flank attacks);

-> decreased the accuracy of patrolling Italian soldiers to be less aimbot and more realistic;

-> decreased the range from which the Italian soldiers will open fire towards player / partisans in the forest;

Overall those changes are aimed to improve the gameplay balance of the Danube 1 mission after i received some reports from NilsZ.

My idea was to make the German soldiers in the Danube 1 mission better shooters (especially dedicated snipers armed with scoped Kar98) than "standard conscripts" Italian troops armed with non-scoped weapons. This is the first mission in my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod after all and it was too hard previously in my opinion. Now i will focus to improve the gameplay balance of the rest of the campaigns missions. This will take some time.

This particular Danube 1 update is compatible with my latest public data.dta update uploaded below and latest public game exe update uploaded by NilsZ in the previous post of this forum thread.
Attachments
danube1.rar
Updated 18.01.2021
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 232 times
data.rar
Updated 07.01.2021
(561.97 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:36 pm

Latest changes implemented into my Danube 2 mission:

-> slightly decreased the reaction skill of some patrolling enemies, to reflect the fact, that they are just gendarmes (military police) behind the actual front line, so they might be less vigilant to enemy presence;

-> slightly decreased the shooting skill of some enemies, to reflect the fact, that they are just gendarmes (military police) not trained snipers;

-> restored the enemy patrol that moves around the apartment houses (like shown on the mission video briefing), but i brought back one soldier instead of two. However, he his now armed with MP-40;

-> fixed a problem with the armored car on the square having no dedicated cannon gunner (sorry i simply overlooked that);

-> removed the patrolling enemy soldier from the 1st square counting from the mission start point (still there is the same amount of enemy soldiers or even more than in the original Danube 2 mission);

-> removed the friendly "Resistance fighter member", that was crouching on one of the town squares, because his behavior was bugged (at least in my HDD editor during testing).

Known bugs left:

-> for some reason when you dress up in a stolen German uniform and then change back to the SAS uniform you will have a Boys Anti-tank rifle (!) with one bullet instead in your inventory. I don't know exactly what is causing this bug and how to fix it at the moment. Treat it for now as an easter egg. ;)
Attachments
danube2.rar
Updated 18.01.2021
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 311 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:37 am

Oooh, I kept forgetting about that armored car.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:40 am

NilsZ wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:43 am
Please dont use this exe's that i made yesterday. They have a bug that makes the game crash if a explosion appears.
Here are the fixed versions.

bin.7z
Ah ha, so that's the what caused my crash.

Yes, a panzerschreck was fired, I heard the round whiz past, and when the hit happened, I crashed.