H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by Myron » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:04 am

NilsZ wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:24 pm
Myron wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:25 am
Ah, is that what makes the difference between the civilians in Italy 2 and 3 and the civilians in Prague 1?
yes, its defined in the source code.
I made new cheats that can change the recognition of friends and enemies:
hippie - everyone will be a friend, the war is finally over :grin:
riot - everyone will attack other humans, except players
Okay, so, what about a "civilian" who stands still, and then moves?

In Norway 4, the Officer has two bodyguards in winter camo come to protect him if certain alarms get raised. As long as he stands still, it's all okay.

But if I trick an enemy into making the officer so much as take a single step forward, which makes him climb the desk, the enemy considers him an enemy and guns him down. Why is that?

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Thats because he changes his program from GUARD or NONE to MOVE. This will make him be recognized as enemy to other enemies. I don't know why they made it like that.
I think it would be much better to add a new "pure" civilian class, which could do everything without be recognized as enemy.
Also the russians in prague campaign are friendly to the scientist. Normally they should attack him because he is wearing a german uniform and the instructor tells that they won't like him.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:04 am
NilsZ wrote:
Myron wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:25 am
Ah, is that what makes the difference between the civilians in Italy 2 and 3 and the civilians in Prague 1?

In Norway 4, the Officer has two bodyguards in winter camo come to protect him if certain alarms get raised. As long as he stands still, it's all okay.

But if I trick an enemy into making the officer so much as take a single step forward, which makes him climb the desk, the enemy considers him an enemy and guns him down. Why is that?
How you managed Myron to force the bunker commander to climb the desk? Could you be more specific? I am just curious. :mrgreen:
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:45 pm
Myron wrote:
NilsZ wrote:

How you managed Myron to force the bunker commander to climb the desk? Could you be more specific? I am just curious. :mrgreen:
It's easy, but risky.
You exit the officer's office, and remain in sight of the Germans in the briefing room, e.g., one of the mechanics. After a while, he yells out, "Englander!", and shoots at me, either missing or wounding me, while I make a run for it back into the Officer's office.

This may have nothing to do with it, but whenever I did this, I was wearing the same uniform as the Officer.

I would run back into the office, and then sit still and pose side-by-side the Commander, right behind the desk. The pursuing enemy would enter the room, and starting around, "inspecting" us, clearly confused, and he would keep running back and forth, bumping into me and his commander, until finally the commander took a step forward, climbing the desk, in order to get out of the Soldier's way.

The soldier then yells out "Englander" again, guns down the commander, and then casually walks back to the briefing room, satisfied that he got his man. :mrgreen:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:45 pm
Myron wrote:

It's easy, but risky.
You exit the officer's office, and remain in sight of the Germans in the briefing room, e.g., one of the mechanics. After a while, he yells out, "Englander!", and shoots at me, either missing or wounding me, while I make a run for it back into the Officer's office.

This may have nothing to do with it, but whenever I did this, I was wearing the same uniform as the Officer.

I would run back into the office, and then sit still and pose side-by-side the Commander, right behind the desk. The pursuing enemy would enter the room, and starting around, "inspecting" us, clearly confused, and he would keep running back and forth, bumping into me and his commander, until finally the commander took a step forward, climbing the desk, in order to get out of the Soldier's way.

The soldier then yells out "Englander" again, guns down the commander, and then casually walks back to the briefing room, satisfied that he got his man. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the reply Myron! thup01

LOL - H&D Deluxe enemy AI at its finest. funny02

"Hans, we found ze traitor!" :mrgreen:
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:24 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 pm
It's easy, but risky.

lol, very nice idea xD

my favourite walkthrough for norway4 is just running straight to the exit with one man. The alarm will be raised but the incoming soldiers will run into the complex and ignore you :mrgreen:
*shake hands brothers*

The guy from the speedrun video is glitching inside the bunker by using the opel blitz. Also very crazy idea.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:51 pm

Danube 4
My profile is Easy,

So far, I think one problem with having the MG gunners be armed is that when they go back to idle status, which means going back to using the MG, is that they are often facing off into a completely incorrect direction.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:18 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:51 pm
Danube 4
My profile is Easy,

So far, I think one problem with having the MG gunners be armed is that when they go back to idle status, which means going back to using the MG, is that they are often facing off into a completely incorrect direction.
Sadly i also noticed this. Maybe NilsZ will know how to fix that.

I tried few solutions, but no luck so far. :sad:

I asked NilsZ about this via private message some time ago, but he didn't reply. Actually i am not an author of this new AI behaviour, so i don't know the exact mechanics details.

If i could, i would fix this issue by myself, but i never worked with the source code myself. NilsZ is a better H&D Deluxe modder than me after all. This is one of the main reasons, why i considered to abandon H&D Deluxe modding at all. People just expect too much from me. This is not my kind of modding stuff. I simply don't have time and skills to learn all of that coding. I am better with other things: like adding custom vehicles and weapons.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:52 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:18 am
Myron wrote:
Danube 4
My profile is Easy,

I asked NilsZ about this via private message some time ago, but he didn't reply. Actually i am not an author of this new AI behaviour, so i don't know the exact mechanics details.

If i could, i would fix this issue by myself, but i never worked with the source code myself. NilsZ is a better H&D Deluxe modder than me after all. This is one of the main reasons, why i considered to abandon H&D Deluxe modding at all. People just expect too much from me. This is not my kind of modding stuff. I simply don't have time and skills to learn all of that coding. I am better with other things: like adding custom vehicles and weapons.
Indeed; and I love you for it. :)

Please, do not quit; take heart. :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:15 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:52 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:18 am
Myron wrote:
Danube 4
My profile is Easy,

Indeed; and I love you for it. :)

Please, do not quit; take heart. :grin:
Thanks for kind words Myron! thup01

Your words reminded me of a certain scene from a well-known fantasy movie:

-> Take my sword!

-> Take my axe!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:17 pm

LOL, right.

I feel like suggesting the PzIV from World at War, but again, I feel that the King Tiger would be left looking, well, old.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:39 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:17 pm
LOL, right.

I feel like suggesting the PzIV from World at War, but again, I feel that the King Tiger would be left looking, well, old.
Meanwhile i looked into the King Tiger tank model from CoD: WaW. It looks really nice, but the model itself is quite complicated for further editing i would say (i.e. has lots of individual parts). Not to mention, that the Winter version looks strange to me and i didn't find original destroyed Winter version in CoD: WaW game files. Better to leave the MOHAA King Tiger and MOHAA / Spearhead Panzer IV model for at least some consistency.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:36 pm

I don't suppose a pit can be made somewhere in Danube 4, to serve as a mass grave for the dead partisans, and for the ones about to be executed now that they are finished digging and dragging?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:35 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:36 pm
I don't suppose a pit can be made somewhere in Danube 4, to serve as a mass grave for the dead partisans, and for the ones about to be executed now that they are finished digging and dragging?
There is already a "partisans mass grave" added by me into the Danube 4 mission. See picture below.

I don't plan anymore changes in the Danube 4 mission regarding the partisans. I explained why i removed the captured partisans in one of my previous posts in this topic. I don't want the Danube 4 mission to be too complex, making the enemy AI behavior unpredictable in unwanted way.

I need to focus now on other more important things - like fixing the bug with stationary MG gunners behavior. Maybe i will figure that out eventually.

Today is 24th December, so i don't expect that i will have enough free time to look at it. All in all i prefer to look into my family faces sitting at table during the Christmas dinner (with 12 meals to choose from like the Polish tradition indicates) instead of looking into AI bots faces of H&D Deluxe.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
partisans mass grave.JPG
partisans mass grave.JPG (115.94 KiB) Viewed 10486 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:24 am

Fair enough. LOL