H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:18 pm

OK Myron. As i promised, i also replaced the default Sherman tank models in the Ardenes 3 mission with the custom one imported from Call of Duty: United Offensive.

See picture below as an example. Of course i also replaced those 2 default Sherman tanks from the US column that arrive at the end of the Ardenes 3 mission.
Attachments
ardenes3.rar
Updated 19.11.2020
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 308 times
Sherman CoD Ardenes 3.JPG
An usable custom Sherman with fuel and ammo.
Sherman CoD Ardenes 3.JPG (77.18 KiB) Viewed 9181 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Lastly, i added a custom Sherman tank Summer version wreck imported from Call of Duty: United Offensive into the Greece 2 mission.

See picture below.
Attachments
greece2.rar
Updated 19.11.2020
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 291 times
Sherman CoD Greece 2.JPG
Sherman CoD Greece 2.JPG (87.79 KiB) Viewed 9179 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:27 pm

Uh, Greece 2, how does the Jeep get through if the dead Sherman is there?

As for Ardennes 3, will the reinforcements be driving at caustious speed, or full speed? https://youtu.be/uVwFN1Tap7k?t=175 They can be quite fast.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:31 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:27 pm
Uh, Greece 2, how does the Jeep get through if the dead Sherman is there?

As for Ardennes 3, will the reinforcements be driving at caustious speed, or full speed? https://youtu.be/uVwFN1Tap7k?t=175 They can be quite fast.
You just bypass the tank using the left side (or maybe even the riverbed). I always did that with the SAS jeep in the Greece 2 mission to avoid the anti-tank mines.

The US reinforcements will drive at their default "slow speed" - i didn't change the default settings. I was afraid, that the AI tank driver will have problems with pathfinding, which would look stupid when camera gets close. I didn't want the infamous "Tiger Germany 5 scenario" to repeat.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:55 pm

Fair enough; and I call that, "cautious speed". :cool:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm

By the way i updated today my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod on the ModDB website. It is currently 1.2 version. thup01

Hopefully, i will get more feedback from the people which downloaded and used my mod than before. Of course i realize that H&D Deluxe is a "forgotten game" (just like some of the weapons shown on the Youtube channel "Forgotten weapons"), but it is always nice to be appreciated for the modding work. Someday i might shift to modding H&D 2, since they released an unofficial H&D 2 map editor and related tools during this week. We will see.

As a side note, i should point out, that much to my surprise, i found out some time ago, that my mod was uploaded on different websites without my permission. Example: https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=74025 So it looks like, that my mod was downloaded more than ~200 times, despite the ModDB download counter, lol. I am really curious about opinions from all those hundreds of people that were/are using my mod. Probably i will never find out.funny01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:43 am

OK Myron. As i promised, i updated the Prague 1 and Prague 2 missions. thup01

Unpack the King Tiger MOHAA.rar archive (models.mod and maps.mod folders) into your main H&D Deluxe directory.

Even though there is no actual possibility to drive the custom King Tiger model in H&D Deluxe, i also fixed problems related to its driving. Who knows, maybe i will use this model in one of my future addons.

I tested the updated King Tiger tank model in the Ardenes 1 mission, where it wreaked havoc among enemy troops. :mrgreen:
Attachments
King Tiger MOHAA.rar
Updated King Tiger model and related textures.
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
King Tiger Prague 1.JPG
I repositioned the tank a bit. Still T-34 stood no chance.
King Tiger Prague 1.JPG (97.79 KiB) Viewed 9095 times
missions.rar
22/11/2020 Updated Prague 1 and Prague 2 missions.
(4.47 MiB) Downloaded 292 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:35 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm
By the way i updated today my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod on the ModDB website. It is currently 1.2 version. thup01

Hopefully, i will get more feedback from the people which downloaded and used my mod than before. Of course i realize that H&D Deluxe is a "forgotten game" (just like some of the weapons shown on the Youtube channel "Forgotten weapons"), but it is always nice to be appreciated for the modding work. Someday i might shift to modding H&D 2, since they released an unofficial H&D 2 map editor and related tools during this week. We will see.

As a side note, i should point out, that much to my surprise, i found out some time ago, that my mod was uploaded on different websites without my permission. Example: https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=74025 So it looks like, that my mod was downloaded more than ~200 times, despite the ModDB download counter, lol. I am really curious about opinions from all those hundreds of people that were/are using my mod. Probably i will never find out.funny01
On one hand, I want to yell out, "What the fuck?! What is this "version 2.7?!" no_02

But on the other hand... they are giving you the credit; they include your name, a link to your profile, and everything. thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:07 pm

OK Myron. Like i promised, i added a custom King Tiger tank Winter model into the Ardenes 2 mission. I removed the Opel Blitz truck wreck and the halftrack from the bridge to make room for the new tank.

See picture below.

Unpack the King Tiger MOHAA Winter.rar archive (models.mod and maps.mod folders) into your main H&D Deluxe directory.
Attachments
ardenes2.rar
Updated 23.11.2020
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 295 times
King Tiger MOHAA Winter.rar
King Tiger Winter model and textures.
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
King Tiger Ardenes 2.JPG
MOHAA King Tiger model with custom Winter textures.
King Tiger Ardenes 2.JPG (87.17 KiB) Viewed 9069 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:20 am

Okay, so, you didn't delete the trucks and halftracks did you?

Maybe they can fit elsewhere on the map. :)

Have you given any thought towards the other two half-track models that Spearhead provides?

Also, I was thinking; maybe you could make the Tiger Royal strong enough to take 4 rockets to the front to defeat? :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:43 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:20 am
Okay, so, you didn't delete the trucks and halftracks did you?

Maybe they can fit elsewhere on the map. :)

Have you given any thought towards the other two half-track models that Spearhead provides?

Also, I was thinking; maybe you could make the Tiger Royal strong enough to take 4 rockets to the front to defeat? :grin:
As i wrote before, i deleted the Opel Blitz truck wreck and halftrack from the bridge to make room for the King Tiger.

One MOH:SP halftrack model is just a mobile Nebelwerfer, the second one mounts an anti-tank weapon. I am not interested in putting them in H&D Deluxe.

As i wrote before, vehicles in H&D Deluxe doesn't have "hit detection system" unlike i.e. tanks from Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood. You could destroy a tank in H&D Deluxe no matter which spot you hit. In my opinion further increasing the King Tiger resistance to damage in H&D Deluxe doesn't make sense.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 am

Well, there has to be a difference; as the King Tiger has heavier armor than even a regular Tiger.

I know you removed the Winter-Halftrack, but I was hoping the model wouldn't go to waste.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:54 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 am
I know you removed the Winter-Halftrack, but I was hoping the model wouldn't go to waste.
You could still encounter the custom Winter halftrack in my modified Ardenes 1 mission. I don't see a problem here.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:56 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:54 am
Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 am
You could still encounter the custom Winter halftrack in my modified Ardenes 1 mission. I don't see a problem here.
Touché. I forgot about that one.

Plus, unlike the Tiger I, the Tiger II's armor is sloped.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:28 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:56 am
Plus, unlike the Tiger I, the Tiger II's armor is sloped.
Yes, i know that. Playing a tank simulator (Panzer Elite) in the past, i am aware that Tiger tanks are formidable opponents. If i saw one during the US campaign i pressed reverse gear and call artillery support. During one engagement, Tiger wiped out my entire tank platoon without being even scratched.

OK Myron, if you really insist. :roll:

So, i increased the King Tiger tank resistance to damage from 6000 to 10000. During my test it withstood 2 direct bazooka hits, being blown up by the third shot. We need to agree on some compromise on tank's resistance to damage, unless we want H&D Deluxe tanks to be like their bugged H&D 2 counterparts (medium tanks like Panzer III could withstand multiple portable anti-tank weapons hits to the sides, which is bullshit and really annoying particurarly on multiplayer mode). Yeasterday for example, i was forced to crawl half of the Libya 3 map to get behind Panzer III in order to destroy it with bazooka. Few other players failed to blow it up, despite numerous confirmed hits on various tank parts.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 24/11/2020 - increased King Tiger resistance to damage
(562.18 KiB) Downloaded 167 times