H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
NilsZ
Major

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:49 pm

I guess you like the new changes, jakub :)

It makes me unhappy that the game is now unstable. I still couldn't find the reason for this rare crashes.
It happens every time in the greece4 mission when you enter the bunker (of course if the feature is enabled). I don't know what is difference there...

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:56 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:49 pm
I guess you like the new changes, jakub :)

It makes me unhappy that the game is now unstable. I still couldn't find the reason for this rare crashes.
It happens every time in the greece4 mission when you enter the bunker (of course if the feature is enabled). I don't know what is difference there...
Yes, i like those new AI features. thup01

So, you say that enabling either "invest.dead friends" or "invest.dead enemies" in the HDD Editor for Greece 4 mission makes it crash? I honestly only tested this feature in Italy 1, Italy 2 and Norway 1 missions so far. Everything was ok.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:36 am

Meanwhile i replaced the default armored railway car model with my edited one.

List of updated missions:

- Danube 3

- Italy 3 and 4;

- Norway 1
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Edited armored railway car model
(64 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
missions.rar
Updated 18.10.2020
(4.97 MiB) Downloaded 249 times

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:27 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:56 pm
Yes, i like those new AI features. thup01

So, you say that enabling either "invest.dead friends" or "invest.dead enemies" in the HDD Editor for Greece 4 mission makes it crash? I honestly only tested this feature in Italy 1, Italy 2 and Norway 1 missions so far. Everything was ok.
I played through the whole campaign using this both features. It crashed rarely in greece campaign but always in greece4. At least never in the other campaigns. Maybe greek partisans don't like this feature :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:48 pm

OK Myron. Without further ado, i added a custom Opel Blitz truck model (Summer version) from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault into the Danube 1 mission.

I placed the truck near the second guard house, close to the mission extraction point. It is driveable with fuel. I didn't put it near the first guard house, because the mission would be too easy - if we are able to simply run over all enemy patrols and head straight towards the bridge, without sneaking or fighting our way through.

I will be adding or replacing custom Opel Blitz truck model from MOH: AA (both Summer and Winter versions) in other H&D Deluxe missions too. The Danube 1 mission is the first one, so the truck could be tested accordingly.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Opel Blitz truck model (Summer version)
(142.21 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
maps.mod.rar
Opel Blitz truck textures (Summer version)
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
danube1.rar
Updated 22.10.2020
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 238 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:29 am

To whomever is currently giving back the soldiers their default faces, I thank you ever so much. Please keep it up. One of my men, Robert Vanguard, has his face back!

The other three still have what looks like the original vanilla face but without the mustache.

Also, THANK YOU for having limbs get lost when killed by an explosion! If I were a woman, I'd kiss you!

Jakub, the new spring truck in Danube is AWESOME. And thanks for doing the logical thing by adding fuel to it. One thing I must point out; the men in the far back of the truck are standing instead of kneeling. I dunno if that is meant to be.

To the 10 guests reading this, PLEASE make a profile here and give some feedback and suggestions of your own. :)

EDIT: Make that 15 guests in addition to myself.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:34 am

I need to amend what I said about the faces.

I just completed Italy 3, and I noticed that the faces seem to change whenever I must load because I died.

Also on Italy 3, I noticed that unless the AI are walking, their feet are sunk into the earth, up to the ankle.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:36 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:29 am
To whomever is currently giving back the soldiers their default faces, I thank you ever so much. Please keep it up. One of my men, Robert Vanguard, has his face back!

The other three still have what looks like the original vanilla face but without the mustache.

Also, THANK YOU for having limbs get lost when killed by an explosion! If I were a woman, I'd kiss you!

Jakub, the new spring truck in Danube is AWESOME. And thanks for doing the logical thing by adding fuel to it. One thing I must point out; the men in the far back of the truck are standing instead of kneeling. I dunno if that is meant to be.
It was NilsZ attempt to try to restore original soldier faces - he partially achieved that goal. Blowing bodies to pieces was a feature added by him.

Thanks for the feedback about my custom Opel Blitz truck! The unarmed 4 passengers in the far back of the truck are supposed to stand, while the other 2 armed passengers should crouch. This will help to "steady their aim". There is no bench inside the truck cargo bed to sit on it.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:42 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:34 am
Also on Italy 3, I noticed that unless the AI are walking, their feet are sunk into the earth, up to the ankle.
Hmm. I will check that. Looks like i placed the human models too low on the ground. Should be easily fixable.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 am

I checked my latest Italy 3 update. Except for just one German stationary guard - who has double-searchlight on trailer on his back, all the other soldiers (including my SAS team) didn't have "their feet sunk into the earth, up to the ankle" while standing still.

Anyway, I looked again to ALL stationary guards in the Italy 3 mission and i adjusted their position on the ground.

However, i noticed (in contrary to your observations), that unless the enemy soldiers stand still - their feet sunk slightly into the ground while they are walking. Really nothing that seriously impacts the gameplay after all. I checked that in the HDD editor. It could have something to do with the terrain static collisions or the soles of soldier's shoes are too soft, lol.
Attachments
Picture from Piemonte #1.png
Picture from Piemonte #1.png (549.97 KiB) Viewed 10627 times
italy3.rar
Updated 23.10.2020
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 236 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am

OK. Let's continue on.

This time i edited the Danube 2 mission: i added a custom stationary Opel Blitz truck in front of the building with flags (probably a local Gestapo headquarters). I also replaced default Opel Blitz truck parked on one of the city streets with the custom MOH: AA model.

The stationary version of the custom Opel Blitz truck uses the same textures as the driveable one. I just made the model simpler - removing all unnecessary parts related to driving. Static collisions also match the static model better. Both truck models (stationary and driveable) look identical though. Those removed elements were not visible in the game after all.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Stationary custom Opel Blitz model from MOH:AA.
(141.41 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
danube2.rar
Updated 23.10.2020
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 232 times

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:29 am

To the 10 guests reading this, PLEASE make a profile here and give some feedback and suggestions of your own. :)

EDIT: Make that 15 guests in addition to myself.
The face bug was a result of the technical change that models got bones in HD-Deluxe. The bug is now semi-fixed, that means that still no one can have his individual face, but the same player model can change its face to another one. So als sas1.i3d have the same face. If all the players have a different model file, they will also have a different face.
Anyway the old script from HD classic is crashing the game if it is use again.

>>Also, THANK YOU for having limbs get lost when killed by an explosion! If I were a woman, I'd kiss you!
I wonder that jakub enabled that feature :lol: he doesn't like it

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:40 pm
>>Also, THANK YOU for having limbs get lost when killed by an explosion! If I were a woman, I'd kiss you!
I wonder that jakub enabled that feature :lol: he doesn't like it
Yeah, i did that by accident. I only realized that when Myron mentioned it. :roll:

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:09 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 pm
Yeah, i did that by accident. I only realized that when Myron mentioned it. :roll:
So you won't get a kiss from myrons female version :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:40 am

Augh, what's wrong with blowing limbs and heads off?