H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:33 am

Myron wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:11 am
I am so torn between nostalgia & tradition vs. the practical & continuity.
Well, i think that the new halftrack model with Summer camo fits well in the Germany 4 mission. It has even similar camouflage like the default Kubelwagen model parked nearby.

As for the Germany 5 new mission picture - in reality we weren't chase by 2 Tiger tanks in that mission anyway and in-game you simply cannot survive a close explosion like the one shown on the default Germany 5 mission picture. By the way the instructor saying "we have the entire motorised brigade on our tails" is an exaggeration to say the least, lol.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 am

OK Myron. As i promised i updated today my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod on Mod DB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 am

Good news to any and all guests reading this. The mod works perfectly on the Steam version of Deluxe!

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:38 am

Myron wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 am
Good news to any and all guests reading this. The mod works perfectly on the Steam version of Deluxe!
This is the newest version of my mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... imate-mod1

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:50 pm

Myron wrote:
You mean the Action Pack?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:12 am

NilsZ wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:50 pm
Myron wrote:
You mean the Action Pack?
Yes, though when you click "play", you must then click the "Deluxe".

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:53 pm

It has occurred to me recently.

What are the Quad 20mm models like in Spearhead and Breakthrough?

I ask because I remember now that you got the current AAA models for the Ultimate Overhaul before you started borrowing models from the MOH games.

andoodle
Private

Unread post by andoodle » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:15 am

Sorry to answer your question in Mr. Jakub88's place, Myron, but I know, all too well, what those quad-mount Flakvierling 38 cannons were like in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Spearhead and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Breakthrough.

To fire them, you have to press and hold down the left-mouse-button to fire (just like with an automatic rifle, sub-machine gun, and/or machine gun), but as you hold down the left-mouse-button to fire the Flakvierling 38, you'll have to wait a few seconds for the cannons to warm up together, so that once the icon for the cannon(s) is completely orange or red, the cannon will start "laying down a lot of automatic fire." Plus, those guns never run out of ammo in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Spearhead and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Breakthrough. However, in this "Ultimate Overhaul" mod that may, or may not, still be worked on, the Flakvierling 38 cannons might actually have a limited amount of ammunition, but that is another story.

Sorry for stealing the spotlight, but I thought that I would inform you based on my experience with such Medal of Honor computer games as this. Thank you for your time. Carry on.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 am

Okay.....
No, I was not inquiring as to whether or not the weapons could fire; I already know they can't.

I am just interested in replacing the current anti-aircraft 88s and quad 20mm's with their MOH counterparts, especially since they have a destroyed-model.

The current model for a destroyed emplacement is simply the intact model with burnt black paint all over it.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 am

Myron wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 am
Okay.....
No, I was not inquiring as to whether or not the weapons could fire; I already know they can't.

I am just interested in replacing the current anti-aircraft 88s and quad 20mm's with their MOH counterparts, especially since they have a destroyed-model.

The current model for a destroyed emplacement is simply the intact model with burnt black paint all over it.
Well, i didn't mod H&D Deluxe for quite some time actually, but i could try to import MOH Flak 20 mm and Flak 88 and replace the existing in-game models. I need to check if i have still MOH Warchest installed, lol.

As for my destroyed Flak 20 and Flak 88 models being "simply the intact model with burnt black paint all over it" - there are still looking better than default H&D Deluxe models. The destroyed versions of the custom AA guns that i found on the Internet weren't available, so i was forced to make my own versions. It is not as simple as it sounds, especially when the custom model consists of only one part. In my opinion, some destroyed versions of the original Medal of Honor models aren't good looking too...

I will continue the discussion in the "Guns thread": viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38003&start=330

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:01 am

I think I figured it out.
If my calculations are correct, the last part of the "invisible hole" where the tower MG can kill me is right below the eastern Mercedes truck.
Attachments
Picture from Bergamo #4.png
Picture from Bergamo #4.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 11820 times
Picture from Bergamo #3.png
Picture from Bergamo #3.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 11820 times
Picture from Bergamo #2.png
Picture from Bergamo #2.png (757.58 KiB) Viewed 11820 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:24 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:01 am
I think I figured it out.
If my calculations are correct, the last part of the "invisible hole" where the tower MG can kill me is right below the eastern Mercedes truck.
Thanks for pointing this out - i didn't know that this problem still exists.

I added additional collision volumes to the sewer tunnel roof (to the long straight part of the sewers shown on your picture). No bullets should get through now.

Hopefully, the problem is now solved once and for all. Please download the updated Italy 2 mission attached below.
Attachments
italy2.rar
Updated 01.10.2020
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 226 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 pm

So, i implemented the custom Flak 38 and Flak 88 AA guns from Call of Duty 1 into H&D Deluxe missions by replacing the previous models.

They fit very well into the game in my opinion.

See pictures below. :cool:

I am waiting for your feedback Myron and then i will update my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod on ModDB, so you will be able to actually see those new AA guns in the game.

Full list of the updated missions:

- Italy 1, 2, 3 and 4;

- Poland 1

- Ardenes 1

- Prague 1 and 2
Attachments
Prague 2 AA gun.JPG
Prague 2 AA gun.JPG (63.64 KiB) Viewed 11797 times
Italy 3 AA guns.JPG
Italy 3 AA guns.JPG (79.5 KiB) Viewed 11797 times
Italy 2 AA gun.JPG
Italy 2 AA gun.JPG (93.72 KiB) Viewed 11797 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:00 am

Okay, from here, I hear someone shooting a bolt action rifle, probably from the 3-man patrol. The bullets never reach me though. I don't even hear the impact.
Attachments
Picture from Bergamo #1.png
Picture from Bergamo #1.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 11781 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:20 am

From here, I can hear the south-west tower shooting. Never hurts me, nor do I hear the impact.
Attachments
Picture from Bergamo #2.png
Picture from Bergamo #2.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 11780 times