H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Soldiers.

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Soldiers.

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Are you absolutely certain it's impossible to transplant these soldiers from FFF into Deluxe? I miss them.

They would make an excellent addition to the "Soldier Selection" part.
Attachments
Screen6.jpg
Screen6.jpg (433.6 KiB) Viewed 112615 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Soldiers.

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 pm
Are you absolutely certain it's impossible to transplant these soldiers from FFF into Deluxe? I miss them.

They would make an excellent addition to the "Soldier Selection" part.

As far as i know this is impossible. There is no way to open classic FFF files using HD Editor from H&D Deluxe.

Maybe there is other way, but i really don't know.

P.S. Don't make so many new separate threads, i will get heart attack while trying to keep up with all those new posts that came almost every single minute.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:15 pm

:mrgreen:
I apologize.
I make separate threads because it's hard for me to keep track. Separation makes organization easier. But I think I can see how it makes it harder for the mod maker.

I will make only one more thread, as it will concern the missions. Your mission overhauls are brilliant, but they lack (or seem to lack certain things), and I think starting from scratch might be easier than upgrading your current missions.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:15 pm
:mrgreen:
I apologize.
I make separate threads because it's hard for me to keep track. Separation makes organization easier. But I think I can see how it makes it harder for the mod maker.

I will make only one more thread, as it will concern the missions. Your mission overhauls are brilliant, but they lack (or seem to lack certain things), and I think starting from scratch might be easier than upgrading your current missions.

Well, don't be so eager. We will see if your proposals could be implemented and if i have will to do it. In fact making a mission from scratch is a tremendous work and it is actually harder than editing an existing one.

It is funny to hear from someone who probably never made any H&D Deluxe add-on, that my add-ons "lack certain things". Maybe make an add-on on your own? We will see if it "lacks" or not "certain things".

I made more than 50 (!) H&D Deluxe add-ons so far - how many you made? Of course, i am not counting the edited stock H&D Deluxe missions, that i made before: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2589. Where you been all that time when i was creating them? Why you didn't give me any feedback, proposals? It is easy now to criticize after all those months (years).
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Well, when I say "from scratch", I don't mean an empty ground. I mean using an unchanged mission map from the campaign. You know, the stock missions.

I mean no offense.
Maybe I need to write it differently.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Italy 3, the railway station. You added MG nests and snipers, VERY awesome. But did you also make the Panzer IVs drivable?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:35 pm
Well, when I say "from scratch", I don't mean an empty ground. I mean using an unchanged mission map from the campaign. You know, the stock missions.

I mean no offense.
Maybe I need to write it differently.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Italy 3, the railway station. You added MG nests and snipers, VERY awesome. But did you also make the Panzer IVs drivable?

That would be just too easy to just drive over those German soldiers and blast them with tank's cannon - as they have no anti-tanks weapons and guns to their disposal. That would be a new meaning to the therm "Blitzkrieg", lol.

In fact, most of the stock H&D Deluxe missions are pure historical fiction, except maybe the Norwegian and Yugoslavian campaign.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Historical-fiction.
Historical-fantasy would have me casting fireballs on the Germans with my hands. :lol:

Well it makes no sense to ship tanks with no fuel off to battle.

It won't be "too easy", because in order to reach the tanks, I would have to fight through those MG nests you set up and all those snipers to reach them.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 pm
Historical-fiction.
Historical-fantasy would have me casting fireballs on the Germans with my hands. :lol:

Well it makes no sense to ship tanks with no fuel off to battle.

It won't be "too easy", because in order to reach the tanks, I would have to fight through those MG nests you set up and all those snipers to reach them.

It is your vision and your opinion. They could also put the fuel into railway cisterns and who said, that those tanks went directly into the battle?

Maybe make yourself just a single H&D Deluxe add-on and then we could compare them together - whose is better, lol.

Please do not cling to any single word that i write here. I am not a graduate of English studies from Harvard or Oxford. Let me see, if you could write in Polish, just the same way as i am writing in English. Maybe i will try a troll behavior instead? What do you think? Sounds fun.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:12 pm

I am not trolling you. I am just teaching you a little bit, Tovarish. A nice little touch-up to your English skill. thup01

I LOVE the changes you made to the missions. :grin: Adding snipers to that water-tower was a good idea. I simply desire a little bit more. frown01

I will say it again, get a Steam account (an account is free), and I shall buy you the game of your choice, ( I care not the cost) as my thanks to you. smile01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:12 pm
I am not trolling you. I am just teaching you a little bit, Tovarish. A nice little touch-up to your English skill. thup01

I LOVE the changes you made to the missions. :grin: Adding snipers to that water-tower was a good idea. I simply desire a little bit more. frown01

I will say it again, get a Steam account (an account is free), and I shall buy you the game of your choice, ( I care not the cost) as my thanks to you. smile01

As i wrote before: there is no need for that.

Moreover, modding is not an another way of earning money.

H&D Deluxe is available free of charge and i have no rights to use the work of game developers (like HD Editor) and make profits.

If i decide to help you, it would be only my decision, not because i was tempted by an offer.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Indeed, it's illegal to profit, but when someone does me a service, I feel indebted. That's all.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:23 pm

I sent you today a PM. Please check it. Thank you in advance.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:34 pm

I edited the default "SAS arctic uniform model" - see attached picture below. :cool:

I plan to replace the default SAS uniforms used in the Ardenes campaign with my edited one. Do you like it Myron?

Below i attached the models.mod.rar archive that contains the edited SAS arctic uniform model.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Edited SAS winter uniform model.
(20.9 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
sas winter.JPG
Changed helmet, added backpack and ammo pouches.
sas winter.JPG (36.64 KiB) Viewed 108418 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:25 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:34 pm
I edited the default "SAS arctic uniform model" - see attached picture below. :cool:

I plan to replace the default SAS uniforms used in the Ardenes campaign with my edited one. Do you like it Myron?

Below i attached the models.mod.rar archive that contains the edited SAS arctic uniform model.
Wow. :shock:
You did what I totally didn't see coming.

You combined the "good parts" of both uniforms and came out with an awesome combination! :grin:

But for variety's sake, the uniforms of Norway remain the way they are, right?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:52 am

Myron wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:25 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:34 pm

Wow. :shock:
You did what I totally didn't see coming.

You combined the "good parts" of both uniforms and came out with an awesome combination! :grin:

But for variety's sake, the uniforms of Norway remain the way they are, right?
I am glad that you like it. :grin:

So i will replace the default SAS uniforms in the Ardenes campaign with the edited ones.

I won't change the default SAS uniforms of the Norwegian campaign.