H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:37 pm

I imported the Tiger I model from Call of Duty 1 into 3ds max.

See pictures below.

"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:37 am

Pics 2 and 3 are from snowy environments?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:04 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:37 am
Pics 2 and 3 are from snowy environments?
No. Only picture nr. 3.

All the Tiger I models in Call of Duty seem to share the same intact model with 3 different paint schemes (normal, camo and Winter) and the same destroyed model (picture nr. 4). The Tiger seen on the picture nr. 2 could be encountered in Call of Duty in example in St. Mere Eglise mission (US campaign).

See pictures below to have a better look of the Tiger I models that I imported from Call of Duty into H&D Deluxe.

However, they are still far of being usable in the game itself (either as a stationary or drivable vehicles). Work in progress.
Attachments
Tigers CoD back.JPG
Tigers CoD back.JPG (46.35 KiB) Viewed 12974 times
Tigers CoD side.JPG
Tigers CoD side.JPG (45.99 KiB) Viewed 12974 times
Tigers CoD front.JPG
Tigers CoD front.JPG (45.06 KiB) Viewed 12974 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am

Hmm, for the sake of variety, I think the MoH destroyed model of the Tiger I should also be used, that way no two wrecks look identical. Ironically, that would mean doing what Vanilla H&D already does; having two different destroyed Tiger I models.

I just remembered; in Spearhead, right when the halftrack you're stealing exits the facility, there is a tank carcass in the snow; a Sherman. You can see it at 0:28 here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya6Nn7DlBfU

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:31 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am
Hmm, for the sake of variety, I think the MoH destroyed model of the Tiger I should also be used, that way no two wrecks look identical. Ironically, that would mean doing what Vanilla H&D already does; having two different destroyed Tiger I models.
Sorry, but i will not do that. Destroyed Tiger I model from CoD looks way different than destroyed Tiger I model from MoH. That would be just waste of my time. I need to continue the work on Tiger I imported from CoD. H&D Deluxe is an tactical shooter not a tank simulator after all.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:41 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:31 am
Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am
Sorry, but i will not do that. Destroyed Tiger I model from CoD looks way different than destroyed Tiger I model from MoH. That would be just waste of my time. I need to continue the work on Tiger I imported from CoD. H&D Deluxe is an tactical shooter not a tank simulator after all.
I know they look different; I am simply suggesting for areas where the tank spawns as "already destroyed".

What about the two other halftrack types Spearhead introduces; the one with the auto-cannon, and the other with rockets? They might make nice destroyable props. There is also an American truck visible at the end of the video I sent you.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:14 pm

Great news Myron!

I managed to make the Tiger I tank imported from Call of Duty driveable and destroyable in H&D Deluxe on my first attempt. thup01

The custom tank is similar in size to the original model, having also 2 seats for the crew (driver and gunner).

Now i only need to make some final tweaks (collisions placement, etc) and i will be ready to implement the custom Tiger I tank into H&D Deluxe missions.

Hopefully, i will be also able to re-texture the working model to give it other paint schemes like camo and Winter.

See pictures below. :cool:
Attachments
Tiger I CoD destroyed.png
Tiger I CoD destroyed.png (726.75 KiB) Viewed 12952 times
Tiger I CoD shooting.png
Tiger I CoD shooting.png (928.25 KiB) Viewed 12952 times
Tiger I CoD.png
Tiger I CoD.png (662.84 KiB) Viewed 12952 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:10 pm

OK Myron. I managed to make 2 additional usable custom Tiger I tank models by re-texturing the initial working model. Now we have 3 custom Tiger I tanks in H&D Deluxe with 3 different paint schemes: normal, camouflage and Winter. In addition, i re-textured also the destroyed model, so each of the destroyed Tiger version has now an unique look.

See pictures below. :cool:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:11 am

By the way Myron: you still didn't give me any feedback regarding custom Opel Blitz truck Winter model and custom Tiger tank models.

It was your idea to replace the vanilla Opel Blitz and Tiger models after all. Do you like them or not? You only wrote recently about soldiers uniforms which has nothing to do with that. :roll:

Anyway i am going to include those custom models in my next H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod release. I had too much work with implementing them into H&D Deluxe to simply abandon that idea.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:38 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:11 am
By the way Myron: you still didn't give me any feedback regarding custom Opel Blitz truck Winter model and custom Tiger tank models.

It was your idea to replace the vanilla Opel Blitz and Tiger models after all. Do you like them or not? You only wrote recently about soldiers uniforms which has nothing to do with that. :roll:

Anyway i am going to include those custom models in my next H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod release. I had too much work with implementing them into H&D Deluxe to simply abandon that idea.
I will do that ASAP; life can be hectic, and the situation in my home country is a bit... fragile, and so it has distracted me a bit; I apologize.

Also, as for updating the mod on the moddb website, I urge you to release it as a "version 1.1", instead of updating 1.0, leaving 1.0 as it is, if you know what I mean.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:38 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:11 am

I will do that ASAP; life can be hectic, and the situation in my home country is a bit... fragile, and so it has distracted me a bit; I apologize.

Also, as for updating the mod on the moddb website, I urge you to release it as a "version 1.1", instead of updating 1.0, leaving 1.0 as it is, if you know what I mean.
OK, i understand. Take your time.

I will change my mod description and name on ModDB to reflect the update, because it will be a major one.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:15 pm

Thank you for your understanding.

The biggest reason I urge you to create a new 1.1 file with a list of the latest changes instead of updating the 1.0 is so that those who have already downloaded the 1.0 don't get confused, or worse, get their downloaded folders mixed up.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 pm

Hey, if my memory is correct, MoH Breakthrough had different destroyed models for Sherman tanks than AA, no?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 pm
Hey, if my memory is correct, MoH Breakthrough had different destroyed models for Sherman tanks than AA, no?
Honestly i don't remember at the moment.

Anyway, you could check by yourself: https://medalofhonor.fandom.com/wiki/M4_Sherman

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:03 pm

OK Myron. Meanwhile i made some research about Sherman tank models used in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Breakthrough.

I actually imported 2 Sherman tank models from both games into H&D Deluxe. See pictures below.

The problem is, that i didn't find any "Winter" texture for MOH Shermans and i highly doubt that there is one in the game files.
Attachments
Sherman MOH Breakthrough.JPG
Sherman model imported from MOH: Breakthrough
Sherman MOH Breakthrough.JPG (45.28 KiB) Viewed 12724 times
Sherman MOHAA.JPG
Sherman model imported from MOH: Allied Assault
Sherman MOHAA.JPG (51.29 KiB) Viewed 12724 times