H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:45 am

Huh, I thought in Africa in the Breakthrough game, the destroyed model looked more damaged.... perhaps I am thinking about the one with the crab-flail.

But touché about the lack of a winter model.

Though the Soviets did have a number of Shermans, courtesy of the Lend-Lease Program.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:05 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:45 am
But touché about the lack of a winter model.
The good news are, that there is a Sherman Winter version in Call of Duty: United Offensive. I plan to check it and see how it looks like. thup01

Judging only from the pictures found on the Internet could be misleading, like in the case of Medal of Honor models (i.e. halftrack).
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:39 am

OK Myron. So i imported Sherman tanks models from Call of Duty: United Offensive into 3ds Max.

See pictures below. I will try to make them usable in H&D Deluxe.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Hmm, the winter model looks excellent.

Though the summer model... I dunno, I think the MOH Breakthrough model would look better.

Did you look at the winter model of the destroyed Sherman from Spearhead? I saw it right next to the road right outside the facility when you flee with the halftrack. I never got a good look at it, that's why I ask.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:43 pm
Hmm, the winter model looks excellent.

Though the summer model... I dunno, I think the MOH Breakthrough model would look better.

Did you look at the winter model of the destroyed Sherman from Spearhead? I saw it right next to the road right outside the facility when you flee with the halftrack. I never got a good look at it, that's why I ask.
Keep in mind, that those custom Call of Duty Sherman models will look a bit different in the H&D Deluxe itself. Those pictures were taken from a 3d modelling software (3ds max 2010). Wait a bit untill i implement those models into the game. It takes some time. Work in progress.

The destroyed Sherman from Spearhead seems to be simply a MOH: Allied Assault Sherman. There is no other logical explanation, since there is no Sherman with "Winter camo" in Medal of Honor game files to be found.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:18 pm

OK Myron. So far i managed to implement the custom Sherman tank model imported from Call of Duty: United Offensive into H&D Deluxe. It is the "Winter version". I needed to delete the tank's radio antena and mounted M2 Browning HMG on top due to errors in the model itself. I might be able to fix that issues, but i won't promise that. Anyway, the original H&D Deluxe Sherman model doesn't have this features at all.

See pictures below. As you see the model look slightly different than the original one that i imported into 3ds max 2010.

Still work in progress, because i am waiting for a reply from NilsZ and from a modder from the ModDB community. If everything goes fine, i think that i will be able also to re-texture the CoD: UO Sherman Winter version to give it a "Summer camo" using original CoD: UO textures - like i did with the CoD Tigers some time ago. Of course, my main goal is to make the custom Sherman tank fully usable in H&D Deluxe. I hope, that this will be possible.
Attachments
Sherman CoD Winter destroyed.JPG
Sherman CoD Winter destroyed.JPG (46.95 KiB) Viewed 13938 times
Sherman CoD Winter.JPG
Sherman CoD Winter.JPG (49.69 KiB) Viewed 13938 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:42 pm

It's understandable. :-)

Fury's ending music, (Norman), plays in me head at the sight of a dead Sherman.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:49 pm

Meantime i re-textured the custom Winter Sherman tank model imported from Call of Duty: United Offensive with original textures to give it a "Summer look".

See pictures below (Panzerlied intensifies). Only Brad Pitt missing :mrgreen:
Attachments
Sherman CoD destroyed.JPG
Sherman CoD destroyed.JPG (44.4 KiB) Viewed 13929 times
Sherman CoD.JPG
Sherman CoD.JPG (47.43 KiB) Viewed 13929 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:25 pm

The progress on the Sherman looks excellent. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:47 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:25 pm
Thanks Myron! I am really doing my best to bring this CoD UO model to full functionality. thup01

By the way: did you have a chance to check my custom Tiger tank models or not yet?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:56 am

I restored also the radio antena on the custom Sherman tank model imported from Call of Duty: United Offensive and i fixed an issue related to its texture by applying my custom one based on the original CoD: UO Sherman paint scheme. Now both the Summer and Winter Sherman intact versions have radio antenas on top of their turrets like in the original models.

See pictures below.
Attachments
Sherman Winter antena.JPG
Sherman Winter antena.JPG (59.86 KiB) Viewed 13902 times
Sherman antena.JPG
Sherman antena.JPG (45.01 KiB) Viewed 13902 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:07 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:47 pm
Myron wrote:
Thanks Myron! I am really doing my best to bring this CoD UO model to full functionality. thup01

By the way: did you have a chance to check my custom Tiger tank models or not yet?
Oh yes; nice models indeed.
I hope the crew in Germany 4 was happy, living inside a tank without paint, just a factory-fresh look. ;)

I do have to wonder; is it possible to increase the number of hits you must land on a King Tiger's front in order to destroy it? Just two feels too easy. I want to REALLY annoy my companions. grin01

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:58 pm

Hmm, I know MoH doesn't have Panthers, but does the Call of Duty game you're taking models from?

I know CoD: WaW has Panthers, but those are obviously too advanced for Hidden & Dangerous.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:08 pm

Myron wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:07 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:47 pm
Myron wrote:

Oh yes; nice models indeed.
I hope the crew in Germany 4 was happy, living inside a tank without paint, just a factory-fresh look. ;)

I do have to wonder; is it possible to increase the number of hits you must land on a King Tiger's front in order to destroy it? Just two feels too easy. I want to REALLY annoy my companions. grin01
About the custom Tiger paint scheme in the Germany 4 mission - i thought that this "camo" is the best one to choose from the other 2 available ones (Winter and "city" camo). Anyway, i think that this particular Tiger tank came directly from a military compound located nearby, where they test the new equipment and train tank crews. They didn't have time and need to repaint it - since it wasn't suppose to go directly to the front lines.

As for the King Tiger tank resistance to damage - it has double the damage resistance of the normal tank in H&D Deluxe (6000 instead of 3000). The model has no "hit detection system". You could destroy it no matter where the shots land. I admit, that this is not realistic, but H&D 2 isn't really better in that case - medium tanks could withstand multiple anti-tank weapons shots to the side from close range which is completely bullshit with such strong weapons like Panzerschreck and Panzerfaust. Not to mention, that they could be destroyed by normal hand grenades or even shotgun shots (!) when you aim to the right spot. I noticed that, while playing H&D 2 multiplayer nowadays - which is a really annoying part of the game mechanics and should be modded if possible. H&D 2 modding is harder than H&D Deluxe though. As a side note i should point out, that few years ago i created a mod for Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood, where armored vehicles could withstand very specific number of hits from anti-tank weapons. I made Panzerfaust stronger than Bazooka - which is historically accurate. It's a shame, that we don't have British PIAT in H&D 2 , which was the anti-tank portable weapon of choice for Commonwealth troops later in the WW2 (they initially had only Boys AT-rifles). Despite unfair "negative reviews" from some people (including so called "historians") PIAT was a good anti-tank weapon which was able to take out tanks like Panther and Tiger when properly used.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm

Myron wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:58 pm
Hmm, I know MoH doesn't have Panthers, but does the Call of Duty game you're taking models from?

I know CoD: WaW has Panthers, but those are obviously too advanced for Hidden & Dangerous.
As far as i know, there is no Panther model to be imported from either Call of Duty 1 or its expansion United Offensive.

Well, for one of my H&D Deluxe addons i added a custom usable Sherman tank model from Call of Duty: World at War: https://www.moddb.com/games/hidden-dang ... ion-addon1 I don't know if it looks "too advanced" for H&D Deluxe or not. It suits well in the environment in which i placed it (Burma). I only don't bother anymore with custom models that are too big in size and are too complex (too many unnecessary parts), making H&D Deluxe mission loading time noticeably longer (like one of the custom Katiusha rocket launcher models that i once added to the Prague 1 mission). Not to mention, that some custom models from other PC games cannot be used in H&D Deluxe at all for some reason.

In addition, i don't have CoD: WaW installed at the moment, so i can't check the Panther model myself: https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Panther However, it seems that there is no "Winter version"available to import, because it was cut off from the game (like few other vehicles). As a result, i fear that there will no destroyed CoD: WaW Panther Winter model available for use.