H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:28 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:56 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:23 pm
Stern wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:40 pm

Is there anywhere you will stop ?
:cool:

Some final destination ?

I imagine some add-on or totally new version ?

I also like to push things far as they go... and then try to push even more :)
If you asking me i am rather done with H&D Deluxe modding i have no more interesting ideas for changes and the game is not popular anymore to invest my time on it like before. Thats discourage me a lot. Maybe i will eventually release some bug fixes / patches to the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod. However, there are still things that i cannot figure out myself. I wonder if NilsZ came out with any new ideas recently. I am busy with other things at the moment.
Please One last thing before you retire, you may call it a favor .
Would you please teach me and other people your experience so far in a series of videos and books about your entire journey with this game all those long years ?
At least consider it as a favor to ask or a legacy to leave behind .

I salute you with all respect and thank u for your service .......
Regards . Mr.47. To a dear friend
Hello,

well maybe i sounded a bit too dramatic with my statement - what i mean, was that i am not planning any major update of the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod on ModDB. Most likely i will make some minor updates / bug fixes in the future. We will see.

As for my current H&D Deluxe modding knowledge most of it i learned from NilsZ and by trial and error, lol.

Most of the usefull modding info could be found basically here across H&D forums in forum sections like Projects and Insanity 2 / 3d Studio Max in various posts / topics that i created asking for advice in the time span of few years.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:04 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:43 am

I will continue my hobby work on HD Deluxe as long as i am alive. No matter how many people will play this game :)
Wow, that is a badass statement NilsZ. ;)

Well, at least as long as Fegelein will play it (like in the case of Internet Explorer): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYkSLy90-Vk

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:17 pm

Dude and I thought I would write an entire essay about you as a great retirement Gift LoL

Jk lol I'm happy to read that for a whole day until seeing your reply right now I thought you were finally retired and felt old damn it I had some weird stuff going in my head (existential crisis) after reading that lol

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:42 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:04 pm
NilsZ wrote:

I will continue my hobby work on HD Deluxe as long as i am alive. No matter how many people will play this game :)

Well, at least as long as Fegelein will play it (like in the case of Internet Explorer): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYkSLy90-Vk

The reason is more that i am more a modder than a gamer. I have no interest in new games, I don't have any joy in playing them.
It's more fun for me to mess around with new features and creating stuff. Even if the progress is very slow as i don't have a lot time for my computer :mrgreen:

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:37 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:42 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:04 pm
NilsZ wrote:

The reason is more that i am more a modder than a gamer. I have no interest in new games, I don't have any joy in playing them.
It's more fun for me to mess around with new features and creating stuff. Even if the progress is very slow as i don't have a lot time for my computer :mrgreen:
I respect your statement

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:07 am

NilsZ wrote:
So, the ultimate Mod is now finally finished?

I would say that it's more on an indefinite hiatus. As the one-and-only beta-tester, besides Jakub himself, I honestly got burned out myself. :sad:

I have gotten many others to play the game, and despite enjoying it, I can't seem to ever get them to provide any actual feedback and post it here. :cry:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:17 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:07 am
NilsZ wrote:
So, the ultimate Mod is now finally finished?

I would say that it's more on an indefinite hiatus. As the one-and-only beta-tester, besides Jakub himself, I honestly got burned out myself. :sad:

I have gotten many others to play the game, and despite enjoying it, I can't seem to ever get them to provide any actual feedback and post it here. :cry:
Meanwhile the situation changed a bit, because i am working now on updating the mod weapons by making iron sights view for them. You can check my latest work on the Guns section if you like: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38003&start=405 (it starts from about the middle of the page 28th). I posted some pictures and modded files. I also got burned out myself, but fortunately in the next weekend i am going for vacation to rest a bit. ;)

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:47 am

You two guys seem the need some more H&D as cure for that burn out problem :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:02 am

Myron wrote:
I would say that it's more on an indefinite hiatus. As the one-and-only beta-tester, besides Jakub himself, I honestly got burned out myself.
At least we know now that they enjoy the mod (so it is a kind of feedback anyway), so it is a good thing after all. Plus the fact that you advertised the mod among other players. ;)

As for beta testing, besides new iron sights view for custom weapons there is no need for any other tests in my opinion and i am handling this myself, so don't worry.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:20 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:02 am
Myron wrote:
I would say that it's more on an indefinite hiatus. As the one-and-only beta-tester, besides Jakub himself, I honestly got burned out myself.
At least we know now that they enjoy the mod (so it is a kind of feedback anyway), so it is a good thing after all. Plus the fact that you advertised the mod among other players. ;)

As for beta testing, besides new iron sights view for custom weapons there is no need for any other tests in my opinion and i am handling this myself, so don't worry.
True, but I do wish that they would contribute ideas and suggestions. :roll: :grin:

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:54 pm

The game currently has the T-34/76 from MoH: Spearhead.

Have you thought of getting the T-34/85 from CoD: Waw to support it? 😀
(NOT replace it, but support it).

You did get the Panther model from WaW, and so I figured you could get the T-34/85.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:45 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:54 pm
The game currently has the T-34/76 from MoH: Spearhead.

Have you thought of getting the T-34/85 from CoD: Waw to support it? 😀
(NOT replace it, but support it).

You did get the Panther model from WaW, and so I figured you could get the T-34/85.
I am actually busy with implementing new models for existing weapons into my mod. I imported few models from Call of Duty and i am working on them. Besides adding a new usable vehicle into H&D Deluxe is always problematic. Maybe one day i will fulfill your request.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:36 pm

Today i improved the custom AB-41 armored car model imported from Medal of Honor Breakthrough. List of changes:

-> more realistic rate of fire for the mounted Breda 20 mm cannon - closer to its real-life counterpart;

-> adjusted the position of gunner's seat to fix problems with AI controlled enemy gunner being unable to properly detect the player from certain distances.

I also updated missions in which the AB-41 armored car could be encountered:

-> Danube 1;

-> Danube 2;

-> Italy 1 (added 3 AB-41 armored cars, that guards each end of the railway bridge and the abandoned quarry near the mission extraction point plus all enemies consist now of Italian soldiers armed with Italian weapons);

-> Greece 2.

Unpack the models.mod.rar and missions.rar archives into your root H&D Deluxe directory. Replace files when asked.

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
missions.rar
Updated Danube 1, Danube 2, Italy 1 and Greece 2 missions.
(6.39 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
models.mod.rar
Improved the Italian AB-41 armored car model.
(74.96 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:01 pm

Today i improved the custom Panther Summer and Winter tank models:

-> adjusted the position of gunner's seat in order to improve the ability of AI controlled enemy gunner to detect and fire at the player

I also further updated the Germany 5 mission in which you could encounter the custom Panther tanks:

-> added 2 Tiger tanks - the first one guards the village and the second one guards the villa near the mission extraction point

Unpack the models.mod.rar and missions.rar archives into your root H&D Deluxe directory. Replace files when asked.

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Updated the custom Panther Summer and Winter tank models.
(582.72 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
missions.rar
Updated Germany 5 mission - 18/09/2022
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 133 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:52 pm

For the purpose of my modified Poland 2 mission i edited the default landing craft model ("Higgins boat") in 3ds Max with plans to replace it with the custom one in that particular mission.

I added gunner seat with mounted machinegun (taken from the SAS jeep model) with protective metal shield (taken from the default gunboat model).

I added also a driver seat, but the vessel is not actually driveable. Anyway it still looks cool with the guy holding the "steering wheel" (taken also from the SAS jeep).

Both seats could be entered from the landing craft lowered ramp.

See pictures below. :cool:

Work in progress.
Attachments
higgins boat gunner seat.JPG
higgins boat gunner seat.JPG (57.15 KiB) Viewed 64204 times
higgins boat close view.JPG
higgins boat close view.JPG (48.44 KiB) Viewed 64204 times
higgins boat side view.JPG
higgins boat side view.JPG (48.58 KiB) Viewed 64204 times