H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
snowman
Private

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Unread post by snowman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:55 pm

I love checking what you guys have been doing. I'm all over the place :mrgreen:

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:21 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 am
Maus: Was sagen Sie Herr Koenig Tiger? Mochten Sie grosser Brucke? Ich habe zerstort eine gestern.
no_03
ohh jakub, with that poor german language everybody will know that you are a spy. :mrgreen:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:35 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:21 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 am
Maus: Was sagen Sie Herr Koenig Tiger? Mochten Sie grosser Brucke? Ich habe zerstort eine gestern.
no_03
ohh jakub, with that poor german language everybody will know that you are a spy. :mrgreen:
LOL. I am not Mata Hari that's for sure.

German special signs in words are hard to write with Polish keyboard. Like the special "o" or "u". I learned German when i was in school. While i was in Germany and in Austria i easily communicated in public places like hotels and restaurants using German language. I wonder if you know any Polish word except curses? fingers01

I wanted to say in German: "Maus: what did you say Mr. King Tiger? Would you like a bigger bridge? I destroyed one yeasterday". I see no errors in those sentences i wrote. Maybe i used wrong order of words in German. I know for sure, that i.e. "Sie" is used in a official way to ask someone. At least our teacher claimed that.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:49 pm

Don't mind it was just a joke^^
I know some polish words. Witam pan Jakub. prosze daje ten vodka, dziekuje barso. (written from my mind, not translator)
Its also very funny to read the stuff in HD that the czech guys wrote :D many more mistakes than you made xD
I would say: "Was sagen Sie Herr Koenigstiger? Moechten Sie eine groessere Bruecke? Ich habe gestern eine zerstoert."

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:34 am

snowman wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:55 pm
I love checking what you guys have been doing. I'm all over the place :mrgreen:
Welcome, and please, do talk more often. We need all the feedback we can get. :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:28 pm

Following the successful improvement of the T-34 tank model i also improved the look of the King Tiger tank model, that i once imported from the Bertgold 1.2 mod (and later modified and further improved for my own purpose).

Now the King Tiger tank intact version has the correct tracks texture and they are also moveable. I know, that currently you cannot drive the King Tiger tank in any of my modified H&D Deluxe missions, but i thought that it could be used in my future addons. We will see.

Below i posted 2 comparison pictures: original King Tiger seen in one of the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault missions versus the one that i placed in the Prague 1 mission. Finally they both look the same (the only notable "difference" between the models is the amount of light used in both scenes). Credits for MCh2207Cz from the ModDB community, which provided info how to improve the look of the King Tiger tank that i imported to H&D Deluxe.

Unpack the models.mod.rar archive (models.mod folder) to your main H&D Deluxe directory.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Improved King Tiger tank model.
(82.84 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Improved King Tiger.JPG
Improved King Tiger.JPG (99.19 KiB) Viewed 96553 times
King Tiger MOHAA.png
King Tiger MOHAA.png (905.99 KiB) Viewed 96553 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:54 am

Speaking of adding vehicles, have you considered adding the PzIV desert models from Breakthrough into Germany 5? I think one could fit on the beach.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:50 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:54 am
Speaking of adding vehicles, have you considered adding the PzIV desert models from Breakthrough into Germany 5? I think one could fit on the beach.
Hmm, not a bad idea. However, this desert model was intended for use in the MOH: Breakthrough African campaign (i.e. Kasserine Pass mission). It would be a little awkward to use "Afrikakorps" tank in European theatre (like in the Germany 5 mission).

To be honest, i thought a lot about adding yet another vehicle to Germany 5 mission, but i didn't come with any good idea so far.

The main problem for me is, that the enemy gunner AI in H&D Deluxe is limited, so you could easily outflank enemy armored vehicles in most cases (except frontal attacks of course).

Hidden & Dangerous 2 has much better "tank gunners AI" in general.

Anyway, to be constructive at the end:

-> please check Myron, if any of the vehicles from the games mentioned below would fit into H&D Deluxe in one way or another according to you. Then i will check them myself in a more detailed way (importing model into H&D Deluxe, etc) and tell you what could be done when time permits. A bit of homework for you my young apprentice (*Chancellor Palpatine demonic laugh*). ;)

Games list:

-> Call of Duty / United Offensive / World at War

-> Medal of Honor / Allied Assault / Spearhead / Breakthrough

Those games above have models, that are proven to be in good quality / reliable for H&D Deluxe use as far as i could tell.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:37 am

Well, MOH:AA also has the desert PzIV model, but I figured Breakthrough had a sharper model.

The desert model is also used in Italy, on that mission to destroy the Railguns, during the ride on that Italian armored car.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:38 pm

It's up on a bridge that goes over the rails where your car drives.

For some stupid reason, that mission uniquely allows regular bullets to hurt you when driving that armored car.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:51 am

Thanks Myron about your research regarding the "desert" Panzer IV tank model used in the Medal of Honor game series. thup01

Meanwhile, following the latest improvements that i added to the custom Panzer IV from MOH:AA / Spearhead model i looked again into the custom halftrack model imported from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault / Spearhead.

I fixed some bugs:

-> both the Summer and Winter versions have now more collisions for better crew protection and realism;

-> the Winter version has now moveable tracks;

-> the Winter version has now adjusted gunner seat (the gunner seat was high, because of the construction of the model itself - i lowered a bit the halftrack floor without altering the overall original look of the model);

-> the Winter version has now adjusted front seats (for driver and passenger next to him).

Still work in progress.
Attachments
front view.JPG
front view.JPG (63.97 KiB) Viewed 96405 times
lowered gunner seat.JPG
The MG gunner is lower than before.
lowered gunner seat.JPG (77.12 KiB) Viewed 96405 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Oh, the download link vanished.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:18 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:21 pm
Oh, the download link vanished.
I removed it, because i needed to edit the files again.

Still work in progress. I will upload them once more in a near future. Please be patient.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:56 pm

OK, so i finished the editing of the custom halftrack models imported from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault / Spearhead with the changes listed in one of my previous posts. Both Summer and Winter models were tested in-game and in the HDD editor.

Now you could finally download and test the updated models in-game. Download and unpack the models.mod.rar archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory. Replace the older model files with new ones when asked.

Do you like, that the passenger at the end of the halftrack now crouch instead of stand? I thought, that this way he will be better protected against enemy fire, but still able to shoot back. What do you think Myron? See pictures below. Those pictures were taken from my test maps, before the release of the updated missions itself. In my opinion, the passenger at the back of the halftrack was very vulnerable by default (exposed to enemy fire, while not facing the front like the mg gunner).
Attachments
models.mod.rar
28/12/2020 - updated custom halftrack models.
(191.67 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Picture from Weisstahl lake #1.png
Picture from Weisstahl lake #1.png (869.99 KiB) Viewed 96373 times
Picture from Clervaux   Clerf river #1.png
Picture from Clervaux Clerf river #1.png (858.25 KiB) Viewed 96373 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:24 am

Oh, I wanted him to crouch since forever; it makes no sense how he stands on the halftrack, and yet wisely kneels when on the boat.

UPDATE: Didn't seem to work on Germany 5. Maybe there needs to be mission updates as well.