H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Vehicles

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Unfortunately, i just found out, that my edited stationary Opel Blitz model recently added to the Italy 2 mission had some problems - wheels of the intact version were not connected properly to the truck. As a result, the destroyed version had still the un-destroyed wheels attached to it. I fixed that bug. I apologize for that. Please download the updated model again.

This is however a temporary solution, because i am planning to replace all default Opel Blitz trucks in H&D Deluxe (including the ones shown on the mission video briefings) with my custom Winter and Summer Opel Blitz trucks models from Medal of Honor. I am still working on optimizing the models.
Attachments
models.mod.rar
Updated stationary Opel Blitz model.
(9.98 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:25 pm

Everything is OK Myron? You didn't write even a single word about the Opel Blitz truck model that i imported from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. That was your idea after all...

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Hmm, KiloEcho, thanks for reminding me; isn't that the truck Lt. Powell from MOH:AA must hop on before heading towards the villa with the two king tigers; with spring colors instead of desert?
Last edited by Myron on Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:33 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 pm

As far as i know, there is no "Winter version" of Opel Blitz model in Medal of Honor: Spearhead with covered cargo space - the one seen on my previous pictures looks a bit awkward without snow covering it. I must say, that the opel_zima model from Bertgold looks really cool. I will check it too. Thanks for the info!

I even though about importing an Opel Blitz truck from Hidden & Dangerous 2, since we already know how to open .4ds files in 3ds max. However, i don't know the exact names of the truck model and related textures.
Hmm, wait a minute, I remember now that in Spearhead, when approaching the facility that you are going to steal the supplies from in the Ardennes, there is a truck that falls down a hill in front of you. Wasn't it a covered version?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:36 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:25 pm
Everything is OK Myron? You didn't write even a single word about the Opel Blitz truck model that i imported from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. That was your idea after all...
I apologize. I am all over the place at this time. But I am alright. :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:42 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:33 am
Hmm, wait a minute, I remember now that in Spearhead, when approaching the facility that you are going to steal the supplies from in the Ardennes, there is a truck that falls down a hill in front of you. Wasn't it a covered version?
Yes, indeed. I checked a someone else let's play on Youtube and i made few pictures of the truck. There is a scripted event, when the truck crashes in front of the supply depot's gate (you can hear an explosion prior to that). However, it's destroyed model looks just like the intact model with only smoke added coming from the truck's engine. See pictures below.

I already have a destroyable and driveable custom Opel Blitz model from Medal of Honor with moveable wheels and steering wheel. Plus it's destroyed version looks good in my opinion. I am planning to further look also into the Opel Blitz trucks from Hidden & Dangerous 2. I already found appropriate truck models - thanks to the help received from Sqdn. Ldr. Ted Striker from RPR Clan forum. I will need more time to actually import them into 3ds max and get a closer look. Hopefully, i will do that today.
Attachments
opel wreck.JPG
opel wreck.JPG (94.65 KiB) Viewed 10476 times
opel wreck1.JPG
opel wreck1.JPG (76.3 KiB) Viewed 10476 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:22 am

Like i promised, i checked Opel Blitz trucks models from H&D 2. I imported them into 3ds Max 2010 (also their destroyed versions).

It looks like, that both destroyed Opel Blitz versions (Summer and Winter) have similar looking models to their intact versions. I made also a picture of side by side comparison of intact Opel Blitz models from H&D 2. I would like to quote you on that Myron: "The current model for a destroyed emplacement is simply the intact model with burnt black paint all over it.". Change the word "emplacement" to "Opel Blitz truck" and you will see what i mean.

See pictures below.

To be honest, i like their Medal of Honor: Allied Assault counterparts more.

I will stick to the Opel Blitz models imported from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault instead.
Attachments
Opel Blitz H&D2.jpg
Opel Blitz H&D2.jpg (34.16 KiB) Viewed 10469 times
Opel H&D2 Winter destroyed.JPG
Opel H&D2 Winter destroyed.JPG (28.57 KiB) Viewed 10470 times
Opel H&D2 Summer destroyed.JPG
Opel H&D2 Summer destroyed.JPG (28.03 KiB) Viewed 10470 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:05 pm

LOL, good thing you quoted me, because I was about repeat myself!

Anyway, make sure the intact model's tires air in them. (joking)
One awesome thing about H&D2 is the ability to flatten tires.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:05 pm
Anyway, make sure the intact model's tires air in them. (joking)
One awesome thing about H&D2 is the ability to flatten tires.
Keep in mind that i will not use H&D 2 Opel Blitz models in H&D Deluxe. By the way the ability to flatten tires was also present in other Illusion Softworks game called Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, which was remastered lately.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:02 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:36 am
I apologize. I am all over the place at this time. But I am alright. :grin:
Halleluja! :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:35 am

I looked also into the opel_zima.i3d model from Bertgold mod as KiloEcho suggested.

The custom Opel Blitz truck is driveable and destroyable. However, the intact model has a "Winter camouflage" rather than snow and ice on it itself (except for wheels). In addition, the destroyed version looks rusted rather than destroyed. However, whoever made the intact version did a great job - i am really impressed by the look of it (both inside and out). The covered cargo space contains even two benches for the passengers to sit on them. :shock:

I will try to re-texture the destroyed version to be more like its MOH: AA counterpart. However, applying another custom texture taken from outside of the Bertgold mod might not work (breaking the texture UV mapping).

Does anyone know if there is another texture suited for the opel_zima.i3d destroyed version available in the Bertgold mod files?

Where did they get this model from?

The model as a whole needs also to be optimized - collisions, crew seats, etc. In the current state the model is usable, but has many flaws.

See pictures below.

P.S. The truck's dashboard has some nice pictures on it. Looks like an U-boat crew (from Silent Hunter game) got transfered from Kriegsmarine to Wehrmacht, lol. :mrgreen:
Attachments
driver view.png
driver view.png (652.27 KiB) Viewed 10429 times
opel_zima destroyed.png
opel_zima destroyed.png (765.41 KiB) Viewed 10429 times
opel_zima.png
opel_zima.png (708.21 KiB) Viewed 10429 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:40 am

Please, DO NOT remove those pictures. :D

Also, yeah, not only does the destroyed model look more rusty than burned, the tires are completely intact.

As for the back of an Opel Blitz, I remember in H&D2, you could have 3 men aiming and shooting out the back.

I remember a custom game, called Normandy, where the Germany 5 map was reused and edited, and you were ordered to find your lost captain who broke his leg, and when you rescue him on the Mercedes truck, he sits in a sitting position, flat on his butt, legs straight out-forward.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:40 am
Please, DO NOT remove those pictures. :D

Also, yeah, not only does the destroyed model look more rusty than burned, the tires are completely intact.

As for the back of an Opel Blitz, I remember in H&D2, you could have 3 men aiming and shooting out the back.
I am not sure if i ever use this Opel Blitz model from Bertgold mod in H&D Deluxe. As i said before, i don't like the look of the destroyed version. I am afraid, that except the "rusted texture" there is no other texture out there to fit the model.

What is even more funny - i came across on yet another Opel Blitz "Winter" model from Medal of Honor. The variety of Opel Blitz models EA made for this game is just mindblowing. I am now putting original MOH textures on it.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:12 am

Well, this model would fit in Normandy 5, as all the trucks are inside.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:32 am

OK. I re-textured another Opel Blitz truck Winter model from Medal of Honor: Spearhead.

Much to me surprise, it turned out to be the exact same model that we saw in the Ardenes mission from MOH: Spearhead (the one that crashed in front of the supply depot's main gate)! The only external difference is, that it misses the covered cargo bed. I wonder, what texture the EA used for it? The one from the opel_zima.i3d model (Opel Blitz from Bertgold) doesn't fit well.

Unfortunately, this model is much simpler than the previous one. It lacks the interior of the driver's compartment - no dashboard, steering wheel, seats, etc.

See pictures below.
Attachments
Opel MOHSP back.JPG
Opel MOHSP back.JPG (41.06 KiB) Viewed 10349 times
Opel MOHSP side.JPG
Opel MOHSP side.JPG (53.85 KiB) Viewed 10349 times
Opel MOHSP front.JPG
Opel MOHSP front.JPG (39.52 KiB) Viewed 10349 times