H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by Myron » Fri May 21, 2021 11:54 am

Cool.
Did you get that from Sniper Elite?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:36 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:54 am
Cool.
Did you get that from Sniper Elite?
According to the website from which i obtained the model it came from Enemy Front game. The Welrod model from that game is looking good enough to meet my needs.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:26 pm

OK Myron. So here you have all the necessary files in order to use the new custom Welrod pistol in the H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod.

Unpack the content of the data.rar archive (data folder) into your root H&D Deluxe directory. Replace files when asked.

Unpack the content of the Welrod.rar archive (models.mod, maps.mod and sounds folders) into your root H&D Deluxe directory.

The Welrod is available to choose in the following campaigns:

-> Italy

-> Germany

-> Norway

-> Greece

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Welrod.rar
Welrod Mk I model, texture and shooting sound.
(4.25 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
data.rar
Updated 21.05.2021 - new weapon added Welrod Mk I
(562.32 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm

Today I implemented the following changes to the weapons used in my mod:

-> 9mm pistols and submachine-guns are slightly more powerful than before (shooting power increased from 300 to 350). I did that mostly to make handguns more practical (including the new Welrod pistol);

-> Colt 1911 shooting power increased from 300 to 400, to reflect the fact, that the .45 ACP round has good stopping power - now this pistol is as powerful as the Thompson and Grease Gun submachine-guns, that are using the same ammo;

-> corrected some wrong info displayed about Colt 1911 in the item description (wrong magazine capacity and effective range);

-> MP 44 shooting power decreased slightly from 550 to 500;

-> De Lisle carbine shooting power decreased from 600 to 500, because this weapon was overpowered in my mod in my opinion;

-> reduced the range of fire of the Boys AT-rifle from 460 to 250 meters for balance purposes. This custom anti-tank weapon was overpowered in my mod in my opinion.

Unpack the content of the data.rar archive (data folder) into your root H&D Deluxe install directory. Replace files when asked.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 28.05.2021 - changed weapons parameters.
(562.38 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:17 pm

Everything is OK with me except the change you made to the Boys AT-rifle because it was historically accurate (despite the fact that there's a more velocity power into the bullets so it was supposed to shoot more further than the measurement in the mod but ok) and you changed it for balancing issues

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun May 30, 2021 6:31 pm

OK mr.47, i restored the effective range of the Boys anti-tank rifle back to 460 meters. Maybe you are right about it.

I also changed gunshot speed (muzzle velocity) of the weapons from my mod according to their real-life values. The base game value for all weapons shooting bullets was 800 m/s - which was incorrect mostly for pistols and submachine-guns. Other weapon types like bolt-action rifles and light machine-guns were incorrect to a lesser extent and changes to them are minor.

I included the changes listed above (and few others) into my newest H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod update (1.8 version) that i uploaded today on my ModDB account. Check the Changelog for details.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:06 pm

Thanks for understanding my opinions.
For real there's a lot of people out there who doesn't listen to real issues.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm

there is a missing guns in the cheat and once i choose it it crashes the game

also note : all the guns take time to load in the selection menu (frame rates drops) due to the heavily detailed models
and the uniform is actually brilliant idea in the cheat i wish you could do a quick update and make it into the selection menu witch adds realism and Camouflage into the SAS also you might add a gun with a reverse damage that acts like a syringe (health pack) instead of me cheating all the time to recover health witch adds more realism or you simply add a health pack like mine with a reverse Damage

also i found description-less sniper rifle that when firing it sounds cartoony and looks cartoonishly

as for the rest it's fine and i'm gonna still give you more feedback i'm writing this while playing the 1.8 version

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:10 am

Hello everyone,

with NilsZ help i am currently working on implementing proper iron sights view for my custom weapons - especially on non-scoped rifles to make them more useful while shooting on longer ranges. We are trying to figure out few things related to this game mechanics.

So far i managed to change the aim view of my custom Lee Enfield rifle from "Medal of Honor Allied Assault style" to aiming down sights. See picture below. Work in progress. For comparison i also posted a picture of the default Johnson M1 rifle aim down sights view.
Attachments
Johnson rifle aim view.png
Johnson rifle aim view.png (532.34 KiB) Viewed 8248 times
custom Lee Enfield iron sights.png
custom Lee Enfield iron sights.png (753.35 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:08 pm

OK. So after some adjustments (resizing, repositioning, etc) the new Lee Enfield iron sights view look like on the attached picture below.

I think that now it looks better than initially - with the iron sights located closer to "player's eyes" and the rifle's buttstock hidden behind the view.
Attachments
Lee Enfield aim model.png
Lee Enfield aim model.png (645.06 KiB) Viewed 8229 times

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:01 am

that looks good. Does the shot appear in the right place also?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:00 am

NilsZ wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:01 am
that looks good. Does the shot appear in the right place also?
Thanks. :grin:

The shot appear in the right place while using iron sights view without aim cross (it was a matter of properly placing gun's visual pivot point in 3ds max).

With aim cross enabled the shot appear where you point the aim cross instead.

As for the current state of "weapons aiming system" in H&D Deluxe i see 2 options to choose from for further development of custom weapons:

1) Make all guns to use iron sights view without aim cross enabled - which could be problematic in case of pistols and some low-quality custom models that might look blurry up close. However, this option will make aiming weapons in 1st person view more consistent.

2) Leave the guns as they are now - some with iron sights and others with side view with aim cross (not counting scoped rifles of course). For now only my custom Panzerfaust, Panzerschreck and Bazooka models are using iron sights (properly aligned with aim cross) - the rest of guns use side view with aim cross, because i cannot properly align iron sights with aim cross in those weapons. The alignment is gone when player chooses the prone stance in 1st persion view.

My opinion is to ultimately get rid of the aim cross and replace it with iron sights view instead, unless you have a better solution. What do you think NilsZ?
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:36 pm

Now that what I call realistic in 1999

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:18 pm

Meanwhile i experimented with pistols. Their iron sights view look and work differently than the one from the Lee Enfield rifle that i shown before. The aim view shows more of an actual 3D weapon model and aiming is done by aligning the front sight with your target. This gets a bit difficult in prone position though without use of the white aim cross.

I edited Colt 1911 and Luger pistols iron sights. See pictures below.
Attachments
New Luger aim model.png
New Luger aim model.png (749.51 KiB) Viewed 8176 times
New Colt 1911 aim model.png
New Colt 1911 aim model.png (733.63 KiB) Viewed 8176 times

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:48 pm

my "primary goal" is to have a side view for sniper rifles. Then you don't have to carry two guns around.

For MGs i thought about a little zoom like 20% when you go to iron sight and no zoom in side view. Of course the little cross can be removed due to realism (maybe depending on difficulty, easy have cross, medium and hard not).

btw. a funny idea would be to make hard difficulty like ultra realism in left 4 dead. No HUD, no crosses, etc.. What do you think about that?