H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by Myron » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 pm

Forgive my stupidity, but please remind me, which program did you use to record your video?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:35 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:33 pm
Forgive my stupidity, but please remind me, which program did you use to record your video?
Fraps 3.4.7 version to be precise. Later i edited the recorded video in Freemake Video Converter 4.1.4, because originally the video was more than 200 MB in size, while being only about 1 minute long.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:29 pm

As you may remember, some time ago i added Panzerschreck as an usable weapon in H&D Deluxe. While playing Call of Duty: United Offensive recently, i noticed that Germans in the US campaign in the Ardenes used Panzerschreck instead of Panzerfaust. Since my custom Panzerschreck is rarely encountered in H&D Deluxe i came with an idea to rearm German troops using Panzerfaust in the Ardenes campaign with Panzerschreck. As Reznov from Call of Duty: World at War used to say: "Dimitri fire the Panzeschreck!" :mrgreen:

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:25 pm

LOL, I was waiting for the right time to come up with a similar suggestion, but for me, I was thinking of Prague 1.

I was thinking of suggesting that you place a T-34 with only a driver, no gunner, in the blue corner, and a German with a Panzershreck in the red area.
Attachments
InkedPicture from Prague #2_LI.jpg
InkedPicture from Prague #2_LI.jpg (159.99 KiB) Viewed 13447 times
InkedPicture from Prague #1_LI.jpg
InkedPicture from Prague #1_LI.jpg (150.71 KiB) Viewed 13447 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:25 pm
LOL, I was waiting for the right time to come up with a similar suggestion, but for me, I was thinking of Prague 1.

I was thinking of suggesting that you place a T-34 with only a driver, no gunner, in the blue corner, and a German with a Panzershreck in the red area.
First of all i would need to remove the trolley wreck. Second, there are 3 Germans "deserters" that try to cross the bridge to the Russian controlled zone. T-34 that came that way would either kill or capture those soldiers. In addition, how the T-34 crossed the bridge from the Russian zone of the city to get there with all those obstacles on the way (barbed wire, sandbags, etc)? There is already a Russian T-34 heading to the cathedral square. Anyway, i could consider adding at least one German soldier with Panzerschreck. That way, driving the "abandoned" Stug III along Prague streets wouldn't be that safe anymore. It will add some challenge to the Prague 1 mission.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:48 am

I imported the Sten Mk. V submachine-gun from Medal of Honor: Spearhead into H&D Deluxe. I will try to make this gun usable in the game.

See pictures below. :cool:
Attachments
MOHSP Sten side 1.JPG
MOHSP Sten side 1.JPG (42.4 KiB) Viewed 13110 times
MOHSP Sten side.JPG
MOHSP Sten side.JPG (39.37 KiB) Viewed 13110 times
MOHSP Sten front.JPG
MOHSP Sten front.JPG (34.04 KiB) Viewed 13110 times

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 pm

Hey there nice weapons and BTW you should consider writing the opinions of others like zik the shadow

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:53 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:25 pm
Hey there nice weapons and BTW you should consider writing the opinions of others like zik the shadow
Thanks Mr.47! thup01

Some time ago i watched the vanilla H&D Deluxe lets play on Youtube by ZikShadow. He even played one of my addons (The island hopping) and made a video about it. His opinion on my addon was a bit harsh - i wonder if he made any addons himself? This is not an easy task - ask NilsZ if you don't believe me.

ZikShadow clearly doesn't understand how the AI (or H&D Deluxe in general) works (in example he used non-scoped rifle with commando having weak shooting skill and complained that he could not hit anything, lol).

I admit, that some of my early addons are quite weak. I wonder if he tried my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod and related updated addons from ModDB? They are quite good in my opinion. I also don't know if he read my mod Readme and description. He also uses a custom sound mod which is not mine.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:30 am

He actually did review your mod and addons also the last review was yesterday and he likes one of your add-on missions and he was not happy about that it's so short.

I'm not complaining though I'm just saying opinion.
Also nice improvement in your mod.. :)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:50 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:30 am
He actually did review your mod and addons also the last review was yesterday and he likes one of your add-on missions and he was not happy about that it's so short.

I'm not complaining though I'm just saying opinion.
Also nice improvement in your mod.. :)
Yeah, yesterday i watched all the new videos that ZikShadow made about my mod and addons. I have a sense of humor, but he is mostly exaggerating. He hardly ever noticed any new models that i added into the game, which you could count in dozens (especially in the edited single player campaign missions). Overall his review is unfair in my opinion.

I could take some "constructive criticism" from random players. I cannot please everyone taste without me having a heart attack. I am only a modder (human not an AI controlled bot) and i am not payed for my "modding job". I am starting to ignore some people "opinions" for my own good. During those years i almost forgot, that making mods should bring me satisfaction instead of frustration. By the way thanks for the feedback! I will try to further improve my H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod in the future when time permits!
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:29 pm

I'm not saying your creations are bad but I'm trying to get it up to professional level just like NilsZ and the amount of details he added in his mod (like transforming a mine into a first aid kit) tinkering at its peek he created an unimaginable stuff and I want you to be original and creative like him and better heck I want you to be better than me also I'm not putting pressure on you but every thing you do is welcome because you're technically the last (modder / add-on creator) in this whole community.

Thx for responding.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:42 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:29 pm
I'm not saying your creations are bad but I'm trying to get it up to professional level just like NilsZ and the amount of details he added in his mod (like transforming a mine into a first aid kit) tinkering at its peek he created an unimaginable stuff and I want you to be original and creative like him and better heck I want you to be better than me also I'm not putting pressure on you but every thing you do is welcome because you're technically the last (modder / add-on creator) in this whole community.

Thx for responding.
Well, you put me in an awkward position by comparing NilsZ mod to mine. I would say that NilsZ mod is more about adding new game features related to changes in game source code while my mod is more about adding new playable content like custom models, etc.

Our mods share few similarities, but there are notable differences.

I don't think that any of our mods are better or worse by comparison. They are simply different.

I already know your preferred H&D Deluxe mod and i will not comment that. I only want to point out, that there is no perfect mod.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:13 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:42 pm
mr.47 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Thx for responding.
Well, you put me in an awkward position by comparing NilsZ mod to mine. I would say that NilsZ mod is more about adding new game features related to changes in game source code while my mod is more about adding new playable content like custom models, etc.

Our mods share few similarities, but there are notable differences.

I don't think that any of our mods are better or worse by comparison. They are simply different.

I already know your preferred H&D Deluxe mod and i will not comment that. I only want to point out, that there is no perfect mod.
Exactly it's just similarly different that's totally fine with me and that's exactly my point.
Improvement is always welcome

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:30 pm

Thanks to NilsZ help i changed the following characteristics of the weapons:

1) added recoil effect to most firearms (except rocket launchers, PIAT and scoped rifles):

-> the recoil power depends on few factors:

a) type of weapon class used (pistol / revolver / smg / assault rifle / carbine / rifle / machine-gun / anti-tank rifle)

b) specific differences between weapons that belongs to the same category (different caliber and ammo type, mass, overall weapon quality and handling based on real-life counterparts)

c) choosen stance when firing (Stay / Crouch / Prone)

2) added shots spray effect to most firearms (except rocket launchers and PIAT):

-> the spray range / angle depends on few factors:

a) type of weapon class used (pistol / revolver / smg / assault rifle / carbine / rifle / scoped rifle / machine-gun / anti-tank rifle)

b) specific differences between weapons that belongs to the same category (different caliber, mass, overall weapon quality and handling based on real-life counterparts)

c) choosen stance when firing (Stay / Crouch / Prone)

3) most of the portable light-machine guns (except for the Browning .30 cal which is the heaviest one in my mod) could be now fired in crouching and standing position, but at the cost of accuracy.

Credits for NilsZ for adding the new "Err factors" and "Fire shaking angles" options into the HDD editor inventory table weapons settings. thup01
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:19 am, edited 10 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Does this mean SMG bullets are no longer guided if your soldier is a 100% at shooting?