H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:54 am

During recent Danube 1 mission testing, i found out that the new Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 and M1A1 Carbine models in the hands of AI and player are placed incorrectly (the weapons seemed to be held only in one hand instead of two - as it supposed to be in real life). See pictures below. However, i managed only to fix the Mosin-Nagant and M1A1 Carbine positions in standing and crouching stances. In the lying position the placement of both weapons in hands is a bit inappropriate, but i don't think that i would be able to fix that without changing the character animation model itself (which i never did before). Extract the updated models.mod.rar archive uploaded below into your main H&D Deluxe directory (C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing models.mod folder and replace both older weapons models with the newer ones.
Attachments
Updated M1 Carbine.JPG
Updated M1 Carbine.JPG (81.08 KiB) Viewed 13113 times
Updated Mosin-Nagant.JPG
Updated Mosin-Nagant.JPG (81.49 KiB) Viewed 13113 times
models.mod.rar
Updated 26.02.2018
(238.12 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 pm

I managed to slightly improve the H&D Deluxe character crouching and lying animations when holding a weapon using 3ds Max software. See pictures below.

You will need to unpack the anims.dta file from the anims.rar archive that i uploaded below into your H&D Deluxe data directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace the original anims.dta file. Make the backup of the original anims.dta file first!

Those are my first attempts ever on modding H&D Deluxe character animations. :mrgreen:

Please Myron give me some feedback! thup01
Attachments
Improving prone animation.JPG
Improving prone animation.JPG (88.39 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
Improved crouching animation.JPG
Improved crouching animation.JPG (98.83 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
anims.rar
Updated 26.02.2018
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 493 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Meantime i managed to slightly improve some of the improper "long" weapons holding animation of the AI in crouch position using the 3ds Max software. This particular animation model (named "xbreathb.i3d" by default) is used only while holding "big weapons" like rifles, submachine-guns (not "small weapons" like pistols, revolvers - because for that purpose serves another animation model). Previously the AI in H&D Deluxe held some "big weapons" only in the right hand and that looked unrealistic (the left hand didn't touch the weapon).

See pictures below taken from the HDD editor (the pictures were taken after i edited the animation model).

You will need to unpack the anims.dta file from the anims.rar archive that i uploaded below into your H&D Deluxe data directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace the previous anims.dta file version. The newest anims.dta file contains also earlier changes in the H&D Deluxe character animation model.

Please Myron give me some feedback! thup01
Attachments
anims.rar
Updated 02.03.2018
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 498 times
Fixed PPSH-41 holding animation.JPG
Fixed PPSH-41 holding animation.JPG (90.13 KiB) Viewed 13080 times
Fixed Mauser and Lee-Enfield holding animations.JPG
Fixed Mauser and Lee-Enfield holding animations.JPG (123.38 KiB) Viewed 13080 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:35 pm

I added a new DP-28 LMG inventory icon, in-game and aim models into H&D Deluxe. See pictures below.

The new DP-28 LMG model and related texture were downloaded from https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/ website.

The new LMG has also a realistic shooting sound downloaded from Youtube and text description taken from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degtyaryov_machine_gun

I though, that this LMG could be used by some of the enemy and friendly soldiers in H&D Deluxe. In addition, the player would have a chance to obtain few pieces in some missions. However, i don't want the new LMG to be available in H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens (the scrolling list).

If you are interested Myron, please let me know, so i will continue my work to fully implement the DP-28 LMG into H&D Deluxe (we should decide together in which particular missions this LMG would be available).
Attachments
New DP-28 aim model.JPG
New DP-28 aim model.JPG (82.01 KiB) Viewed 13055 times
New DP-28 in-game model.JPG
New DP-28 in-game model.JPG (76.07 KiB) Viewed 13055 times
New DP-28 inventory icon.JPG
New DP-28 inventory icon.JPG (107.88 KiB) Viewed 13055 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:58 am

Below i uploaded the *.rar archives that are containing the DP-28 LMG and the updated data.dta archive (marked as "Updated 05.03.2018").

Unpack the folders from the "DP-28.rar" archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Merge with the existing folders if needed.

Unpack the "data.rar" archive into your H&D Deluxe data directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data).
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 05.03.2018
(559.78 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
DP-28.rar
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 541 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 pm

I decided to update the DP-28 LMG again: i changed its rate of fire from single shot to 3-rounds burst - each time when the player "pull the trigger".

In addition, i replaced the earlier DP-28 LMG shooting sound with a new better one (at least in my opinion) plus i added an echo sound - that you will hear after the shots being fired (similar to the one heard when firing a weapon in real life).

I hope Myron, that you will like those changes. :cool:

Please download the updated data.rar archive marked as "Updated 06.03.2018" (unpack the data.dta file from the data.tar archive into your H&D Deluxe data directory i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and the sounds.rar archive that contains the new DP-28 LMG shooting sound and echo (unpack the sounds folder from the sounds.rar archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory).
Attachments
sounds.rar
Updated DP-28 LMG shooting and echo sounds.
(88.13 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
data.rar
Updated 06.03.2018
(559.79 KiB) Downloaded 391 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 am

I decided to update the data.dta archive again. thup01

Since all actually available light machine-guns in H&D Deluxe for the player to equip into the missions use rifle rounds of similar caliber (slightly differences between various types of LMG) i decided to unify their "power" in the game and set it to 700 value. The "realism" and gameplay balance are maintained (still the LMG are more powerful in the H&D Deluxe than pistols/revolvers, submachine-guns/assault rifle and rifles/carbines, but less powerful than anti-tank weapons/explosives).

Please Myron download and test this newest data.dta archive version. Feedback will be appreciated.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 23.04.2018
(559.79 KiB) Downloaded 409 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:21 pm

Hello Myron,

i changed the rate of fire of all stationary and mounted machine-guns in H&D Deluxe campaigns to 3-round burst (which will be more realistic and better for the gameplay in terms of friendly and enemy AI behavior).

To download the file open the following link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4d547188l ... s.rar/file

Due to the file size restrictions i needed to upload it on my Mediafire account instead of uploading it on H&D forums.

Unpack the missions.dta from the missions.rar archive into Your H&D Deluxe data directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace the original / previous missions.dta version with the new one (make a backup first just in case).

Any feedback will be appreciated! thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:27 am

I made some changes in the data.dta archive:

- slightly increased firepower of bolt-action rifles;

- slightly increased firepower of the MP-44 (still maintained balance of firepower between weapons using pistol ammo and those using standard rifle caliber cartridge);

- changed MP-44 firing mode from single to 3-round burst. This weapon during WW2 times was able to shot in single or automatic fire modes only, however in H&D Deluxe both enemy and friendly AI for some reasons use MP-44 in single fire mode only (at least in my version) which looks rather odd in close quarter fights. Still the rate of fire is reasonable and not too fast according to the MP-44 characteristics that i found on the Internet.
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 25.04.2019
(559.64 KiB) Downloaded 353 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Well, define "close quarters".

The smart soldier keeps his rifle on semi-auto, just in case. Even today, on every assault rifle that has two or more firing modes, US soldiers fire in single rather than auto or burst, even as close as 50 yards.

Also, wow, you posted a lot of stuff last March that I don't remember if I downloaded and tested it. :shock:
I will need time for such tests.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 am

OK Myron. As i promised i reverted the MP-44 to its default firing modes in H&D Deluxe (full-auto and semi-auto).
Attachments
data.rar
Updated 17.05.2019
(559.64 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:08 pm

I managed to properly align the Bren LMG sights in 1st person view with the white aiming crosshair seen on the center of the screen. :cool:

See comparison pictures posted below. In my opinion now the Bren is "more comfortable" to use than before. What do You think?
Attachments
Edited Bren aim model.JPG
My edited Bren aim model
Edited Bren aim model.JPG (73.28 KiB) Viewed 11187 times
Default Bren aim model.JPG
Stock H&D Deluxe Bren aim model
Default Bren aim model.JPG (73.87 KiB) Viewed 11187 times

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:21 pm

what happens now when you turn the crosshair of? Is the pointing still correct?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:31 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:21 pm
what happens now when you turn the crosshair of? Is the pointing still correct?
Yes. When i turned the crosshair off the shots were pointed correctly (exactly where i directed the Bren's sights).

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:44 pm

I managed to properly align the MG-34 LMG sights in 1st person view with the white aiming crosshair seen on the center of the screen. :cool:

See comparison pictures posted below.
Attachments
Edited MG34 aim model.JPG
My edited MG-34 aim model
Edited MG34 aim model.JPG (74.26 KiB) Viewed 11144 times
Default MG34 aim model.png
Stock H&D Deluxe MG-34 aim model
Default MG34 aim model.png (733.72 KiB) Viewed 11144 times