H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:04 pm

andoodle wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:45 pm
Pardon me, sir. Back then, I had downloaded the 2.5-version of the mod. Unfortunately, it does not have the "Medal of Honor"-style aiming from within the first-person camera. Instead, when I press F4, the aiming is still similar to the vanilla Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe game, including its "Aim-Down-the-Sights" feature. That applies to the un-scoped Lee-Enfield No.4 rifle and the Carcano rifle (the latter rifle being when I had first picked it up) during the first mission in Yugoslavia.

Now, I had managed to install the base game in its own folder (NOT the Program Files (x86) folder), as ordered, in case you do not know yet.
Well, since the mod 2.3 update you can switch between side view aim mode with cross ("MOH style" aiming) to iron sights view aim mode ("Aim-Down-the-Sights" feature). It is mentioned in the mod Changelog. Quote:

"-> now you can switch between side view aim mode with cross to iron sights view aim mode by using right-mouse click. Doing that in case of scoped weapons will switch view to scope reticle. In order to enable that feature for both scoped and non-scoped weapons select the "New Zoom Control" checkbox in the control settings. Credits for NilsZ;

-> now you can switch between different scope zoom levels by using right-mouse click when the "New Zoom Control" checkbox is enabled in the control settings. When this option is disabled you can switch between side view aim mode and scope view by pressing the F4 key and adjust the zoom like in the unmodded game. Credits for NilsZ;
"

So, as you see those are intended mod features. I hope that these informations helped you. thup01
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

andoodle
Private

Unread post by andoodle » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:00 pm

Unfortunately, I do not really see the "New Zoom Control" checkbox within the Control settings. That, I am afraid, is the problem.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:03 pm

andoodle wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:00 pm
Unfortunately, I do not really see the "New Zoom Control" checkbox within the Control settings. That, I am afraid, is the problem.
Strange. I installed my mod (the latest 2.5 version) on few different PCs with various operating systems (including XP, Vista, 10) for testing and all of the available aim modes for custom weapons work properly on them. Maybe you installed something wrong? This "New Zoom Control" option looks like on the picture shown here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... n#imagebox
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andoodle
Private

Unread post by andoodle » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 pm

If that should be the case, what do I do to rectify this???

Also, I am not sure if I should ask this (or if this was asked already), but is there a Discord page I can use to mention such predicaments as this, or to keep up with the latest news regarding this and/or the Extended mod???

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:37 pm

andoodle wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 pm
If that should be the case, what do I do to rectify this???

Also, I am not sure if I should ask this (or if this was asked already), but is there a Discord page I can use to mention such predicaments as this, or to keep up with the latest news regarding this and/or the Extended mod???
There is a Discord page, but i didn't check it for a long time and there was little activity there. As far as i know latest news / mod updates are posted either on H&D forums or on ModDB.

In addition i could switch between iron sights view aim mode and side view aim mode (MOH-style) using either right mouse button or F4 key. Maybe check your key bindings in Options -> Controls? Another possibility is that you somehow mixed older mod version files with newer one or even with vanilla (unmodded) game. Be sure that you actually replaced all the old / default files with new ones.

The last mod version in which the "Medal of Honor style aim" for weapons in 1st person view was replaced with iron sights was version 2.2, which is no longer available on ModDB. I did that before NilsZ managed to implement into the game the dual-style aiming method that could be switched by the player. Since that time all the subsequent mod updates are using this feature including H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod 2.5.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:39 pm

andoodle wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:00 pm
What language are you using?
What version does the menu show after starting the game?

andoodle
Private

Unread post by andoodle » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:31 pm

I guess I saw the problem beforehand. I should have copied the folders that were in the "Ultimate Mod" 7z-file and pasted them into the main "Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe" folder. Originally, I was using the Good Old Games variant, which was before I had to use the original variant that is freeware, instead. Sorry about the confusion, gentlemen (and ladies). Carry on.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:53 pm

andoodle wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:45 pm
Pardon me, sir. Back then, I had downloaded the 2.5-version of the mod. Unfortunately, it does not have the "Medal of Honor"-style aiming from within the first-person camera. Instead, when I press F4, the aiming is still similar to the vanilla Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe game, including its "Aim-Down-the-Sights" feature. That applies to the un-scoped Lee-Enfield No.4 rifle and the Carcano rifle (the latter rifle being when I had first picked it up) during the first mission in Yugoslavia.

Now, I had managed to install the base game in its own folder (NOT the Program Files (x86) folder), as ordered, in case you do not know yet.
Try right-clicking when armed. 🙂

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:27 am

I imported the Flak 88 cannon model from Medal of Honor Spearhead into H&D Deluxe. Its the Winter camo variant. I created the destroyed version myself using original MOHSP textures, because there wasn't any by default to be found in the game files. I plan to add this custom Flak 88 cannon into the Ardennes campaign.

See pictures below. :cool:
Attachments
Flak88 MOHSP destroyed.png
Flak88 MOHSP destroyed.png (96.35 KiB) Viewed 27939 times
Flak88 MOHSP.png
Flak88 MOHSP.png (94.47 KiB) Viewed 27939 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:15 pm

I updated my custom PAK 40 anti-tank gun model by increasing the gun traverse and elevation to values closer to the real-life counterpart according to my research. Now not only the barrel moves to the sides, but the protective shield too, which is more realistic.

Unpack the PAK 40 update RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory (i.e. C:\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Replace files when asked. The package contains also 2 missions in which i placed the PAK 40 (Germany 5 and Prague 1).

Enjoy! :grin:
Attachments
PAK 40 update.rar
Updated 28/04/2023
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 140 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:15 pm

I added a custom, usable and destroyable 10.5 cm leFH 18 howitzer model into my modified Danube 1 mission among other minor changes i made.

See picture below.

Please unpack the content of the german howitzer RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe). Replace files when asked.

Attachments
german howitzer.rar
Custom howitzer model and texture, included updated Danube 1 mission.
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
German howitzer in Danube 1 mission.JPG
German howitzer in Danube 1 mission.JPG (95.22 KiB) Viewed 26676 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:01 pm

Huh, a pak-gun and a howitzer had a baby?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:21 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:01 pm
Huh, a pak-gun and a howitzer had a baby?
Well, this is actually a howitzer, but i suppose it could be used also as an anti-tank gun eventually: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10.5_cm_leFH_18

I downloaded the model from here: https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/heavy_weap ... fh-18.html

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:17 pm

Hello everyone,

i improved the quality of weapons shooting sounds from my mod by importing audio files from Medal of Honor Allied Assault, its expansions and COD2 Back2Fronts 1.0 mod (credits for MCh2207Cz from the ModDB community):

The following weapons now have new sounds:

-> BAR 1918

-> Carcano

-> M1 Garand

-> K98 Mauser

-> MAB 38

-> M1A1 Thompson

-> M3 Grease Gun

-> Lee Enfield

-> Mosin Nagant

-> PPSH-41 / PPS-43

-> Sten Mk.II

Unpack the content of the MOH weapons sounds RAR archive into your root H&D Deluxe install directory and replace files when asked. Those new sound files are only compatible with the newest H&D Deluxe Ultimate Mod 2.6 version, that you need to install first in order to hear them in-game.

Attachments
MOH weapons sounds.rar
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:10 pm

Hello everyone,

i imported the M1928A1 Thompson model from Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and implemented it into H&D Deluxe. Work in progress.

See pictures below. :cool:

I also resized the original MOHPA M1928A1 Thompson 30 round magazine to look like 20 round, since it would be more period accurate for equip into the first campaign in Yugoslavia that takes place in 1941 (30 round magazines were firstly introduced in 1942). The drum magazine despite looking cool was not much liked by the British and Commonwealth troops - being heavy and unreliable. Soldiers preferred stick magazines instead especially paratroopers and commandos. I plan the M1928A1 Thompson to replace the Sten MK.II in the first campaign of 1941, to reflect the fact that Thompsons were the first submachine guns type the British government purchased from US under Lend-Lease or from commercial market and used in WW2 before switching to Sten and Lanchester. In addition i made the M1A1 Thompson SMG to appear later in the game in the last 3 campaigns of my mod.
Attachments
New M1928A1 Thompson side view aim mode.png
New M1928A1 Thompson side view aim mode.png (793.65 KiB) Viewed 26123 times
New M1928A1 Thompson inventory icon.png
New M1928A1 Thompson inventory icon.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 26123 times
New M1928A1 Thompson in-game model.png
New M1928A1 Thompson in-game model.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 26123 times