H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, the ultimate mod: Guns

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:58 pm
Adding a completely brand new weapon?

Very ambitious. I can't wait to hear from this. :P
I added a new Webley Mk IV .38 inventory icon, in-game and aim models into H&D Deluxe. :cool:

The new Webley Mk IV. 38 revolver model and related texture were downloaded from https://p3dm.ru/files/weapon/ website.

The new weapon has also a realistic shooting sound, downloaded by me from Youtube using YTD Video Downloader and edited using Freemake Video Converter and Freemake Audio Converter to met the H&D Deluxe requirements for audio file.

Please let me know Myron, if you are interested, so i could upload all needed files.

See pictures below.
Attachments
New Webley Mk IV .38 aim model.JPG
New Webley Mk IV .38 aim model.JPG (99.84 KiB) Viewed 20464 times
New Webley Mk IV .38 in-game model.JPG
New Webley Mk IV .38 in-game model.JPG (51.06 KiB) Viewed 20492 times
New Webley Mk IV .38 inventory icon.JPG
New Webley Mk IV .38 inventory icon.JPG (109.01 KiB) Viewed 20492 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Unfortunately i came across a problem when adding the new Webley Mk IV .38 revolver into H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory list.

There is a max inventory items quantity restriction in each H&D Deluxe campaign (up to 32 items) - this is hardcoded.

I have a problem with the Norwegian campaign - there is no space left to add this new revolver into the campaign inventory list.

The only possible solution would be to remove one of the already existing items from the Norwegian campaign inventory list to create a space for the new Webley Mk IV .38 revolver.

I should take into consideration the removal of the following weapons from the H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory lists:

-> M1 Carbine,

-> PPSh-41 (only Greek partisans and Russian soldiers should use it in H&D Deluxe, the player could capture it during Greek and Czechoslovakian campaigns),

-> Johnson M41 rifle (obsolete in US arsenal later in WW2).

Of course, those weapons would be still present on the main inventory lists (inventry_0.tab and inventry_1.tab tables), so the AI (either friendly or enemy) and the player and his squad could use it when captured from fallen enemy, friendly or found somewhere during the mission.

By removing the weapons listed above from the H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens, i will make space for new weapons in future.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:25 pm

This is the list of recent changes that i have made in the data.dta archive:

- PPSh-41 submachine gun removed from ALL H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens (however the weapon would be still present in the game). The player and his squad could obtain examples in Greek and Czechoslovakian campaigns;

- The time-bomb removed from the Yugoslavian campaign inventory selection screen - like in the original H&D 1. The instructor mentioned, that we will be supplied with explosives later by the partisans. In reality, we don't need any time-bomb in this campaign, since the "Zelezna Vrata" lock could be blown up using the Tiger's tank cannon;

- The Johnson M41 rifle removed from ALL H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens;

- The M1 Carbine removed from ALL H&D 1 campaigns and one FFF campaign inventory selection screens, but i left the M1 Carbine for the Ardennes and Greek campaigns. The M1 Carbine was in use by US forces in WW2 and by other countries after WW2.

By removing the weapons listed above from the H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screen, i made space for new weapons in future.

I also recently added a brand new weapon into the H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens - the Webley Mk IV .38 revolver! :cool:

If you accept all the data.dta archive changes listed above, please let me know, so i will upload all needed files.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:08 am

I still use dynamite in Yugoslavia 2 and 3. Please leave it. Besides, removing it from 1 campaign will only open 1 slot for 1 campaign, and that would be silly.

If it must be removed to make room, then ok, you can remove the Johnson entirely, as I have the Lee Enfield to make up for it.

Given that the M1 Carbine was available early in the war, and the USA sent the UK over 200,000 of them, the M1 carbine should stay in our inventory.

Removing the Spagin entirely from selection is also understandable; but to make up for it, we will have to rework a few certain missions. My pop LOVES that Spagin. :cool:

As for the .38 Enfield, well, the 3rd-person view looks good, but the 1st-person looks small, and hard to make out.

I hate to say this now, but of the 4 players that consists of me, my two brothers and pop, only one, Victor, likes pistols.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:39 am

Myron wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:08 am
I still use dynamite in Yugoslavia 2 and 3. Please leave it. Besides, removing it from 1 campaign will only open 1 slot for 1 campaign, and that would be silly.
Well, i cannot agree with that. That was the idea of the original H&D 1 to remove the time-bomb from the Yugoslavian campaign inventory selection screen.

Together with the removal of Johnson M41, PPSh-41 and M1 Carbine there will be certainly more space for new weapons in H&D Deluxe than one in the Yugoslavian campaign inventory screen.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:43 am

Myron wrote:

As for the .38 Enfield, well, the 3rd-person view looks good, but the 1st-person looks small, and hard to make out.
OK. You are right Myron with this one. I resized the Webley Mk IV .38 aim model, so now it looks more realistic than earlier. See picture below.
Attachments
New Webley Mk IV .38 aim model.JPG
New Webley Mk IV .38 aim model.JPG (55.62 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:53 am

Myron wrote:
I hate to say this now, but of the 4 players that consists of me, my two brothers and pop, only one, Victor, likes pistols.
Well, i tried to find the best looking new models for the H&D Deluxe pistols on the Internet. The old default models aren't that good for sure. It is not easy to present a realistic iron sights model in H&D Deluxe - so i assume that this is the main and only reason why your family don't like the pistols in general in H&D Deluxe? Yes or not? I am curious. On a side note: the H&D Deluxe is a game almost 20 years old now (in the gaming world this is equal to ages), so people cannot expect the same graphics's quality like i.e. were in Call of Duty 1 or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (games also marked as "old" by the gaming industry and by nowadays young players).
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:01 am

Myron wrote:
Given that the M1 Carbine was available early in the war, and the USA sent the UK over 200,000 of them, the M1 carbine should stay in our inventory.

Removing the Spagin entirely from selection is also understandable; but to make up for it, we will have to rework a few certain missions. My pop LOVES that Spagin. :cool:
The M1 Carbine was not present originally in most of the H&D Deluxe campaigns, only in those that came with the FFF expansion, so there was surely a reason for that.

In addition, the M1 Carbine was not available early in the WW2 - opposite to your words. Quote from Wikipedia article: "During World War II, the British SAS used the M1 and M1A1 carbines after 1943". The full article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_carbine.

As for PPSh-41 i could probably add few examples into Yugoslavian campaign, as the Tito partisans were supplied by USSR with weapons. Plus PPSh-41 were made in huge numbers during WW2.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm

I decided to upload the new Webley Mk IV .38 model and all related files, so you could see and use this new weapon in H&D Deluxe. :cool:

Unpack the "Webley Mk IV .38.rar" archive (models.mod, maps.mod and sounds folders) into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe) - merge with the existing folders if needed.

I also uploaded an updated data.dta archive, which contains the new Webley Mk IV .38 revolver as well as other recent changes mentioned by me earlier. This data.dta archive version should be compatible with "H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls" mod and "THE H&D DELUXE ULTIMATE MOD NEW MODELS FOR DEFAULT WEAPONS PACK VERSION 3.0" mod (you will need this mod to be able to use the newest data.dta archive version).

Please Myron give me some feedback!
Attachments
Webley Mk IV .38.rar
Updated 11.02.2018
(4.09 MiB) Downloaded 442 times
data.rar
Updated 11.02.2018
(561.03 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:53 am
Myron wrote:
Well, i tried to find the best looking new models for the H&D Deluxe pistols on the Internet. The old default models aren't that good for sure. It is not easy to present a realistic iron sights model in H&D Deluxe - so i assume that this is the main and only reason why your family don't like the pistols in general in H&D Deluxe? Yes or not? I am curious. On a side note: the H&D Deluxe is a game almost 20 years old now (in the gaming world this is equal to ages), so people cannot expect the same graphics's quality like i.e. were in Call of Duty 1 or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (games also marked as "old" by the gaming industry and by nowadays young players).
Oh, please don't get me wrong; I love the models you've been getting.

It's just well, pistols fire slowly, have a very small range, and you must click fire just so that you can aim the pistol. They are impossible to shoot while moving. They are more like toys than weapons in this game. And therefore nobody except Victor arms themselves with one.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:01 am
Myron wrote:

1.) The M1 Carbine was not present originally in most of the H&D Deluxe campaigns, only in those that came with the FFF expansion, so there was surely a reason for that.

2.) In addition, the M1 Carbine was not available early in the WW2 - opposite to your words. Quote from Wikipedia article: "During World War II, the British SAS used the M1 and M1A1 carbines after 1943". The full article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_carbine.

3.) As for PPSh-41 i could probably add few examples into Yugoslavian campaign, as the Tito partisans were supplied by USSR with weapons. Plus PPSh-41 were made in huge numbers during WW2.
1.) That's because they neglected it for the vanilla; It's why I prefer modern DLC and patches over "expansion packs"; because it's all-too-often that expansion packs have stuff that for the vanilla game not to have is nonsensical. H&D 1 and 2, Age of Mythology, Red Alert 2, and many more serve as examples.

2.) First off, Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source, as it can be edited by anybody, you and me included. It's why teachers and professors disallow their students from using it.
But, for the benefit of doubt, let's say it's true; the Wikipedia page also says, "a decision had been taken by Allied authorities to supply .30 caliber weapons from US stocks in the weapons containers dropped to Resistance groups".

That means that Italy and Yugoslavia will need M1 Carbines; either in the hands of (possibly dead) partisans, and/or in those airdropped boxes with the green cover on them. But starting in 1943, they MUST be part of the weapon selection, from Germany onward.

3.) Yes, to make space, you can go ahead and remove the Spagin entirely from the campaign selection; especially since the USSR didn't export their weapons to the Allies, nor did we have enough reason to capture them. Plus, my pop would always take it, and that would kill any incentive to try out any other weapons, like the Thompson or Sten. My pop is that way.

Italy is right across the street* from Yugoslavia, so they too might have Spagins.

*Joking, I meant the Adriatic Sea.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 am

So, all weapons/items in, there are 32 spots.

Removing the Spagin and Johnson frees up two spots.
LEAVE the Carbine in; Victor and I love the Carbine.

For Norway, why not remove the Radio Transmitter from selection, and instead spawn them in boxes next to the boat in Norway 1? That would free up another spot, and unlike Dynamite, it's there for only one campaign.

It's so sad that the camera NEVER gets used as an objective; like taking snapshots of those drawing boards in the factory. And also, we have the perfectly good button of F11 that also takes pictures without the camera. So you can remove that to make space.

That makes 3 open spots, and you use 1 for the .38 Enfield.

P.S. All the weapons have been installed, the but the panzerfaust model is missing from weapons selections.
Just to let you know, all the Selection info I use comes from the Prague campaign weapon selection.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:26 am

But starting in 1943, they MUST be part of the weapon selection, from Germany onward.
OK, Myron. I will add the M1 Carbine to the H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens starting from the Germany campaign.

However, that doesn't mean, that the M1 Carbine "MUST be part of the weapon selection, from Germany onward", because i did this ONLY for your request! Don't forget that!
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:31 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 am
For Norway, why not remove the Radio Transmitter from selection, and instead spawn them in boxes next to the boat in Norway 1? That would free up another spot, and unlike Dynamite, it's there for only one campaign.

It's so sad that the camera NEVER gets used as an objective; like taking snapshots of those drawing boards in the factory. And also, we have the perfectly good button of F11 that also takes pictures without the camera. So you can remove that to make space.

P.S. All the weapons have been installed, the but the panzerfaust model is missing from weapons selections.
Just to let you know, all the Selection info I use comes from the Prague campaign weapon selection.
OK. I will remove the Radio Transmitter from the Norway campaign inventory selection screen and i will place 2 transmitters on a boat deck near the mission start.

I will also remove the Camera item from ALL H&D Deluxe campaigns as you suggested.

Maybe i forgot about adding the new Panzerfaust 60 model into the mod archive, i will check that.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 am

You are right Myron - the new Panzerfaust inventory icon model was missing. I re-uploaded the mod again on my Mediafire account: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8nkbzaxgs ... CK_3.0.rar. I apologize for that. However, don't use the data.dta archive version from "THE H&D DELUXE ULTIMATE MOD NEW MODELS FOR DEFAULT WEAPONS PACK VERSION 3.0" mod, because it is outdated!

Below i uploaded a newest data.dta archive version, that you should use together with "THE H&D DELUXE ULTIMATE MOD NEW MODELS FOR DEFAULT WEAPONS PACK VERSION 3.0" mod. You will also need this newest data.dta archive version to play the updated Norway 1 mission, uploaded on your H&D "Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls" forum thread: https://hidden-and-dangerous.net/board/ ... start=1035.

List of changes that i recently made in the data.dta archive:

- removed the Camera from ALL H&D Deluxe campaigns inventory selection screens,

- removed the Radio Targeting System from the Norway campaign inventory selection screen,

- added the M1 Carbine to the Germany, Norway, North Sea, Czechoslovakia and Poland campaigns inventory selection screens.

This data.dta archive version (marked as "Updated 12.02.2018") contains also the new Webley Mk IV .38 revolver on the inventory lists.
Below i uploaded again the archive that contains all Webley Mk IV.38 related files (new models, texture, sound) in case, that you missed the previous upload.

Please give me some feedback!
Attachments
Webley Mk IV .38.rar
(4.09 MiB) Downloaded 414 times
data.rar
Updated 12.02.2018
(561.02 KiB) Downloaded 299 times