England Deathmatch(training map)

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Tue May 24, 2005 12:41 pm

HI just making the training map into a deathmatch and wondered what people would like....
the things i want answered are?
Do you guys think doors should be unlocked to allow access to the hole map or just obsticle course? if there open the map is really large for a deathmatch because it extends all the way to the swimming pool:)
Should i leave the AI soilders in for fun(they dont move)
Any suggestions would be much considered..here are some images from so far
That guy always annoyed me for speaking of my mother :evil:
Last edited by Berry_Racer on Mon May 30, 2005 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackass
Lieutenant

Unread post by Jackass » Tue May 24, 2005 2:20 pm

Looks nice! Every door should be UNlocked and the AI people should be removed just like in a normal deatmatch! If you'd do that it'll be a huge succes I'll promise you. 8)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Tue May 24, 2005 2:29 pm

[quote=""Jackass""]Looks nice! Every door should be UNlocked and the AI people should be removed just like in a normal deatmatch! If you'd do that it'll be a huge succes I'll promise you. 8)[/quote]
at them moment im trying to remove the big doors completly exept for maybe the pool place because the rest actully has a nice wee circuit round. Also there seem to be alot of invisable walls which restrict climbing such as on the granade range which im trying to remove :wink:

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue May 24, 2005 2:48 pm

I?ve heard the GS clan started the same but struggled with the locked doors. At least I would easy remove them from scene and actors.
Keep up the work ... see IS we don?t need your help or your editors .. we could do it all alone :P ;)

Jackass
Lieutenant

Unread post by Jackass » Tue May 24, 2005 3:13 pm

Hell yeah! Keep it moddin' you brilliant modders! :lol:
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Mon May 30, 2005 4:36 am

Ok of changed the map to an occupation and its just about ready for realease i just need to fix a few things for looks, and ofcourse test it :)
Anyone have any suggestions where flags should be at this stage the axis start one is down by pool and the allies is up at the training course so apart from them were should the others go. There are five in total i could do more but it takes so much exporting and importing it drives me crazy :(
I also change alot of scenary from the scenes2 bin, and it is a darker map near night time i guess but anyway here are some scenes.
P.s it may look diffent due to other objects being placed in from other maps :) and i majorly edited the lighting :twisted:

creepy
Private

Unread post by creepy » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:01 am

nods01

cool
.-

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:20 am

Hi sorry about the delay in the map ive just hit a dead end i cant seem to solve :(
Its the invisable wall protecting the explosive pit and firing range, ive tried everything i can think of, but all ive managed to do is make it, so that you can pass through it when its not invisable :(
the two objects are called xx_border03 and 04 also there might be some ocluders involved :evil:
The objects are located in the >scene.4ds folder, scene, scenes2 and volumy but they just wont make it go away :x

If i replace the string with just meaninless symbols i get the wall become uninvisable but pass throughable(if theres such a word) :(

the wall is invisable from the othe side 8)

and if i delete it out right :twisted: i get huge holes in the map

So if anyone has any suggestions plz, let me know or if you want to have ago yourself just pm and ill send you what ive done...or just take alook at the training map. Also if anyone wants any tips on making sp map into a mp map (not coop) just pm and ill tell ya what little i know :).