Birds of prey map

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Wed May 18, 2005 1:00 am

I was just play the birds of prey map, and for the first time i really studied the ground below. It was actully a really good looking map with water holes, areas of srub and streams. Thats were my question comes in :roll: I was just wondering if anyone though it was possible to edit it onto an occupation or objectives map. It is quite big so you probably would have to cut it up. But anyway is there a chance of this happening? :)

Lars
Commando

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Lars » Wed May 18, 2005 1:41 am

Well I had a walk in it ... but if you ever will go in it you would be realy wonder how huge these maps could be :D .... the map is nice but for occupation or objective just to big by walking you might need an hour from one end to the other

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Wed May 18, 2005 11:41 am

Well that problem is easily solved with a few jeeps and tanks. :D Plus a few wrecked 109s for effect. :wink:

Lars
Commando

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Lars » Wed May 18, 2005 12:40 pm

Well even if you put in some jeeps you will need much time... well ok they removed the fuelmeters but it would take still lot of time to find any enemy :lol:

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Wed May 18, 2005 3:06 pm

Well like Berry said you could just use part of it. I've not really studies the ground properly so I don't exactly know how big it really is or what its like but it seems a shame to let it go to waste.

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Wed May 18, 2005 9:57 pm

well it could be used for a desert rally map :wink:
or if it were an occupation you could put lots of flags so that it wouldnt be such a big walk between them, then you could have 10 hour battles :twisted:

creepy
Private

Birds of prey map

Unread post by creepy » Thu May 19, 2005 12:17 am

:P :P :P
.-

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Thu May 19, 2005 4:31 pm

I had a proper look at the map earlier and you're right, it really is HUGE! The wide open section near then end is big enough for a massive long range battle, hell you could have aircraft dogfights in it. :D Its not very detailed but that can be fixed. I need to learn the editor more so I can make the ideas I've got for this. 8)

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Fri May 20, 2005 12:09 am

[quote=""Lardassmonkey""]I had a proper look at the map earlier and you're right, it really is HUGE! The wide open section near then end is big enough for a massive long range battle, hell you could have aircraft dogfights in it. :D Its not very detailed but that can be fixed. I need to learn the editor more so I can make the ideas I've got for this. 8)[/quote]
hehe did you see the water hole, i wonder what happens to our soldiers when we run in it, for as far as i can remember the only water else where is just a straight deep drop, this one looks shallow. We might even be able to go 4 wheel driving off road in our jeeps :D
look forward to playing your ideas....if you ever get round to learning how to put them into the game :P

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Fri May 20, 2005 11:22 am

hehe did you see the water hole, i wonder what happens to our soldiers when we run in it, for as far as i can remember the only water else where is just a straight deep drop, this one looks shallow.
I was thinking the same thing with the river, that looks quite shallow. Could do some streambed racing. :D That oasis looks like the perfect place for an SAS/LRDG base though. 8)
if you ever get round to learning how to put them into the game
Don't worry, I'll get learning that editor. :wink:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Birds of prey map

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat May 21, 2005 5:23 pm

Id like the whole thing, if it becums a realization Id host it all the time. :)

I like Obj better then Occu, flags just ruin the scenery.

Where can I get the mappy where I can run around in it?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Birds of prey map

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Mon May 23, 2005 1:03 am

[quote=""Berry_Racer""]hehe did you see the water hole, i wonder what happens to our soldiers when we run in it, for as far as i can remember the only water else where is just a straight deep drop, this one looks shallow. We might even be able to go 4 wheel driving off road in our jeeps :D
[/quote]
Unfortunitly i took a look from on ground and the water hold is just a blue colout painted on the ground with a thin later of water hovering about chest hight in the air.... it looks very silly, exept for the water fall which is great :)

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Birds of prey map

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue May 24, 2005 4:24 am

So, how do I get down there?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: