H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Unread post by Myron » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 am

It's long overdue that we stop nitpicking and come up with the best, united setting there is, both in gameplay, and in the missions. Finish our little corrections once and for all.

This job, if accepted, will be unprecedented. It will surpass everything else that has been attempted here before. It's not to be released until it is actually finished, not halfway. It requires no small amount of courage.

The missions will come later, right now, let's focus on the basics.

1.) The music, is there any way to bring back the vanilla menu music, and have the menu alternate between playing it, and the DB/FFF theme music?

2.A.) Soldiers; is there any way to bring in the soldiers from DB/FFF, and have them available in addition to the vanilla soldiers?

2.B.) Speaking of which, what about facial variety that the games used to have?

3.A.) Weapons sights; can someone PLEASE make ALL weapon-sights DB/FFF style when in first person? The way they are now, it's "some do, some don't", which looks silly.

3.B.) Weapon weight, can we make them all the lighter/more reasonable weight like they were in DB/FFF?

3.C.) Rates of fire, is there any way to alternate between weapon versions?
Like the vanilla MP44 is much better than the DB/FFF version, but the DB/FFF version of the MP40 is much better than the vanilla.

3.D.) Grenade colors, is there a poll where we can vote on preferences?

3.E.) ALL USA and UK weapons should be available from the start.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Unread post by Myron » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Sadly, even with instructions, I have no idea how to fulfill this dream of mine; a dream which I am pretty sure is shared by other H&D fans.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:38 am

p.jakub88 's changes to the German uniforms are awesome on certain units, but look wrong on others.

For example, the men in the blue uniforms and black hats are supposed to be mechanics/engineers. Blue was their outfit.

P.S. Does anyone know why the German uniforms in the 3rd campaign are completely useless, other than as a story tool?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:38 am
p.jakub88 's changes to the German uniforms are awesome on certain units, but look wrong on others.

For example, the men in the blue uniforms and black hats are supposed to be mechanics/engineers. Blue was their outfit.

P.S. Does anyone know why the German uniforms in the 3rd campaign are completely useless, other than as a story tool?

Well, the third campaign as i remember correctly took place in Germany, right? So, there is a setting in stock missions, than even when You men are wearing German uniforms they are recognized immediately, lol. I changed that, so unless You are staying close to them for too long or behave strange (i.e. shooting) You will be compromised.

I tried to create "Kriegsmarine" sailor and officer uniforms as realistic as possible - well i made this using just Paint and Google graphics as a reference, so the results could be average. See pictures below.

For other German uniforms textures i used new skins downloaded from here: http://oldsite.hidden-and-dangerous.net ... acters.php
Attachments
Kriegsmarine_uniforms_and_insignia.PNG
Kriegsmarine_uniforms_and_insignia.PNG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 353434 times
Kriegsmarine officer.jpeg
Kriegsmarine officer.jpeg (2.9 KiB) Viewed 353438 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:00 am

So, is it a bug, that the uniforms don't work in Germany? Or in the final Norway mission?

I just now, with your data file installed, holstered my gun and tried entering Steiner's backyard, and got sniped by the German sniper on the balcony.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:02 am

Does the data file affect ALL the missions, as well as the basics?

By "basics", I mean the guns, vehicles, and sound effects.

I ask because I remember trying Jason's version of H&DD, and I remember having to change more than just the data.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:07 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:00 am
So, is it a bug, that the uniforms don't work in Germany? Or in the final Norway mission?

I just now, with your data file installed, holstered my gun and tried entering Steiner's backyard, and got sniped by the German sniper on the balcony.

Hello,

this is not a bug - this was made for purpose in the stock H&D Deluxe campaign in Germany by game developers.

In the final Norway mission, You will be compromised as soon as the German troops run through the tunnel - before that You are safe - if i remember correctly.

I edited the stock mission, that took place in Steiner's villa and You could actually kill silently few guards inside with the knife. I thought, it would be more realistic to not be recognized immediately while wearing German uniforms. Look here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2589&start=15. Post from Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:18 pm. However, as You enter the backyard You are clearly visible to the German sniper on balcony for a long period of time, so he will recognize You. That is the way, that it works in H&D Deluxe.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:07 am
Myron wrote:

Hello,

this is not a bug - this was made for purpose in the stock H&D Deluxe campaign in Germany by game developers.

In the final Norway mission, You will be compromised as soon as the German troops run through the tunnel - before that You are safe - if i remember correctly.

I edited the stock mission, that took place in Steiner's villa and You could actually kill silently few guards inside with the knife. I thought, it would be more realistic to not be recognized immediately while wearing German uniforms.
:mrgreen:
You don't need to greet me every time you respond. I know when you are online, and you are here, talking to me right now.

Correction: I think you mean "on purpose", not "for purpose". Another word is "deliberate".
So you mean that the developers deliberately made the uniforms useless as disguises, even in the early missions?

When you say "stock mission", do you mean the ones that came with the game?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:13 am

Also, nope, you are recognized immediately in the final Norway mission.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:07 am
Myron wrote:

Hello,

I edited the stock mission, that took place in Steiner's villa and You could actually kill silently few guards inside with the knife. I thought, it would be more realistic to not be recognized immediately while wearing German uniforms.
:mrgreen:
You don't need to greet me every time you respond. I know when you are online, and you are here, talking to me right now.

Correction: I think you mean "on purpose", not "for purpose". Another word is "deliberate".
So you mean that the developers deliberately made the uniforms useless as disguises, even in the early missions?

When you say "stock mission", do you mean the ones that came with the game?

LOL, yeah i mean "on purpose".

Oh, i edited also the last mission of the Norwegian campaign - You will be compromised as soon as the German troops run through the tunnel - before that You are safe. Now i remember, lol. Look here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2589. Post from Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:34 pm.

Well, this i don't know, since i used only German uniforms in stock (default) H&D Deluxe missions. I never used them in other missions.

So, the word "stock" mean vanilla, default - missions that came with the game.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 am

Myron wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:02 am
Does the data file affect ALL the missions, as well as the basics?

By "basics", I mean the guns, vehicles, and sound effects.

I ask because I remember trying Jason's version of H&DD, and I remember having to change more than just the data.

Yes, the data.dta file affects all missions - stock ones and add-ons.

The default sounds for H&D Deluxe weapons are stored in the sounds.dta archive as well as other sound files.

The default weapons models are stored in models.dta archive as well as other game models (vehicles, buildings, etc).

The available list of inventory items with all their settings is stored in the inventry_0.tab (for H&D) and in the inventry_1.tab (for Fight for Freedom expansion) inside data.dta archive.

All the default game textures and images are stored in the maps.dta archive.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 am

Given that the M1 Carbine, Thompson, Spagin, and other DB/FFF-only weapons are "Medal of Honor" style, why not make the rest of the weapons that way?

Why not give us ALL the grenades, both the green potato masher AND the tan one, along with that gray one that looks like a top? I'd also like to see the black British grenade that DB/FFF had.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:55 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 am
Given that the M1 Carbine, Thompson, Spagin, and other DB/FFF-only weapons are "Medal of Honor" style, why not make the rest of the weapons that way?

Why not give us ALL the grenades, both the green potato masher AND the tan one, along with that gray one that looks like a top? I'd also like to see the black British grenade that DB/FFF had.

Hello Myron,

well, i personally prefer the weapons with iron sights in action games like the ones from Call of Duty 1. The reason is, that the aiming is easier and accuracy is higher. The better idea would be to replace the non-iron sights of those weapons mentioned by You with iron sights. That could be done using 3ds Max, because the weapons iron-sights models are in *.i3d format.

About the grenades: adding them into the inventory list is possible, however adding their descriptions could be sometimes problematic, because the description must match the "item position" in the game inventory screen. I don't like the idea to have even the German grenades available from the start in H&D Deluxe. You could still gather them from dead enemies or ammo crates.

However, that are only my opinions, You could of course disagree with me - since this is a discussion thread.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:55 am
Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 am

About the grenades: adding them into the inventory list is possible, however adding their descriptions could be sometimes problematic, because the description must match the "item position" in the game inventory screen. I don't like the idea to have even the German grenades available from the start in H&D Deluxe. You could still gather them from dead enemies or ammo crates.

However, that are only my opinions, You could of course disagree with me - since this is a discussion thread.
No, no, I didn't mean "from the very start", I mean can ALL types exist at the same time? Like, if I loot a dead Kraut, could he have, say, one tan potato masher, AND one green potato masher, AND that gray grenade that looks like a top, all at the same time?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 pm

"No, no, I didn't mean "from the very start", I mean can ALL types exist at the same time? Like, if I loot a dead Kraut, could he have, say, one tan potato masher, AND one green potato masher, AND that gray grenade that looks like a top, all at the same time?"

Of course that they could exist at the same time. The only problem would be to equip EACH German soldier with those type of grenades...

Moreover, i don't think than in WW II they carried out all those types of grenades at the same time, since their purposes were different.

This would lead to a major supply problem for the Wehrmacht as they fought on 2 war fronts at the same time.