H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
Myron
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 pm

And to the "iron sights", can you show snapshots what the iron sights of the M1 carbine, Thompson, and Spagin look like in Hidden and Dangerous?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 pm
And to the "iron sights", can you show snapshots what the iron sights of the M1 carbine, Thompson, and Spagin look like in Hidden and Dangerous?

Well, You are actually "shooting from the hip" using these weapons in H&D Deluxe as far as i know. Those weapons have no iron sights in H&D Deluxe. They need to be made from scratch using some reference sources and 3d modelling software like 3ds Max.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:10 pm
Myron wrote:

Well, You are actually "shooting from the hip" using these weapons in H&D Deluxe as far as i know. Those weapons have no iron sights in H&D Deluxe. They need to be made from scratch using some reference sources and 3d modelling software like 3ds Max.
Exactly, and that is why I figured it would be easier to simply use the same MOH style models that DB/FFF has for ALL weapons.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:10 pm
Myron wrote:

Exactly, and that is why I figured it would be easier to simply use the same MOH style models that DB/FFF has for ALL weapons.

Well, in my opinion this is not good and not realistic at all. Maybe Rambo could fire from hip accurately killing hundreds of Vietcong and NVA troops, but in real war this lead to waste of ammo. Good for close-quarters suppressing fire from i.e. Thompson and BAR 1918 as i saw on many WW II footage, but that's all. I know only about one action game series, where suppressing fire technique is incorporated into Single Player mode: Brothers in Arms. You will still need iron sights to take out targets at longer ranges. Keep in mind, that Sniper rifles were few and only issued to specially trained soldiers.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

All you have to do is press F4, and you have crosshairs, so it's not like "shooting from the hip."

Also, it's not really shooting from the hip, but from the shoulder; you just aren't looking down the sights. Have you never fired a weapon?

P.S. Do you have a Steam account?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm
All you have to do is press F4, and you have crosshairs, so it's not like "shooting from the hip."

Also, it's not really shooting from the hip, but from the shoulder; you just aren't looking down the sights. Have you never fired a weapon?

P.S. Do you have a Steam account?

Well, maybe You are right - i didn't used weapons from Fright for Freedom expansion from a long time. Still this isn't accurate and comfortable way of aiming in my opinion - even with the crosshair enabled.

I was on shooting range few times, using AK-47, Mosin-Nagant and other weapons.

I don't have a Steam account.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:39 pm

See? So from the perspective, it's from the shoulder, not the hip.

I took mu 8mm Mauser to the range the other day; I have for gotten how hard it kicks! :)

Aw Man, with Steam, I could make a proposition; you make a new data file, and I pay you back with a gift via Steam. Any game of your choice.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:39 pm
See? So from the perspective, it's from the shoulder, not the hip.

I took mu 8mm Mauser to the range the other day; I have for gotten how hard it kicks! :)

Aw Man, with Steam, I could make a proposition; you make a new data file, and I pay you back with a gift via Steam. Any game of your choice.
Well, thank You for the generous offer, but this isn't necessary really. I am guessing, that You are an American, because in USA lots of people have their own weapon - i am right? The Austrian Glock 9 mm handgun has also big recoil. I personally prefer bolt-action rifles and assault rifles. I wonder, how big is the recoil in semi-automatic rifles like in the M1 Garand? As Poland was a part of the "Eastern Block countries" there is easier to obtain post-soviet weapons like AK-47, than others in the shooting range.

What do You mean by a new data file? What changes You want me to make in it?

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Indeed. :)
But there are a few other nations, like Switzerland and Israel, where people do have gun rights.

A brand new data file, not a change from the one you have.
For example, the one I desperately want for me and my family has no changes to the uniforms, all gun-sights are DB/FFF style.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:02 pm

And many more little changes.
I can't make it because Editor simply falls apart in my hands. And I know nothing.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:01 pm
Indeed. :)
But there are a few other nations, like Switzerland and Israel, where people do have gun rights.

A brand new data file, not a change from the one you have.
For example, the one I desperately want for me and my family has no changes to the uniforms, all gun-sights are DB/FFF style.

Hello,

So i guessed correctly. To be honest i knew that earlier, because most of the Americans refer to Germans as "Krauts" and Japanese as "Japs".

Uniform textures are not stored in data.dta archive.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Together, we can create a new mod. A new mod that starts from the game, not from another mod.

You work the editor, and I do all the planning, organizing, and if you get a Steam account, I can provide you compensation.

Are you interested?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 pm
Together, we can create a new mod. A new mod that starts from the game, not from another mod.

You work the editor, and I do all the planning, organizing, and if you get a Steam account, I can provide you compensation.

Are you interested?

Hmm, i will think about it. Give me more details about Your proposed changes in H&D Deluxe, so i will tell You if that is possible to make or not according to my actual H&D Deluxe modding knowledge.

I am quite skilled with using HD Editor and i have experience in using 3ds Max software, but i have little experience in actual 3d model-making and re-texturing. If you want new models, i will try to download them and convert to be usable. However, some of the 3d models available to download from the Internet are not free - You need to pay for them at least few Dollars or Euro. The quality and number of details on them also vary greatly. So far i used only free models in my add-ons.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:02 pm
And many more little changes.
I can't make it because Editor simply falls apart in my hands. And I know nothing.

Well, i started my H&D Deluxe modding work from watching these tutorials: http://oldsite.hidden-and-dangerous.net ... orials.php, asking questions on forum and i learned from my mistakes. In addition, there are many useful 3ds Max tutorials on Youtube that i actually watched. I will recommend to check all that. The hardest part in my opinion is to make a brand new map - for most of my add-ons i used edited stock H&D Deluxe maps. All the rest is only a time-consuming process.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Go back to the very first post of this thread to see the basics, and then I can show you possible changes to the missions.