H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe, The ultimate mod; Discussion

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:49 pm

I finally managed to fix the incorrect text description of the German uniform item , that i added into the 3rd H&D Deluxe campaign. See picture below.
Attachments
German uniform fixed.JPG
German uniform fixed.JPG (105.32 KiB) Viewed 26372 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Well, I plan on combining this data file with your modified missions, so they will be available from dead Krauts, no?

Hmm, you may have accidently deleted the K98 non-scoped rifle, as it is never available in the first 6 campaigns. I checked them one-by-one. I figured it would be available starting at Yugoslavia.
The German gray grenade is also never made available.

The MP44 starting in the Poland campaign, Operation Mystic Wings, is still the slower version. :sad:

Sad that you had to change the Enfield rifle model, as the 10-round model is based on the older WWI rifle. It's ok, the description is a little off; the MK-4 model is the stock one, not the FFF one. ;) Otherwise, thank you very much for that. nods01

Good news though, I think non-scoped Enfield could pass off as a Mosin-Nagant, so you can equip Soviets with it. smile01

Speaking of grenades, bad news, the No.69 Grenade is timed, when it's supposed to be impact.

You say that the campaign item selection has a capacity for 65 options, no? I counted them in Czechoslovakia, and it's only 30. Plenty of space! :mrgreen:

I did some thinking, and I think having the German uniform in the Germany selection is pointless, as we spawn with it already. BTW, is the gray cunt-cap the only uniform option?

What is your opinion of the AT-mine pressure sensitivity?

Hello,

This data.dta will not be compatible with most of my add-ons, because i use different item list there. I told you that before.

The Mauser K98 rifle could be missing, i will check that.

The gray grenade is from FFF expansion, so it will need to be added to the stock H&D inventory.

MP44 - strange i will need to check that.

No.69 grenade - i will check that.

About German uniforms - in the 1st mission of the Germany campaign we are dressed in standard SAS uniforms...

There are other models of German uniforms available, maybe there is possible to use them too in the campaign.

AT mine - i have no opinion at all.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm

By "add-ons", do you mean all your modified campaign missions too?

The AT is the large black mine used for tanks in the game. Right now, it's pressure sensitive, so infantry can't set it off.
But in the classical game, it was an AWESOME weapon to use against a tight group of infantry, like in the Yugoslavia 2 mission, when the enemy storms out of pub. funny02
Although, in the classical game, they could not be destroyed by German artillery, like in Germany 6. I remember when I played Deluxe for the first time, I was shocked when my mines all blew up by the artillery. :shock:

That reminds me, in Ardennes 2 and Greece 2, there are these little black mines that look like the stock AT mines, only smaller, found on the roads. They CAN be set off by infantry, and CAN damage tanks, but their explosion is like the AP mines, which do no harm to tanks.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Myron wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm
By "add-ons", do you mean all your modified campaign missions too?

Probably yes.

i managed to add to stock H&D inventory list the standard Mauser K98 rifle, however there is again a wrong description problem.

I changed the No. 69 British grenades to have impact exploders, just like in the FFF. I simply didn't notice, that i forgot about it.

I will also need to add the German gray grenade from FFF into stock H&D.

It was so time consuming process, that i forgot about those things.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 pm

I again thank you ever so much for your time!
Right now, I am trying to find a way to contact Hangar 13, the people I think currently own Hidden and Dangerous. If I can find their address, I could start a petition for Hidden and Dangerous 3.

The radio receiver is useless in every campaign except Normandy, so it can go if space is needed. Still, you said the inventory can hold 65 things, right now, only 30 occupy the spots.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:55 pm

I managed to add the German Eihandgranate 39 and Mauser Kar98 rifle into the inventory list of stock H&D, but unfortunately there are again some wrong descriptions. Maybe i will try to figure it out. See pictures below.
Attachments
Anti-infantry mine.JPG
Anti-infantry mine.JPG (99.77 KiB) Viewed 26360 times
Anti-tank mine.JPG
Anti-tank mine.JPG (99.8 KiB) Viewed 26360 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:22 am

Aren't you sleepy by now?
I am truly grateful to you, but I don't wish to make you work during your sleeping hours.

Wow, this game has a weird side.

If you need help, here is what I found in the old manual;

Anti-Tank Mine - Used mainly against armored vehicles. Explosion is concentrated to penetrate armor.

Anti-Personnel Mine - used for the elimination of infantry. More dispersed explosion.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:42 am

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:22 am
Aren't you sleepy by now?
I am truly grateful to you, but I don't wish to make you work during your sleeping hours.

Wow, this game has a weird side.

If you need help, here is what I found in the old manual;

Anti-Tank Mine - Used mainly against armored vehicles. Explosion is concentrated to penetrate armor.

Anti-Personnel Mine - used for the elimination of infantry. More dispersed explosion.

I give up - this is really f***ed up. There is always some wrongly assigned items descriptions, no matter what combination i am trying.

Each time i upload an updated data.dta archive, you ask me for further changes. It will never ends. As a result of constant changing of the tables inside the data.dta archive, i broke the file completely - at least i made earlier a backup. I don't know, if i manage to fix those problems. I will try tomorrow to edit the data.dta archive while using another PC, where the H&D Deluxe is not installed on the OS hard drive. I don't know any other solution.

I was never interested in modifying the items arrangement in the campaign inventory, because this has no influence on the H&D Deluxe gameplay at all.

It only makes sense when adding new items into the list, but the list will be useless, when trying to apply it to some add-ons made by me and others.

As a results, some enemies from those add-ons won't have their weapons equipped and end up with empty hands or there will be simply a game CTD.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:36 am

I managed to add the Mauser K98 and German Einhandgranate 39 into the stock H&D campaign inventory.

I changed also the No. 69 grenade to impact exploder.

The solution was to unpack data.dta archive to desktop, open it using HDD Editor and make changes to it.

I installed my H&D Deluxe in Program Files folder, so maybe there are some files access problems.

I finally decided to remove the description of both mine types, since they have still names assigned in campaign inventory.

Moreover, it is obvious for which role they were created. :grin:

It is a solution, which is not 100% perfect, but it is the only way i know.

Howewer, i am still not able to change the FFF MP44 shot delay values and other settings (like clip capacity). I will keep trying.
Attachments
anti-infantry mine.JPG
anti-infantry mine.JPG (172.05 KiB) Viewed 26337 times
anti-tank mine.JPG
anti-tank mine.JPG (173.25 KiB) Viewed 26337 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:50 pm

I finally managed to edit the MP44 in FFF. :grin:

The good news is, that now you will have ALL items from stock H&D and stock FFF in one inventory list! thup01

I decided to remove the German uniform from the inventory list of the 3rd H&D Deluxe campaign (Germany).

I uploaded once more the data.dta archive. Please download and test it!

I could create an universal list of inventory items for all my future add-ons - this way it would be always compatible. However, i don't plan to make any new add-on in near future. Moreover, i will not edit the existing item lists for my previous H&D Deluxe add-ons, because this will require to edit each mission and each enemy soldier, to assign him the required weapon ID number. All my H&D Deluxe add-ons were made long before i uploaded for you the edited data.dta archive.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Attachments
Modified data - updated.rar
Updated version 27.09.2017
(559.3 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Lovely to hear the better rate of fire.
I suppose reducing the MP44 to only 30 rounds per magazine is more realistic.

Something strange has happened though.
I tested it out in Poland 1 as I always do, and the officer in the jeep that you must eliminate has changed. He used to carry a Luger with 120 rounds, and a spare officer uniform. Now he carries 120 No69 grenades and a helmeted SAS uniform in his inventory.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:26 pm

As for the mines, 'tis totally ok. We get the gist of it all anyway. thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:25 pm
Lovely to hear the better rate of fire.
I suppose reducing the MP44 to only 30 rounds per magazine is more realistic.

Something strange has happened though.
I tested it out in Poland 1 as I always do, and the officer in the jeep that you must eliminate has changed. He used to carry a Luger with 120 rounds, and a spare officer uniform. Now he carries 120 No69 grenades and a helmeted SAS uniform in his inventory.

That is the side effect of my changes, that i worried about. Because of the changed ID of items, he is now equipped with different stuff. This could happen in FFF expansion, but not in the stock 1-6 H&D campaigns.

You wanted me to make the MP44 like in the stock H&D - so this is the effect. This was the only item from the FFF inventory, that i wasn't able to edit for whatever reason. I decided to replace the FFF inventory table with the H&D table.

I could still revert to previous settings and You will have the old inventory table for FFF with correct items ID, but with the unchanged MP44 - decision is up to you.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:43 pm

A very weird side effect.
If only Illusion Softworks took more time testing out the game, and did a better job bridging campaigns 1-6 with 7-9. :sad:

Still, with the right editing, surely that officer can be corrected. And his unarmed driver could carry a spare uniform too. :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Myron wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:43 pm
A very weird side effect.
If only Illusion Softworks took more time testing out the game, and did a better job bridging campaigns 1-6 with 7-9. :sad:

Still, with the right editing, surely that officer can be corrected. And his unarmed driver could carry a spare uniform too. :grin:

Well, i wouldn't be so optimistic as you are - it means the editing of all 3 FFF campaigns, because for 100% there will be other problems.

I will revert to the previous FFF inventory table with unchanged MP44, but with the newest updated H&D table. If you like you could test this new update as well. In campaigns 1-6 you will have stock H&D and FFF items. In campaigns 7-9 you will have only stock FFF items with unchanged MP44.

Maybe i will figure out, how to edit the MP44 in FFF. There could be also possibility to add some stock H&D items into FFF inventory list, but i am not sure if this will work correctly.
Attachments
Modified data - stock FFF MP44.rar
MP44 from FFF left unchanged (update 27.09.2017)
(560.7 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.