The island hopping - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

The island hopping - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with you my fortieth-sixth created mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "The island hopping".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the *.rar archives into your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data) and replace data.dta with the new one. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game, choose play add-on and select "The island hopping" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

NEW GUINEA, 1944. There is a small island northwest of New Guinea held by the Japanese. Our objective is to secure an airstrip on it. We will arrive by landing craft. We need to eliminate all enemy resistance, blow up anti-aircraft gun, all enemy planes and all fuel tanks. Then we need to escape by jeep deeper into the island. Good luck!

CREDITS

To NilsZ for providing info about creating destroyable models in 3ds max.
The wooden hut model was downloaded from www.sharecg.com. The palm tree models and related textures were downloaded from www.turbosquid.com. The Japanese anti-aircraft gun, the bunker, the Japanese plane models and related textures were downloaded from www.cadnav.com, except for the destroyable versions which i made myself. I made few new models (i.e. Type 92 machine gun).
I also re-textured some already existed default H&D Deluxe objects (i.e. enemy uniforms).

IMPORTANT INFO

To destroy the Japanese anti-aircraft gun and fuel tanks You will need to put a time-bomb near each of them. To destroy parked planes You could throw a grenade near them, put a time-bomb or shot at it with jeep mounted machine-gun. I created a new inventory item called "time-bomb with amatol" for the purpose of other mission add-ons made earlier, but please choose the default one. There are 1 anti-aircraft gun, 5 planes and 4 fuel tanks in total to destroy. To complete the mission You will need to escape by jeep towards the forest when You fulfilled all previous objectives. Due to the mission size it could take some time to load it - please be patient!

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If you downloaded my mission add-on please give me your feedback. I am waiting your comment. :grin:

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I re-uploaded the data.rar file once again. It seems, that there were some files missing inside the data.dta archive preventing from launching the game. I apologize for that.

I re-uploaded the mission once again. I edited one of the Japanese soldiers in the guard towers, to be able to open fire from greater distance than before with his Type 92 mounted machine-gun. I added the tactical map view for this mission.
Attachments
The island hopping.rar
Updated version 04.10.2017
(14.78 MiB) Downloaded 469 times
data.rar
Updated version 16.09.2017
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 449 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 15 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: The island hopping - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Below i posted 1 image from "The island hopping" mission add-on.
Attachments
The airstrip on the island.JPG
The airstrip on the island.JPG (85.61 KiB) Viewed 8352 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: The island hopping - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Hello everyone,

i recently updated "The island hopping" mission addon and uploaded it on my ModDB account: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hd-deluxe-ul ... ion-addon1

For more info read the description found in the link above.

Enjoy! :grin: