Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
User avatar
Myron
Commando
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: USA

Re: Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by Myron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Ok, I reinstalled the Data, and now the "Time-bomb with Amatol" is now on the menu.

However, how do I place it? If I simply "select it", I simply holster the gun. I don't "place it" like I would with a real time bomb or a radio transmitter.

If I "dump it", well, I dump the charge, but no "complete" comes from it.

P.S. The Navy was never a study of mine; is the "bridge" where the steering wheel is?
Attachments
Picture from Sea wolves #1.png
Picture from Sea wolves #1.png (912.93 KiB) Viewed 1371 times

User avatar
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Myron wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 pm
Ok, I reinstalled the Data, and now the "Time-bomb with Amatol" is now on the menu.

However, how do I place it? If I simply "select it", I simply holster the gun. I don't "place it" like I would with a real time bomb or a radio transmitter.

If I "dump it", well, I dump the charge, but no "complete" comes from it.

P.S. The Navy was never a study of mine; is the "bridge" where the steering wheel is?

Finally some god news from your side. thup01

You need first to select the time-bomb with Amatol from the inventory while playing the mission, then press and hold ENTER (by default) and release the key - this way the bomb will be placed on the ground. There should be a "hand" icon turned down. The time-bomb with Amatol is actually a dummy - it cannot explodes. I made this for purpose - making a whole ship a destroyable model would be almost impossible.

Yes, the "bridge" is where the steering wheel is located. Place the time-bomb with Amatol close to the central steering wheel and you will complete the objective number 1.

The last time-bomb with Amatol need to be placed at the middle of the main ammunition storage (see the pictures that i posted earlier in this topic).
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

User avatar
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:41 am

So, Myron did you manage to finally complete the "Sea wolves" add-on or not? :roll:

By the way i am working on a new H&D Deluxe add-on. It is almost finished. :cool:
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

User avatar
Myron
Commando
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: USA

Re: Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by Myron » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:52 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:41 am
So, Myron did you manage to finally complete the "Sea wolves" add-on or not? :roll:

By the way i am working on a new H&D Deluxe add-on. It is almost finished. :cool:
Yes, I have.

Man, you've quite the addiction. :lol: Or obsession. My sleepy brain can't figure out which word to pick. :|

Anyway. Nice job. thup01

I have to wonder though. Some of the inside parts of the feel a little tilted. Is it just my imagination? :-?

Why are the door sound effects not the ones from North Ocean?

And that reminds me, I now know a change North Ocean could use; unlocking the doors nearest to you. Locking them makes no sense, other than to make the mission harder, which again, is nonsense.

User avatar
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:06 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:52 am
p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:41 am
So, Myron did you manage to finally complete the "Sea wolves" add-on or not? :roll:

By the way i am working on a new H&D Deluxe add-on. It is almost finished. :cool:
Yes, I have.

Anyway. Nice job. thup01

I have to wonder though. Some of the inside parts of the feel a little tilted. Is it just my imagination? :-?

Why are the door sound effects not the ones from North Ocean?

And that reminds me, I now know a change North Ocean could use; unlocking the doors nearest to you. Locking them makes no sense, other than to make the mission harder, which again, is nonsense.

Thank you for the feedback!

Well, the original ship from Northoc mission was sinking, so i tried to level it up - it wasn't an easy job and maybe i made some mistakes (i am only a human). no_02

About my obsession - modding is just a hobby. So, maybe better go to sleep instead of writing such bulls**t.

You have a "fiery zeal" as we used to say in Poland - in other words you are an erratic person - you start a thing and you hardly ever finishes it (like answering to some of my posts). :sad:

By the way i thought that i am an layman person in the Navy topic, but i was wrong, LOL.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

User avatar
Myron
Commando
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: USA

Re: Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by Myron » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 pm

Hobby! Yes, that is the word I was looking for. Sorry about that, I meant no offense. :sad:
I must keep myself awake, as my turn for night-security has come up again, so I must be prepared. What good is a sleeping attendant? :cool:

I try to keep up; but you work so fast, and respond so fast. I have a rather hectic life. When I first dreamed up this overhaul, I was expecting to do "one mission at a time", like one or two a week. I was totally unprepared for someone as fast as you. Someone so fast that you have several missions ready to go within a single day. I am so sorry for all this. :cry:

User avatar
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Sea wolves - a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Myron wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 pm
Hobby! Yes, that is the word I was looking for. Sorry about that, I meant no offense. :sad:
I must keep myself awake, as my turn for night-security has come up again, so I must be prepared. What good is a sleeping attendant? :cool:

I try to keep up; but you work so fast, and respond so fast. I have a rather hectic life. When I first dreamed up this overhaul, I was expecting to do "one mission at a time", like one or two a week. I was totally unprepared for someone as fast as you. Someone so fast that you have several missions ready to go within a single day. I am so sorry for all this. :cry:
OK. No offense taken.

Indeed, maybe i am too fast sometimes and this results in many bugs, that could be avoided if i only was more precise and work slower. I need to have more patience while modding. However implementing some changes require less time, than i.e. making a new mission add-on completely from scratch.

Of course everyone has a right to express constructive criticism - there is nothing wrong in that. However, you cannot exaggerate with your own critics, because such behavior will discourage others to play my add-ons. Some minor bugs have no impact on the actual gameplay and could be fixed by me rather quickly. Keep in mind, that modding H&D Deluxe is only a hobby - i am not taking any money for my work. However, in my opinion some of my modified H&D Deluxe missions are much better, than the original ones made by the game developers for profit.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests