HIDDEN AND DANGEROUS EXTENDED

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
andoodle
Private

Re: HIDDEN AND DANGEROUS EXTENDED

Unread post by andoodle » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Pardon me, NilsZ.

I really am sorry to bother you and some of the others in your team, and I know that this could be off-topic (if it is, then I apologize), but sometime ago (it might have been a few months ago), I might have received word that the community in these forums had received the source code for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe from Take-Two Interactive (I think). However, sometime after receiving the news about this, along with some improvements that may have been planned for a potential enhanced version of the game (including a possible role-playing system), I saw that said piece of news was deleted, so I have no way of knowing about it again or remembering it. The one thing I wish to know, about that potential piece of news, is this: Is it true?

Again, I am sorry for bothering all of you, and I am sorry if this is off topic, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. With that in mind, I wish to know. Thank you for your time. Carry on.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:14 pm

@andoodle
I think what you have in mind are the posts of mr.47. He is planning to make a game that uses role-play-systems and many other features. I don't know how far his progress is. But it is a different project and not using hidden and dangerous codes.

There will be a new .exe in the next update of Hidden and Dangerous Extended, because we have help from an anonymous coder. In the future we will implement more features in the game, so the modding will never end thup01

@everyone
what do you think about the new laracroft cheat?
NILS-PC [029].jpg
NILS-PC [029].jpg (145.55 KiB) Viewed 906659 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:21 pm

NILS-PC [029].jpg
LOL. From where you get the model NilsZ? With that look and bikini she could win any war alone. funny01

Headquarters in London should also send Indiana Jones from Home Guard as her partner. Buying War Bonds might be simply not enough to support the war effort. ;)
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 pm

I was so extremely clever and just typed the file name from cadnav into google and got other sites that have this model, hehe xD
Putting models into the bones was easier than i thought :O

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:49 am

andoodle wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:29 pm
Pardon me, NilsZ.

I really am sorry to bother you and some of the others in your team, and I know that this could be off-topic (if it is, then I apologize), but sometime ago (it might have been a few months ago), I might have received word that the community in these forums had received the source code for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe from Take-Two Interactive (I think). However, sometime after receiving the news about this, along with some improvements that may have been planned for a potential enhanced version of the game (including a possible role-playing system), I saw that said piece of news was deleted, so I have no way of knowing about it again or remembering it. The one thing I wish to know, about that potential piece of news, is this: Is it true?

Again, I am sorry for bothering all of you, and I am sorry if this is off topic, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. With that in mind, I wish to know. Thank you for your time. Carry on.
Exactly that was me and all of the News was true but it got redirected to another fourm group and I'm one of the group members but I got nothing to do with other people projects but mine so mine project will simulate the same role h&d2 was doing like rank system and level system so no worries at all you and others are not suffering Mandela effect and soon I will release picture of my projects process.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:56 pm

I have good news again.
The AI feature to investigate corpses is complete now You can choose in the editor if they should look for dead enemies and/or dead allies.

I tested it in danube1 mission. I killed the guard at the first hut, after the man at the second hut saw the corpse he came directly to this place. Even patrols are looking now what is going on.
AMILO-LAPTOP [003].JPG
AMILO-LAPTOP [003].JPG (107.74 KiB) Viewed 906622 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:25 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:56 pm
I have good news again.
The AI feature to investigate corpses is complete now You can choose in the editor if they should look for dead enemies and/or dead allies.

I tested it in danube1 mission. I killed the guard at the first hut, after the man at the second hut saw the corpse he came directly to this place. Even patrols are looking now what is going on.
Good work NilsZ! thup01

This new feature will be especially usefull when enabled on 2-men enemy patrols. When you kill one from the pair, the second will check what is going on. Am i right?

Could you tell me please how long the enemy checks the surroundings with that option enabled?

I am looking forward to check this new AI feature as soon as possible. :cool:

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:33 pm

Nice.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:44 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:25 pm
Could you tell me please how long the enemy checks the surroundings with that option enabled?
It depends on the task that the human was doing before. Walk CP will not be deleted, so he will run around the corpse for one minutes and then repeat to his route until he sees the corpse again.
When guard is active with no specified checkpoint he will remain there after he checked the surroundings.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:57 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:44 pm
p.jakub88 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:25 pm
It depends on the task that the human was doing before. Walk CP will not be deleted, so he will run around the corpse for one minutes and then repeat to his route until he sees the corpse again.
When guard is active with no specified checkpoint he will remain there after he checked the surroundings.
Thanks for the info!

One last question: how you named this new feature in the editor options and where you placed it?

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:02 am

NilsZ wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:14 pm
@everyone
I remember HalfLife2 had mod where Alyx was totally naked ;)
NilsZ wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:03 pm
I have now also the AI so far that they register dead humans. I want to let them run there and let investigate (if enabled in the editor).
I did try to make it happen in HD2 for multyplayer, made some script tests but no luck.
Only thing worked was anymation: stop+run to body+look down/invetsigate/search something... then take weapon in hand and start to move in random directions and when player was in radius then slowly follow.
Click Here !

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 am

Stern wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:02 am
I remember HalfLife2 had mod where Alyx was totally naked ;)
I remember that model too, it was also available for garrysmod :mrgreen:
It is nice how well the animations work on the new model. I am thinking about ripping models from other games.

@Jakub: it is in the AI section. "Invest. dead enemies" or "friends". No and default has the same effect.
I have to fix some bugs before the next release, i hope that i can load it up in the next days.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:21 pm

Is it possible to make a third party program for scripting addons and mods for the game just like (half life1) (AMXX) mod X (google it if you don't know what is it)

And that's my friend why half life 1 is not dead yet because of the SDK and mods & addons service and servers multiplayer selection as well as other communities and people like you and me are modding the hell out of the game (half life)

Now I might do that feature in the future so take your time for the h&d: extended 1.4

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:26 pm

[/quote] I am thinking about ripping models from other games.
[/quote]

Don't wait just do it already and I might recommend you some games to check it out

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:47 pm

mr.47 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:21 pm
Is it possible to make a third party program for scripting addons and mods for the game just like (half life1) (AMXX) mod X (google it if you don't know what is it)
Yes that is a nice idea. A game with open script files would be much easier to mod.