HIDDEN AND DANGEROUS EXTENDED

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
NilsZ
Major

Re: HIDDEN AND DANGEROUS EXTENDED

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:03 am

No, because this is not my target. I don't want to make a new game.
I like the insanity 3D engine, because i am modding here for 15 years now. I want to keep it and improve it.

Of course some codes of other games can give some impressions.
Afaik the half life engine is not open source. And it has also a lot of limitations (max. texture sizes, max. map size, etc.). I am really glad that HD doesn't have any of this limits :)

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:41 am

True but you still can have some fun with that and copy some concepts only I'm not pushing you but yeah I also love h&d engines and back then that engine was just a dream a revolution in gaming industry and I'm not arguing with you but we rather have opinions on upgrading and enhancing the game but (we might work for better game) still h&d but no limitations of modding How about that?

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:11 pm

yesterday I implemented some new cheats :)
I added kill-them-all again. Now it kills only enemies, not civilians or friends.
fillfuel - sets the fuel of your vehicle to 1000 Liters.
superman - you can jump 30 meters high and fall up to 999 meters without dying and creeping becomes a speed hack.

And these are planned:
fillammo - sets the ammo of your gun to 1000
spawnbike - spawns a bmw bike in front of you
laracroft - changes whole model instead of only face :) (we need a lara croft model funny01 )

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Is it possible to create Teleport cheat ?
I made this happen for HD2, (memory manipulation), I can save/teleport...but the best cheat in the house is the way to move camera and then use weapons.
It means i can be in one place but use weapon in other place...
I tested it in online OCC server once, I went far behind to my side last zone and then moved my camera back to the zone where all the fighting was going on, and every time player from enemy side try to take next flag, i shot him...:) He never knew where it came from...
It like "invisible" cheat.
Click Here !

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:32 pm

Yes this is possible and it was already implemented. It was just enabled for editor.
(for those who want to know more, just type "debugport" in editor)

I enabled the function also for the game. At the moment you can only choose places that are created in the mission. I am thinking about teleporting to enemies.

Did you use cheat engine for this memory manipulation?

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:47 am

Something like in-game spectator mode ?

I used CheatEngine to find out all needed memory addresses, most of them are dynamic (they change all the time) so pointer scan helps to find out offsets.
After that i created a program.
Teleport was easy, just data replace in memory (new X-Y-Z location), but for camera movement, the op codes in memory must be replaced with NOP (no operation, byte: 144)
Then camera is not locked to player position and can move freely... but if theres more than 1 NOP needed (there was 8 of them) then target process (game) must be freezed, if not the game just crashes...so there was some additional functions to develop and this freeze function i found online, this is done by Kernel dll.
Click Here !

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 am

We definitely need to create an effective anti cheat system for multiplayer as well adding a console in the game just like h&d2 first of all cheating kills fun in games second of all we need to create a more freedom in the game like an SDK special made for the game (leave it to me) as well as some other stuff (also leave it to me) iac stands for (insanity anti cheating) system (I'm gonna go for it) but Nilsz you need to write about everything you have changed in the game and it's called devlogs and send it to me as well as the patches and the modded source code as well no worries at all we are not going to make it now but later. :) XD

Stern
Lieutenant

Unread post by Stern » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:42 am

Yes you should collaborate to know what modifications are already made...:)
Anti-cheat starts from server, if server has control over all important player/mission related parameters then cheating has less opportunitys to make client side changes work for server.
Then you really dont need special anti-cheat system...
Like in HD2, ammo/clip number is controlled by server, i have tested it by adding ammo/clip, has no effect.
There is some way to disable weapon recoil, used mostly in DM styles.
I guess most players know how to get through collisions (used mostly to get through walls or closed doors)
I have used secondary collision in some of my mission to prevent that in some sweetspots.
Second collision (placed slightly shifted) will push player back and no way to get through.
As i have seen, cheats are very rarely used in co-op in HD2, because player still needs good tactic to complete difficult mission.
Click Here !

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:43 pm

I remember that glitching bug in HD2, nearly everyone was using this bug.
Nice to hear that it could be fixed.

My coding knowledge is at its beginning, maybe in the next few years I will learn more ;)
At the moment i can't make big steps like spectator mode teleporting or anti cheat systems.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Some news for you guys:

I am working on my next release, because i have a lot of things to show you :grin:

I reactivated the bluestars cheat, you can switch your game to censored version with it. Very funny and nostalgic.

I have now also the AI so far that they register dead humans. I want to let them run there and let investigate (if enabled in the editor).

Also bullet holes are quite well working. A real good effect for this game.

The AI can now also take cover if they hear shots around their head or run around the whole map to find you. This can be choosen in editor.

I am also thinking about a new logo for the exe. How about the old H&D sign with an X in the center bottom?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:03 pm
Some news for you guys:

I am working on my next release, because i have a lot of things to show you :grin:

I reactivated the bluestars cheat, you can switch your game to censored version with it. Very funny and nostalgic.

I have now also the AI so far that they register dead humans. I want to let them run there and let investigate (if enabled in the editor).

Also bullet holes are quite well working. A real good effect for this game.

The AI can now also take cover if they hear shots around their head or run around the whole map to find you. This can be choosen in editor.

I am also thinking about a new logo for the exe. How about the old H&D sign with an X in the center bottom?
Nice to see NilsZ that you made some progress recently - i was afraid that you abandoned H&D Deluxe modding forever.

About the new logo - could you show us how it will look like? I don't remember the look of the old H&D sign (i didn't play classic H&D for years).
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:08 pm

jakub, dont be silly :grin:
i would never abandon this game, even now where i have more possibilities. this would be like opening the door to paradise and then just walk away :lol:
I had another things to do in the last weeks. I really missed this forum ;)

I will post a preview of the logo tomorrow. thup01

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:07 pm

This is the original icon from H&D 1.0
hd icon.jpg
hd icon.jpg (2.06 KiB) Viewed 179279 times
And this is my idea for the new icon
hdx icon.jpg
hdx icon.jpg (4.95 KiB) Viewed 179279 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:30 pm

NilsZ wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:07 pm
This is the original icon from H&D 1.0
hd icon.jpg

And this is my idea for the new icon
hdx icon.jpg
I like the original icon more. You decide which one is your preferable.
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

mr.47
Captain

Unread post by mr.47 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54 pm

Wow