The great escape -a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

The great escape -a H&D Deluxe mission add-on

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:31 am

Hello everyone,

i would like to share with you my first made new mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, it is called "The great escape".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Unpack all the rar archives into your H&D Deluxe data folder (i.e.: C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe\data). Replace the data.dta and models.dta with the new ones. The mission add-on is a file with *.add extension. Start the game, choose play add-on and select "The great escape" from the menu.

MISSION BRIEFING

Our task is to free the captured British Mosquito pilots from the POW camp. The pilots were on their routine reconnaissance mission, but the AA defense shooted them down. According to local French resistance members, they are held in the building nearby the cages with dogs. The pilots know that we are coming, so they will exit the building when we are close to the entrance of it. Use a "follow me" command to order the pilots to follow your commando. Then, they will wait for the transport close to a small gate, nearby the building where they are held. There is a car park in the camp. You need to steal a half-track and the Opel truck, then reach the escape point - the mission start location. When all your survived commandos and 2 pilots reach the escape point inside the 2 stolen vehicles the mission ends. Watch out for guard towers and enemy patrols in the camp. It is likely, that the Germans will send the reinforcements to the camp to cut off our escape route, when the alarm raises. Good luck!

REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

If you downloaded my mission add-on please give me your feedback. I am waiting your comment. :grin:

EDIT: I updated the mission once more. I added a new sky with stars and moon. It looks better now.
Attachments
The great escape.rar
(563.28 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
data.rar
(556.9 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
models.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 655 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Tue May 23, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 28 times in total.
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: The great escape -a Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe mission

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:33 am

Below i posted 3 images from "The great escape" mission add-on, which are showing few important mission locations.
Attachments
JAKUB-PC [000].jpg
The main entrance to the POW camp.
JAKUB-PC [000].jpg (25.71 KiB) Viewed 15248 times
JAKUB-PC [001].jpg
The building where the pilots are held.
JAKUB-PC [001].jpg (28.19 KiB) Viewed 15248 times
JAKUB-PC [002].jpg
The car park with vehicles.
JAKUB-PC [002].jpg (57.59 KiB) Viewed 15248 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Navyseals
Corporal

Re: POWs rescue - a Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe mission add-

Unread post by Navyseals » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:04 pm

You can do a mission to use tanks M4 shermans?

This is my favorite tank :mrgreen:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: POWs rescue - a Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe mission add-

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 am

Navyseals wrote:You can do a mission to use tanks M4 shermans?

This is my favorite tank :mrgreen:

I think that this could be possible, but as far as i know there is only available a winter camo for Sherman tank. Maybe i will create a mission add-on that take place in Ardenes. Bear in mind, that the Sherman has only two seats. The other 2 members of the squad will go on foot or use another vehicle.

EDIT: i created a mission add-on, where the player could use the Sherman tank. Here is the link:viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2599&p=13362#p13362.

NilsZ
Major

Re: The great escape -a Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe mission ad

Unread post by NilsZ » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:10 pm

This Addon is OK, well done, no bugs. Only the mission image is missing.
But it is very short and not much difference to the original map Germany-4.

Why do you need to steal the 2 cars for escape? I stucked the truck at one gate :(

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:32 pm

NilsZ wrote:This Addon is OK, well done, no bugs. Only the mission image is missing.
But it is very short and not much difference to the original map Germany-4.

Why do you need to steal the 2 cars for escape? I stucked the truck at one gate :(
Thank you for your feedback, however the mission image isn't missing - it shows the main gate of the POW camp. This is my first mission add-on, try the other ones also - there are better. I added few enemy patrols to the mission, it is enough i think - if you like "Hollywood action movie style missions" i could add tanks and a whole company of German soldiers, but i don't think that the Germans would use them to stop only 2 prisoners from escaping the POW camp. You could drive with the half-track near the gate (it is smaller than a Opel truck), those 2 pilots will enter it when you choose the "follow me command". You have max 4 commandos and 2 prisoners in this mission, so 1 vehicle isn't enough to transport them all. Escaping by foot looks stupid in my opinion and the way to the escape point is long.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Oh sorry, i took only 2 soldiers with me^^

Don't understand me wrong i like the kind of mission, but i think it could have some more objectives. Short mission are also not bad (i dont like hollywood style maps and massaker maps where you only have to shoot like crazy).

You could also pack all your addons in one addon with 6 missions thup01

All in all good work, go on ;)

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:21 pm

NilsZ wrote:Oh sorry, i took only 2 soldiers with me^^

Don't understand me wrong i like the kind of mission, but i think it could have some more objectives. Short mission are also not bad (i dont like hollywood style maps and massaker maps where you only have to shoot like crazy).

You could also pack all your addons in one addon with 6 missions thup01

All in all good work, go on ;)
Thank you NilsZ. I am sorry i didn't want to offend you. I edited this mission once again and now it takes place during the night, with few searchlights on the guard towers to add realism. Until now i created 8 mission add-on for Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe - they are not connected with each other, so i couldn't create a campaign.

NilsZ
Major

Unread post by NilsZ » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:19 pm

You should make the fog from blue to black, then it looks better thup01

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:55 pm

NilsZ wrote:You should make the fog from blue to black, then it looks better thup01
I deleted the default fog, because the distant objects were rendered in white color (trees, buildings) - which is unrealistic in my opinion. Now it is correct - the dark night without moon and stars, it sometimes happens. The only light sources are the searchlights placed on the guard towers. I just learned, how to add and edit the light sources using HDD Editor. I must say, it is a lot of work (especially with those searchlights, that should light up only a certain spot of the POW camp).