New Campaign notes

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
zanzibar
Private

Re: New Campaign notes

Unread post by zanzibar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Well, Lars did the Mousetrap mission based on the tech demo's island. But yes, I also don't know any mod that took advantage of either Underground or Achixu. I can think of two ways to take advantage of Underground: as either part of a larger map (which would require 3DMax, which I don't have) or an interim level, set between something else. I can see it working as a lower entrance into something like a lighthouse (H&D2's Lighthouse comes to mind) or on its own as part of a sewer system (despite some Egyptian-styled spots, most of it is anonymous enough to fit anywhere else).

I'd probably go with the second option, though I'm not sure there would be many interesting SAS moments in WW2 that involved sewers. Unless I consider some other faction during the war, or perphaps an "alternate history" scenario where a SAS team helps French resistance fighters pursue Germans along several places. The sewers could be in Paris (the resistance used them for bases and transit) and serve as a way to another level.

Lately I've been thinking about an alternate history or "what if?" scenario where one would control either four SAS or 101st Airborne trying to capture Göring's art train. Unfortunately I can't find any images of what the tunnel was like in 1945, so I'd have to be pretty imaginative there :mrgreen: Either that or going the French way, as Rose Valland and the Resistance prevented an art train from leaving Paris.