H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Discuss your upcoming modding & editing projects here or shout out some ideas.
p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Re: H&D Deluxe; the ultimate mod; Mission overhauls

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:33 pm

This time i updated all of the missions of the Czechoslovak campaign.

See pictures below.

Attachments
missions.rar
Updated 27.10.2020 - Czechoslovak campaign
(4.47 MiB) Downloaded 208 times
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS motto.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm

As a bonus i added a driveable, "captured" Opel Blitz truck Summer model in the Greece 1 mission.

See picture below.
Attachments
Opel Blitz Greece 1.JPG
Opel Blitz Greece 1.JPG (48.25 KiB) Viewed 9992 times
greece1.rar
Updated 27.10.2020
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 227 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:22 pm

I am currently re-working the Prague 2 mission, because it always have been one of my least favorites H&D Deluxe missions. Still work in progress.

List of implemented changes since my last update:

1) I made the environment slightly less dark - this mission takes place during a day after all.

2) I corrected a "small mistake" in the Prague 2 mission objectives logic - by default we completed the mission by having the scientist and at least one alive SAS teammate on board the plane. Leaving rest of the team on the ground didn't change the outcome of the mission. Now we need to have the scientist and all remaining SAS team members on board the plane. SAS leaves no men behind (motto used with permission from USMC)!

3) I also added a King Tiger tank (i used the same model in my modified Prague 1 mission) that will protect the road leading to the "village" in the background. Now approaching the airfield via the main road would be risky. The tank has no fuel, but its crew is determined to hold their positions till the last AP round. Since this operation happens during the last days of WW2 in Europe, i thought that i will depict a "typical" King Tiger scenario.

See picture below.
Attachments
King Tiger Prague 2.JPG
King Tiger Prague 2.JPG (81.76 KiB) Viewed 9953 times
Last edited by p.jakub88 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:58 am

andoodle wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:38 pm
I apologize for butting in, but as much as how the original Hidden and Dangerous game showed player-characters and/or enemies losing their limbs whenever they are caught in an explosion, the same can be said for said characters' heads (that is, in the original Hidden and Dangerous game. However, even though that feature was recently (I think) added to Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe, I would like to see that feature become an option that can be selected from within the main menu. However, that is another story, and it is my opinion.

Again, I apologize for butting in on the conversation, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest and state my two cents. Thank you again. Carry on.
Are you kidding? I've been dying for others to throw in their own input. I am happy you "butted in". :grin:

EDIT: Also, yes, by "limbs" I was also talking about the heads. You get that effect when you play the original game that is also part of the Action Pack that you can buy on Steam. It's probably on sale by now.

Though, unlike the 1999 disc, this is 1.3 patched.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:08 am

Hey Jakub, how come you've never brought in the Tiger I from MOH?

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:24 am

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:08 am
Well, honestly i like the vanilla model from H&D Deluxe.

However, i have the Tiger I model from MoH somewhere on my hard drive in case of emergency. ;)

It is not driveable though. The only driveable one at the moment is the King Tiger imported from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - used in my edited Czechoslovak campaign.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 pm

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:24 am
Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:08 am
Well, honestly i like the vanilla model from H&D Deluxe.

However, i have the Tiger I model from MoH somewhere on my hard drive in case of emergency. ;)

It is not driveable though. The only driveable one at the moment is the King Tiger imported from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - used in my edited Czechoslovak campaign.
Well, what brought it to my attention was how the there seems to be not one, but two destroyed models for a Tiger I in the game. One comes from you destroying the tank, and the other seems to be a custom model of some sort, that you used to find in certain missions, like in the Prague campaign, though I think you removed them.

In Prague 1, you find two on the bridge, and in Prague 2, I remember there was one near the entrance to the Control Tower.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:52 pm

Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Well, what brought it to my attention was how the there seems to be not one, but two destroyed models for a Tiger I in the game. One comes from you destroying the tank, and the other seems to be a custom model of some sort, that you used to find in certain missions, like in the Prague campaign, though I think you removed them.

In Prague 1, you find two on the bridge, and in Prague 2, I remember there was one near the entrance to the Control Tower.
Yeah, i know what you mean. See picture below.

The problem is, that as far as i know there is no Tiger tank with Winter camo in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault or Spearhead. I checked the game files and i didn't find a Winter texture for the Tiger. Having only a Summer version from MoH and Winter version still from vanilla H&D Deluxe would look inconsistent.
Attachments
Tiger Prague 2.JPG
Tiger Prague 2.JPG (69.23 KiB) Viewed 9917 times

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:11 am

Meantime I also updated the Danube 5 mission.

1) I corrected a "small mistake" in the Danube 5 mission objectives logic - by default we completed the mission by having at least one alive SAS teammate on board the plane. Leaving rest of the team on the ground didn't change the outcome of the mission. Now we need to have all the remaining SAS team members on board the plane. SAS leaves no men behind!

2) I also added a main theme from the movie "Air Force One". The music starts playing when the plane shows up. It is a nice easter egg for you.

Unpack the sounds.mod.rar archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe).
Attachments
sounds.mod.rar
Custom music track from the movie "Air Force One".
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 220 times
danube5.rar
Updated 30.10.2020
(877.5 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:31 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:52 pm
Myron wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Yeah, i know what you mean. See picture below.

The problem is, that as far as i know there is no Tiger tank with Winter camo in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault or Spearhead. I checked the game files and i didn't find a Winter texture for the Tiger. Having only a Summer version from MoH and Winter version still from vanilla H&D Deluxe would look inconsistent.
Hmm, good point.

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:35 am

p.jakub88 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:11 am
Meantime I also updated the Danube 5 mission.

1) I corrected a "small mistake" in the Danube 5 mission objectives logic - by default we completed the mission by having at least one alive SAS teammate on board the plane. Leaving rest of the team on the ground didn't change the outcome of the mission. Now we need to have all the remaining SAS team members on board the plane. SAS leaves no men behind!

2) I also added a main theme from the movie "Air Force One". The music starts playing when the plane shows up. It is a nice easter egg for you.

Unpack the sounds.mod.rar archive into your main H&D Deluxe directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Take2\Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe).
Wow!
I never knew that. I always got all 4 men on board.

I do remember there was a time in Prague 2 where all you needed was the scientist and probably 1 man on the plane to complete the mission.

I don't think the USMC made up that quote; but I do know that ALL the modern US military uses it. :)

Wow, you watched Air Force One as well?! :grin:

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:53 am

Myron wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:35 am

I don't think the USMC made up that quote; but I do know that ALL the modern US military uses it. :)

Wow, you watched Air Force One as well?! :grin:
Looks like i played too much Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault to have that impression, lol.

Yes, i watched the movie. Harrision Ford is one of my favorites actors. "Don't call me Junior dad!" :mrgreen:

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:30 am

And too much CoD4, Paul Jackson's final mission, they repeat it.
But before replaying that; watch Black Hawk Down. They say it there a lot.

Too bad the sub we blow up isn't the Red October. (jk)
I think Ford was the best version of Jack Ryan; watch Patriot Games and Clear & Present Danger, if you haven't already.

p.jakub88
SAS Soldier

Unread post by p.jakub88 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:05 pm

OK Myron. Below i uploaded my latest Prague 2 mission update. Beside the changes mentioned in my previous post about the Prague 2 mission i also implemented a new one. Now, when the Lancaster bomber land, the main theme from movie "Battle of Britain" (1969) will be played (the "Luftwaffe March"). Few conditions must be fulfilled in order to hear that music:

-> the Lancaster bomber need to be at the end of the runway (the moment when the plane turns around on the ground in place in order to begin the take-off procedure);

-> all alive team members must be within a certain distance from the plane that landed on the runway;

-> the scientist must be alive and within certain distance from the plane that landed on the runway.

Attachments
prague2.rar
Updated 31.10.2020
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
sounds.mod.rar
Main theme from the movie "Battle of Britain"
(3.46 MiB) Downloaded 205 times

Myron
SAS Soldier

Unread post by Myron » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:56 pm

Woe is me!
We jinxed ourselves!

We mention movies last night that have Sean Connery, only for the man to pass away TODAY, just hours later!

Rest in Peace, my hero. :cry: