Game quits when I click on "multiplayer internet"

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
gunner
Private

Game quits when I click on "multiplayer internet"

Unread post by gunner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 pm

I've played this game many times on this machine (Vista OS). All of a sudden I can't play online unless I play without the v1.12 patch. I've tried to uninstall/install many times and nothing helps. Also, what is the difference between H&D2 and the H&D2ss?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Game quits when I click on "multiplayer internet"

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 pm

Well, SS stands for Studikilimo Sudilimo, which means "multiplayer enabled for Vista" in the Illusion language.

The SS expansion adds a new set of campaign missions, coop for the new campaign missions, new weapons and equipment and new multiplayer DM, OBJ and OCC maps.

The 1.12 patch applied to the unexpanded game just lets you play on the maps that you have with people using the SS expansion with the 1.12 patch applied.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:53 am

I bet it is the serverlist.bin bug again. Delete it anytime when you restart hd2 or made an empty textfile witch is writeprotected with the name serverlist.bin

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:33 am

You should just be able to delete the serverlist.bin and let HD2 write a new one.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: