Installation Error with LangEng.dta file

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Drozdov
Major

Installation Error with LangEng.dta file

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:51 am

I'm re-installing H&D 2, but I keep running into an error when installing Sabre Squadron. At 65% completion it tells me 'Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Illusion Softworks\Hidden & Dangerous 2\LangEnglish.dta. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.' It gives me the option to retry or cancel - when I click retry it proceeds with the installation, but when it reaches 100% the same error message reappears. Funny thing is the message seems to suggest the problem is with a file already on the C disk. But native H&D runs fine. It's probably a problem with my SS disk since it's pretty scratched from all the hours of use it got before.

I don't know what to do, if my copy of SS is just buggered or it's the LangEnglish file in which case I could maybe download that from someone. Why the fuck does SS have 2 disks by the way? At no point during the installation does it ask for Disk 2...
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Drozdov
Major

Re: Installation Error with LangEng.dta file

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:52 pm

Success! I tried defragging the HD and then reinstalling H&D 2. That still didn't work, still had the same problem, so I tried installing it in English (United States) instead of English (United Kingdom) and it installed fine. thup01

Strangely enough installing it in US English also meant that it asked for Disk 2 after about 60%. I guess both my UK English language file and the installation file were fucked somehow.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]