Using Hamachi

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Greyco
Private

Using Hamachi

Unread post by Greyco » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:11 pm

After a bit of searching I stumbled into this forum and I was hoping somebody here could help me with the following problem;

Me and some mates wanted to try Sabre Squadron in coop mode. We've been using Hamachi for flight sims and operation flashpoint and loads of other games.
But Hamachi doesn't seem to work. We just don't see the server in the list...
We've spend hours trying to solve the problem, maybe there are some experts here who can help us out?

Thx in advance

Postal25
Private

Re: Using Hamachi

Unread post by Postal25 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:16 am

Do you use a router??

Let me dig in into the hamachi subject. Im not well known with that. I'll see what i can do. Hidden and dangerous 1 and 2 can be a pain in the *ss to setup multiplayer especially when routers are involved.
For the router solution look at the 2nd post from above in this tech forum, I replied on it two days ago.
I will download hamachi and look if I can set up hidden and dangerous with that program.

regards,
Chris
Last edited by Postal25 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:28 pm

ive never used hamachi
but from what i know it makes everyones appear as if they are in your own LAN network
it might not seem right but when i have my 3 comps in a LAN on h&d ss i still used the "MULTIPLAYER - INTERNET" button not the "MULTIPLYER - LAN" button

at first i had a big problems with the server not showing up in the network game list, so i used to enter the WAN ip (on the client machines) then hit refresh, sometimes that helps to see the server
Knowledge is Power
Share the Knowledge

Greyco
Private

Unread post by Greyco » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Well I found a work around that I remembered from some other game.

Might be usefull for others who use hamachi:
1. Launch Hamachi and get everyone on it.
2. Go to your network connections screen and disable your internet connection.
3. Launch hidden & dangerous and go to the lan screen.
4. Do ALT-TAB and return to windows, enable your connection again.
5. The server, who will have done the same and created the server (before u re-enable the connection), will appear in the list.

This worked for us, and came in handy.

Greetz

rahulcdefg
Private

Unread post by rahulcdefg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:33 am

guys please help ..even am facing the same problem ...my server doesnt appear in the list..i don have any router...

2 . i never tried using hamatchi ..can any one xplain the last poin in the above reply????